Sign in to follow this  
Portis26

Anyone watching the World Series

Guest veritas

is it on now? when does it start...i thought they canceled hockey

Yeah, I'm from Chicago but a Cubs fan so this is really killing me. I just can't bring myself to root for the White Sox. I would be indifferent to the Sox winning the World Series if it wasn't for the fact that we haven't won it yet. Therefore, as petty as it may sound, I must root against the White Sox until the Cubs win it (which for all intents and purposes means I'll hate the Sox forever) :mad:

My wife is watching her Tivo'd Martha Stewart shows. :headbanger:

I guess I could go to another TV in the house - but that would mean that I would have to care about the game. :mad:

My wife is watching her Tivo'd Martha Stewart shows. :(

I guess I could go to another TV in the house - but that would mean that I would have to care about the game. :rolleyes:

SO what youre really saying is that you are watching Marta Stewart with your wife. You should rub her feet too................

My wife is watching her Tivo'd Martha Stewart shows.  :(

I guess I could go to another TV in the house - but that would mean that I would have to care about the game.  :rolleyes:

SO what youre really saying is that you are watching Marta Stewart with your wife. You should rub her feet too................

For what it's worth - Martha can fold T-shirts like no ones business. :ph34r:

Yeah, I'm from Chicago but a Cubs fan so this is really killing me. I just can't bring myself to root for the White Sox. I would be indifferent to the Sox winning the World Series if it wasn't for the fact that we haven't won it yet. Therefore, as petty as it may sound, I must root against the White Sox until the Cubs win it (which for all intents and purposes means I'll hate the Sox forever) :rolleyes:

As a Yankee fan, I would root for the Mets if they made it to the Series - of course only if they aren't playing the Yankees.

I figure Cubs fan would be happy that Chicago is in the series; but i guess not.

My wife is watching her Tivo'd Martha Stewart shows.   :(

I guess I could go to another TV in the house - but that would mean that I would have to care about the game.   :rolleyes:

For what it's worth - Martha can fold T-shirts like no ones business. :ph34r:

LMAO!! That's funny!

Until they even the playing field I have no interest in this series!!!

Sincerely,

Disgruntled Royals Fan ;)

Yeah, I'm from Chicago but a Cubs fan so this is really killing me.  I just can't bring myself to root for the White Sox.  I would be indifferent to the Sox winning the World Series if it wasn't for the fact that we haven't won it yet.  Therefore, as petty as it may sound, I must root against the White Sox until the Cubs win it (which for all intents and purposes means I'll hate the Sox forever)  ;)

As a Yankee fan, I would root for the Mets if they made it to the Series - of course only if they aren't playing the Yankees.

I figure Cubs fan would be happy that Chicago is in the series; but i guess not.

<-- Cubs fan rooting for the Sox.

I'm rooting for Chris Moneymaker!

:wall:

Here Here! Doyle Brunson is the man, and will win the World Series this year!

Do they still play baseball? I thought the sport was cancelled due to lack of interest.

I'm rooting for Chris Moneymaker!

:(

Here Here! Doyle Brunson is the man, and will win the World Series this year!

Do they still play baseball? I thought the sport was cancelled due to lack of interest.

:wall:

Huh? Yeah right...... :wall:

The ONLY reason football is followed so closely is becasue of fantasy. Dont forget that. The regional coverage that sticks fans with CRAP games almost all of the time if you dont get a stoopid dish and NFL package is a major turnoff. :lol:

Couple that with a league that RUINS great teams by forcing them to adhere to a chintzy-azz salary cap instead of letting the best be the best and retain star players. :mad:

So.... once again, thank fantasy football for the NFL's popularity. :(

Im a fan of the Red Sox, and I like the Astros in the NL mostly for Biggio and Bagwell.

But Im rooting for the White Sox, they havent wone it in 90 years or so. I believe there due.

To the Royal fan.

Blame your owner.

In 2003 the Marlins won it all with a payroll around 50 mil.

The Twins compete every year with a payroll around 50 mil.

Even the Rays won 70 games playing in the East last season.

In 2004 the Brew Crew put together there 1st 500 season in 10 years and next year they should be competting for a playoff spot.

Oakland competes every year with a small payroll.

All around the league theres proof that revenue sharing is helping these smaller markets.

Curiously everywhere but TB and KC.

You guys still dont spend what you bring in and your owner pockets the revenue he gets from the collective bargaining agreement.

and your team sucks as a result.

And you want to blame MLB.

Huh? Yeah right...... :rolleyes:

The ONLY reason football is followed so closely is becasue of fantasy. Dont forget that. The regional coverage that sticks fans with CRAP games almost all of the time if you dont get a stoopid dish and NFL package is a major turnoff. :mad:

Couple that with a league that RUINS great teams by forcing them to adhere to a chintzy-azz salary cap instead of letting the best be the best and retain star players. :mad:

So.... once again, thank fantasy football for the NFL's popularity. :rolleyes:

Wrong, the NFL has it right and MLB is living in the dark ages. What's this bs about the NFL not having dynasties? You dumb fock who has won 3 out of the last 4 SB's just like the dynasties of Pitt, Dallas and SF did years ago so it can be done. And every team in the NFL has an even shot to win. You can't let the inmates run the asylum like in MLB. We all know there are the Steinbrenners and the cheap fock owners who won't spend that will keep an imbalance of payrolls if a cap wasn't imposed. Whenare the Royals, Pirates or Brewers ever going to make that magical 50 million $ payroll run? And when are the Yankees ever going to miss the playoffs? Never. Real exciting. And fantasy doesn't make the NFL superior, it's a more exciting game especially on TV. Fock MLB and the legion of morons like you who are too stupid to realize how flawed it is. Like PT Barnum said :there's a sucker born everyday".

Fock MLB and the legion of morons like you who are too stupid to realize how flawed it is. Like PT Barnum said :there's a sucker born everyday".

La, la, la, la,

You rule dood. :rolleyes: