Sign in to follow this  
brentleim

I hate to say it!

I own neither Priest nor Johnson but I can say that its starting to pan out for the Chiefs...

They ran the ball 42 times last on Friday... Priest could never have carried that load but Johnson could not have either...

The system they are working is keeping 2 top end backs in the game and the season for the duration of both...

If they can keep it up, they will both be starting on FF lineups... :lol:

Peace

They're both starting in my league though the owner of Johnson doesn't play him every week. But that damn holy man hit me up for 17 points.

It does seem to be working. I got my 2TDs last night for 17 total points so I am happy! :headbanger:

I am also happy that Priest is not carrying it 30+ times a game, making it more likely he'll be putting up the same stats in the playoffs (assuming I make 'em).

Now if LJ was a reliable start every week, that would be truly awesome. But this is awesome enough as it is.

It does seem to be working. I got my 2TDs last night for 17 total points so I am happy! :sleep:

I am also happy that Priest is not carrying it 30+ times a game, making it more likely he'll be putting up the same stats in the playoffs (assuming I make 'em).

Now if LJ was a reliable start every week, that would be truly awesome. But this is awesome enough as it is.

Yeah, awesome if you got Priest in the 2nd round. Honestly, I don't see this whole "Priest will be fresh for playoff time" as anything more than spin on the fact he's in a RBBC. I don't want the #'s he's putting up come playoff time. I drafted him for MONSTER #'s, which he's not putting up. I have LJ too, and I would never wish injury on a player, but maybe one of them can get arrested or something and give me a bonafide STARTING RB.

It does seem to be working.  I got my 2TDs last night for 17 total points so I am happy!  :wub:

Now if LJ was a reliable start every week, that would be truly awesome.  But this is awesome enough as it is.

Yeah, awesome if you got Priest in the 2nd round. Honestly, I don't see this whole "Priest will be fresh for playoff time" as anything more than spin on the fact he's in a RBBC. I don't want the #'s he's putting up come playoff time. I drafted him for MONSTER #'s, which he's not putting up. I have LJ too, and I would never wish injury on a player, but maybe one of them can get arrested or something and give me a bonafide STARTING RB.

Sheer nonsense. Everyone knew the #3 spot was iffy, with LT and SA being the logical top two picks. So, forget those two guys. Who's left? The only one who is an absolute level about Priest after the 1st two is Edge. And all you had to predict to get that one right was that the entire league would play 8 DB's against the Colts and concede the run. Willis has been inconsistent. Who else? Rudi? Davis? Westbrook? Portis? Green? J. Jones? K. Jones? Who? Lots of owners complain every other week about the names above. With 4TD's the last two weeks your "if you got him in the second round" quote is tired at best...

Guest Mr.T

I realize this isn't a popular thing to say but as a LJ and Priest owner, I wish one of them would get hurt.

:ph34r:

There, I said it.

I got Priest in trade for a song, so I really don't care what you guys think. :D

We have some odd rules in our keeper league. Most years we keep 6 but every 5 years we keep 2. This year was a cutdown year, meaning some teams had more than 2 studs that they wanted to get more than nothing for. So we traded next year's #1 to the Priest owner who believed LJ would take his job this year. Translated into redraft terms, we got him for the equivalent of a 7th round draft pick. :wall:

So yes, I am very happy. :( :lol: :mad:

Holmes is on track for 1,600 total yards and 19 TD without any improvement to his performance. I actually think with Roaf back healthy and some easier defenses coming up those numbers will improve. I'll let everyone else worry about those numbers, i will gladly take them.

I took Preist early, and while I wish I would have taken SA or Edge, he is clearly the 4th or 5th best back this year. He gets a touchdown and 100yrds almost every week! How many other backs can say that?

People who say he should have been a second round pick are smoking crack! There were way worse picks made than Holmes at #2 or #3. How about Manning, Moss, or CPepp in the first or even second round? In some leagues, Manning went 1.1! At least me and my fellow Holmes owners are getting very good productivity out of our 'mistake'.

Also, I have LJ, and lets not forget that this has not played out fully yet. All it will take is one little tweak for either of them and they will be rested as the Chiefs are in the playoff hunt. If that happens people like me will be laughing all the way to the bank.

We all have to remember...

the Chiefs dont care about FF... they want to win and if they can keep their backs healthy while the owners of Priest and LJ suffer, they will do just that to win...

I understand that about football, but what makes me mad is when they say someone is playing, ala Dillon, and then they sit them....

we are still the fans and need to be treated with some sort of respect by the NFL, even though we are FF nerds...