Sign in to follow this  
munghead

DENNIS GREEN

Sorry, I know McClown will start and this is a tired topic, but I just need to vent.

What the fock does Denny think he's proving? He has, on one hand, a 78 year old grocery bagger (ok, cripes, former Super Bowl MVP - gotta give the guy his props) who was 0-3 and couldn't hit a friggin Hummer with a Scud, versus a young bullet arm who has thrown for nearly 400 yards the past two games.

What a tool. Green's gonna look like a total buttmonkey when Josh actually has a decent season.

Pardon my rant...

:rolleyes: :( ;)

I have Palmer, Holcomb, Warner, and McCown

Wow....

Haha :rolleyes:

I'm with Holcomb and Palmer right now cuz I don't want a split or a big 0, but still a little nod would be nice.

Agree

He's a tool

Maybe he thinks this is going to make him seem smart

"A am so smart. I am so smart. S-M-R-T. I mean S-M-A-R-T." - Homer Simpson

Always disliked Denny, not a good coach.. never has been. But this is killing me. I finally took Mccown out and put in Holcomb, I just cannot take the chance that bonehead will start Warner.

I have an eerie feeling warner may get the nod, thats the only way this mystery makes sense. If it was mccown why wouldnt he just say it on tuesday or whatever? if it is warner and he announces it on tuesday he takes all kinds of heat for benching mccown after what he's done. Speaking of, mccown didnt lose the game against carolina, boldin did.. they were up 20-10 and driving when boldin had a bad fumble and changed the momentum. mccown played well.

arent they maying warner some good money and gave him a signing bonus?? i think they have to pay him, arizona isnt the team thats eats money and benches expensive players...

for all those reasons i remain suspect and hope that holcomb can just get me 200 and 2 tds.

"and couldn't hit a friggin Hummer with a Scud"

Now That :pointstosky: is some funny @$$ $hit... I liked that one :lol: MB

Didn't mean to abuse ole' Kurt, but Josh at least knows how to use his two superstud receivers!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

sorry, should read:

arent they paying warner some good money and gave him a signing bonus?? i think they have to play him, arizona isnt the team thats eats money and benches expensive players.

Always disliked Denny, not a good coach.. never has been. But this is killing me. I finally took Mccown out and put in Holcomb, I just cannot take the chance that bonehead will start Warner.

I have an eerie feeling warner may get the nod, thats the only way this mystery makes sense. If it was mccown why wouldnt he just say it on tuesday or whatever? if it is warner and he announces it on tuesday he takes all kinds of heat for benching mccown after what he's done. Speaking of, mccown didnt lose the game against carolina, boldin did.. they were up 20-10 and driving when boldin had a bad fumble and changed the momentum. mccown played well.

arent they maying warner some good money and gave him a signing bonus?? i think they have to pay him, arizona isnt the team thats eats money and benches expensive players...

for all those reasons i remain suspect and hope that holcomb can just get me 200 and 2 tds.

Right - even McCown's INTs have been on tipped balls - he's actually throwing better than his stats (which is pretty scary). If the Cards had any sort of running game, they might be a decent team.

:pointstosky:

sorry, should read:

arent they paying warner some good money and gave him a signing bonus?? i think they have to play him, arizona isnt the team thats eats money and benches expensive players.

Not really, he only signed a 1 year contract, with a base salary of 2 million (don't know what signing bonus he got).

Warner was doing well with the super-stud receivers as well and had a better passer rating through 3 games than McCown has had since.

I'm not saying Warner should start....I'm saying all the talk about McCown badly outplaying Warner really isn't based in fact. Yes, McCown got a win, but it was against the 49ers. Was Warner really all that bad the first three games? No, he wasn't........

sorry, should read:

Good point - but I guess we could look at the situation in Chicago with Benson sitting on the bench and TJ running angry - same type of thing - paying a lot of $$ for a water boy. That would be the one thing in Green's defense - if he keeps playing the hot QB.

Warner was doing well with the super-stud receivers as well and had a better passer rating through 3 games than McCown has had since.

I'm not saying Warner should start....I'm saying all the talk about McCown badly outplaying Warner really isn't based in fact. Yes, McCown got a win, but it was against the 49ers. Was Warner really all that bad the first three games? No, he wasn't........

I know he protected the ball well, but didnt Warner only have 1 td pass in those three games combined? and didnt they go 0-3 with warner? not at all meant as snide comments, i am seriously asking those questions..

sorry, should read:

Good point - but I guess we could look at the situation in Chicago with Benson sitting on the bench and TJ running angry - same type of thing - paying a lot of $$ for a water boy. That would be the one thing in Green's defense - if he keeps playing the hot QB.

decent point... i dont think he needs any defense if he plays mccown. i think the team responds to mccown and i know those wideouts prefer mccown! just think he may get some pressure from above to play warner due to salary, but as was mentioned warner isnt making too much so maybe there isnt that pressure. whoever he picks will be the guy he truly wants in there though, as i see a good game for either against tenn. and that terrible secondary. then it would be very hard to swith them..

OK, maybe I'm beating up Kurt - but if you look at the games - he threw for 100 yards very late in game 1, 150 yards in the 4th quarter in game 2 (and still couldn't throw a TD pass on St. Louis!), and couldn't throw a TD against SEATTLE! So, I think his passer rating is a bit overvalued, and, again, Josh's rating is down because of some INTs which were not his fault.

That being said, I still have Kurt on my team - I just think you gotta go with the hot hand - and the Cards seem to play more cohesively with McCown as the QB.

sorry, should read:

decent point... i dont think he needs any defense if he plays mccown. i think the team responds to mccown and i know those wideouts prefer mccown! just think he may get some pressure from above to play warner due to salary, but as was mentioned warner isnt making too much so maybe there isnt that pressure. whoever he picks will be the guy he truly wants in there though, as i see a good game for either against tenn. and that terrible secondary. then it would be very hard to swith them..

right you are

both could shine against Tennessee