Sign in to follow this  
Guest Moose Knuckle Ball Four

Sherman will decide today if Green will play

Ahman Green hasn't gotten the green light just yet, but indications are Green Bay's featured running back will return to the starting lineup Sunday for a pivotal game against the Vikings at the Metrodome.

Green practiced all week after nursing knee and thigh injuries for two weeks. Head coach Mike Sherman said Friday the team will make a final decision today on Green, who is listed as questionable on the injury report.

"He was limited in some capacity," Sherman said of Green's practice workload this week. "But what he did do, he looked good at. [We're] hopeful that he'll be able to play on Sunday and give us what we need."

The Packers are itching to get their once-dominant running attack on track.

They rank 28th in the league with an average of only 77.8 rushing yards per game and are 29th with a per-carry average of 3.3 yards.

It's all the more paramount for the Packers to get Green back on the field this weekend, after losing No. 2 halfback Najeh Davenport because of a season-ending broken ankle in the last game.

Sherman all but ruled out Pro Bowl center Mike Flanagan for Sunday's game, though Flanagan remains listed as questionable. Flanagan is recovering from an Oct. 5 surgery to repair a hernia. He didn't practice all week but did conditioning work on the side.

"I think we would be pushing the envelope if we put him out there this week," Sherman said. Offensive line coach Larry Beightol said Scott Wells would make his second consecutive start in Flanagan's absence.

• Undrafted rookie linebacker Roy Manning didn't practice because of a sprained ankle and was added to the injury report as questionable. Manning started the Packers' last game at the strong-side position, in place of Na'il Diggs.

Running back Ahman Green and tight end Bubba Franks should be back in the lineup Sunday against the Vikings. Both are listed as questionable but practiced this week.

“I want to see how (Green) feels (today) after a heavy day (Friday) and (Thursday),” Sherman said. “We certainly want to get as much out of him as we possibly can. He’s an integral part of our offense.”

The Packers added linebacker Roy Manning to their injury report as questionable because of a sprained ankle sustained in practice.

Center Mike Flanagan (hernia) is questionable but didn’t practice and won’t play. Safety Earl Little (hamstring) also is questionable but didn’t practice. Linebacker Na’il Diggs (knee) is out.

Vikings injury update: Minnesota listed three players as probable, including receiver Nate Burleson (knee), who’s expected to start. The others were backup CB Brian Williams (knee) and backup RB Moe Williams (knee).

Two players didn’t practice Friday: Newly acquired guard Toniu Fonoti (hand), who’s out, and linebacker Dontarrious Thomas (shoulder), who’s questionable.

Green is starting. You can take that to the bank.... :thumbsup:

Green is starting. You can take that to the bank.... :(

wow. you have a lot of confidence in a guy who is so banged up we don't even know if he's playing yet (and the game is tomorrow) ANd running behind an interior o-line that has some major issues...oh, and the guy WHEN HEALTHY has averaged about 50 yards rushing a game so far this year.

and all of the above is supposed to be made all better because it's the vikings he's playing?!

i have ahman in one league but he's staying on my bench this week. this game has red flags all over it.

Green is starting. You can take that to the bank.... :shocking:

wow. you have a lot of confidence in a guy who is so banged up we don't even know if he's playing yet (and the game is tomorrow) ANd running behind an interior o-line that has some major issues...oh, and the guy WHEN HEALTHY has averaged about 50 yards rushing a game so far this year.

and all of the above is supposed to be made all better because it's the vikings he's playing?!

i have ahman in one league but he's staying on my bench this week. this game has red flags all over it.

Agreed. Green has been a bust so far this year (max 8 FFPs in a week). But now that he is coming back from injury (still questionable), he is expected to be a great start.

Green is starting. You can take that to the bank.... :headbanger:

Confidence? All he said was Green was starting, and I have to agree. If Davenshite wasn't hurt, then *maybe* Green wouldn't play.

Green is starting. You can take that to the bank.... :headbanger:

Agreed. Green has been a bust so far this year (max 8 FFPs in a week). But now that he is coming back from injury (still questionable), he is expected to be a great start.

Oh, he's a terrible start. He stinks. But I think the ? was if he was going to play.

Green is starting. You can take that to the bank.... :thumbsup:

you're processing the correct data (bust so far, injured) and inexplicably come up with a faulty conclusion (he's a great start).

makes no sense.

he's not "coming back" from injury: he's still injured and questionable to play; therefore, he is NOT 100 percent, whether he starts or not.

stranger things have happened, so i suppose he could do well tomorrow. but you go with the percentages and data. it's the same as trying to make an inside flush by betting all the way to the river: when you're right you'll let everyone know about it, i'm sure...but the percentages say you'll lose a vast majority of the time.

green had a tough start to the season, plus his team didnt really help him out not having the lead in any of but 1 game. Plus hes on brett favres team, brett has to be superman and take the wins and losses on his shoulders. Green will turn it around, he older but still a stud. If Green bay starts winning, they will play green so others will respect. Plus I dont know another team who cant run and win, besides Philly who looked bad last game.

The Hebrew Hammer

Come on Swamp. Realistically he's got a pretty good shot at starting and doing well against these Vikings. Green actually runs well on carpet. The Packers line is getting better every week and I would say that when they meet the Lions at home or the rematch, you my friend will be dealing with a new signature because there will be two entirely different teams on the field. How 'bout them Lions anyways? Garcia time already?

:thumbsup:

Green starts!! He may suck, but it's either him or Chester Taylor for me.

I am starting Taylor as well. The team I am facing is starting Green. So needless to say I hope Green doesn't do well! Honestly I think there are too many things working against him this week.

:thumbsup:

I am starting Taylor as well. The team I am facing is starting Green. So needless to say I hope Green doesn't do well! Honestly I think there are too many things working against him this week.

things working against him................like what?

Come on Swamp.  Realistically he's got a pretty good shot at starting and doing well against these Vikings.  Green actually runs well on carpet.  The Packers line is getting better every week and I would say that when they meet the Lions at home or the rematch, you my friend will be dealing with a new signature because there will be two entirely different teams on the field.  How 'bout them Lions anyways?  Garcia time already?

the lions? are still ahead of the packers. that's all that should be important to you. with the packers facing minny at home, pitt, cincy, and atlanta the next four weeks i thought you might be more concerned with that than who plays qb for the lions. thanks for caring, though :unsure:

i own green. i'd start him if i thought he was going to explode. i don't see it. everyone is putting all their eggs in the "the vikings defense sucks!" and ignoring the many, many issues with green and green bay right now.

:unsure:

if your options are something like that, then yes start green. but again expect a big day at your own peril.

"many, many issues with green and green bay right now. "

Give examples please. I feel Green Bay is coming into this came on a positive note and will continue to improve. Minny is just realizing how much they suck. Swampy, you are just a bitter, bitter man.

Give examples please.  I feel Green Bay is coming into this came on a positive note and will continue to improve.  Minny is just realizing how much they suck.  Swampy, you are just a bitter, bitter man.

i've already had it out with the rah-rah homer cheeseheads at the defense thread.

1) green is hurt. even if he plays, he is NOT 100 percent (this basic fact should be the beginning and end of this entire debate).

2) green when HEALTHY has averaged about 50 yards a game on the ground this year. WHEN HEALTHY.

3) the packers interior o-line has issues.

4) the vikings strength is interior d-line (see #3).

5) the vikings are coming off a humiliating loss and are at home. advantage: vikes. i'll take a team pissed off, licking it's wounds, and coming home over a team coming off a fat win, a bye week, and going on the road.

as i mentioned, i have ahman green. i drafted him! i want him to help my team! this is ff. any and all players that can help me are welcome on my ff roster. i own favre in my keeper league. can the "bitter ant-packer" bs.

anything can happen. green could blow up. but i happen to think the evidence suggests otherwise rather than the other way around. the problem is that many people think the percentages and trends overwhelmingly favor green having a big day. and that is blantantly false.

Give examples please.  I feel Green Bay is coming into this came on a positive note and will continue to improve.  Minny is just realizing how much they suck.  Swampy, you are just a bitter, bitter man.

i've already had it out with the rah-rah homer cheeseheads at the defense thread.

1) green is hurt. even if he plays, he is NOT 100 percent (this basic fact should be the beginning and end of this entired debate).

2) green when HEALTHY has averaged about 50 yards a game on the ground this year. WHEN HEALTHY.

3) the packers interior o-line has issues.

4) the vikings strength is interior d-line (see #3).

5) the vikings are coming off a humiliating loss and are at home. advantage: vikes. i'll take a team pissed off, licking it's wounds, and coming home over a team coming off a fat win, a bye week, and going on the road.

as i mentioned, i have ahman green. i drafted him! i want him to help my team! this is ff. any and all players that can help me are welcome on my ff roster. i own favre in my keeper league. can the "bitter ant-packer" bs.

1) green is hurt. even if he plays, he is NOT 100 percent (this basic fact should be the beginning and end of this entired debate). How hurt is he now, really?

2) green when HEALTHY has averaged about 50 yards a game on the ground this year. WHEN HEALTHY. OK now, this is the Vikings and the line is getting better, not worse.

3) the packers interior o-line has issues. No my friend, YOU have issues.

4) the vikings strength is interior d-line (see #3). Given, but that doesnt mean they will handle the Pack as in game #1 vs your Lions. Packers line is getting better. Whittaker is a freakin rookie, rookies get better with repetition.

5) the vikings are coming off a humiliating loss and are at home. advantage: vikes. i'll take a team pissed off, licking it's wounds, and coming home over a team coming off a fat win, a bye week, and going on the road. This means nothing. Pack have won in Minny as of late. Vikings can lick their wounds all they want, it doesnt make them heal. the run defense is last in the league, coaching sucks and they have internal issues. advantage: packers

the vikings are coming off a humiliating loss and are at home. advantage: vikes. i'll take a team pissed off, licking it's wounds, and coming home over a team coming off a fat win, a bye week, and going on the road.

their licking something but I dont think its wounds

the vikings are coming off a humiliating loss and are at home. advantage: vikes. i'll take a team pissed off, licking it's wounds, and coming home over a team coming off a fat win, a bye week, and going on the road.

:headbanger: :headbanger: :thumbsup:

now thats funny.

:wall: :( :lol:

now thats funny.

i'm certainly not a viking fan, either. just looking at this game purely from an ff standpoint. i happen to see a lot of red flags about it as it pertains to green (though i'm starting favre over vick in my keeper league today).

again, if i'm wrong i'm sure you, don, and sho will let me know about it :mad:

Hopefully this guy will be worth the 3rd round pick I made for him. Javon Walker certainly was NOT worth the 2nd pick......

"5) the vikings are coming off a humiliating loss and are at home. advantage: vikes. i'll take a team pissed off, licking it's wounds, and coming home over a team coming off a fat win, a bye week, and going on the road. "

has this worked for the texans? ;) they get humiliated every week and they just get worse and worse...

"5) the vikings are coming off a humiliating loss and are at home. advantage: vikes. i'll take a team pissed off, licking it's wounds, and coming home over a team coming off a fat win, a bye week, and going on the road. "

has this worked for the texans? :banana: they get humiliated every week and they just get worse and worse...

the vikings have talent, believe it or not. it doesn't work for the texans because they are void of talent and the ability to do anything about their frustration.

bump.

all you people who didn't listen to me and got burned by green today please report for "what the fock were you thinking?" questioning.

robokop, you're first.

Give examples please. I feel Green Bay is coming into this came on a positive note and will continue to improve. Minny is just realizing how much they suck. Swampy, you are just a bitter, bitter man.

:sleep:

Green will start and will have a field day against the Vikes D.

A field day for Green should mean 70 yards and no fumbles.

A. Green 67 total yards but no fumbles. I guess you guys are right he almost had a field day.

Green will start and will have a field day against the Vikes D.

A field day for Green should mean 70 yards and no fumbles.

A. Green 67 total yards but no fumbles. I guess you guys are right he almost had a field day.

He was injured early in the 4th quarter and never returned to the game. Probably out for the year.