Sign in to follow this  
noneofyourbusiness

Who is still on board the J. McCown bandwagon?

McCown is a nice bye week/injury fill in or a serviceable #2 QB, if you already have a clear cut #1 in leagues that start two QBs. That is it!

People need to stop thinking he is going to put up 3-4 TDs every week, it's just not going to happen!

Guest brownhelmets
McCown is a nice bye week/injury fill in or a serviceable #2 QB, if you already have a clear cut #1 in leagues that start two QBs. That is it!

People need to stop thinking he is going to put up 3-4 TDs every week, it's just not going to happen!

Because one sub par game makes hime trash. In deep leagues he is a viable starter. They have no running game, great WRs and their defense will allow their opponents to stay in games keeping the passing game alive.

Because one sub par game makes hime trash. In deep leagues he is a viable starter. They have no running game, great WRs and their defense will allow their opponents to stay in games keeping the passing game alive.

His poor game yesterday was against a joke of a pass defense.

McCown is a risky player to be counting on....I still don't think it's apparent whether he's any good or not. Arizona won yesterday by actually playing defense.

McCown is a risky player to be counting on....I still don't think it's apparent whether he's any good or not. Arizona won yesterday by actually playing defense.

I think people seem to forget this guy has not had the chance to be the real #1 starter. He wasn't doing horribly bad last year when they yanked him. Given time, in that offensive scheme, he is going to be a viable #1 QB in the short term.

I think people seem to forget this guy has not had the chance to be the real #1 starter. He wasn't doing horribly bad last year when they yanked him. Given time, in that offensive scheme, he is going to be a viable #1 QB in the short term.

Based on what? A great game vs the 49ers??

You're right about him being yanked too early last year, though. He was. I'm just not willing to say he's a #1 or better than Warner at this point based upon what I have seen.

McNown is not a fantasy stat machine, but his win/loss record the last 2 years has far exceeded the other QB's that Green/Arizona has platooned in there. I say they should keep him in until he shows a clear pattern of being a loser. I was high on Warner coming into this season, but he wasn't winning any games for them. He's worthy to keep as a #3 QB if you have space on your roster and with the weapons AZ has now at WR, he should be able to put up average QB numbers at a minimum.

Attention McClown jock-riders: Having a great statistical game against the Niners in 2005 is not saying much.

And FYI, you're talking about the same player who was beat out in training camp by Kurt "deer in the headlights" Warner.

:o

I stillc an't believe the number of sports "experts" who predicted AZ as the winner of the NFC West. What a joke. <_<

I have Larry Fitzgerald and I see knowthing wrong with his production. I could care less who is throwing him the ball, just as long as they keep throwing him the damm ball!

Attention McClown jock-riders: Having a great statistical game against the Niners in 2005 is not saying much.

And FYI, you're talking about the same player who was beat out in training camp by Kurt "deer in the headlights" Warner.

:(

I stillc an't believe the number of sports "experts" who predicted AZ as the winner of the NFC West. What a joke. <_<

No one said you should start him over Peyton Scooter.

But in a 12 team 2 Qb league like mine he is incredibly valuable; He's averaging 20 points a game!

Against poor defenses, you say? Who cares, He faces plenty more poor defenses.

I'm glad (and lucky) I beat people to the waiver wire after Kurt's injury! :banana:

No one said you should start him over Peyton Scooter.

But in a 12 team 2 Qb league like mine he is incredibly valuable; He's averaging 20 points a game!

Against poor defenses, you say?  Who cares, He faces plenty more poor defenses.

I'm glad (and lucky) I beat people to the waiver wire after Kurt's injury!  <_<

It's a tip that if you have to use "he's averaging more than XYZ" type arguments for a guy who's started only 3 games, then you've already lost the debate. :(

If he's your savior in a 2 QB league, then write off your season now - he will have a hell of a lot more games that look like yesterday than ones that resemble Mexico city.

You mean the QB isn't solely responsible for W's and L's?

You better not let the Vick lubbers know this. :cheers:

Peter King says in today's MMQB that Culpepper will be there next year.

I started McCown over Aaron Brooks. The problem I think is people really underestimated the Titans defense.

Guest Loose Circuits
I started McCown over Aaron Brooks. The problem I think is people really underestimated the Titans defense.

That's exactly the problem. Actually the Titans have a hell of a pass rush, which is why McCown was never able to get into rhytmn.

If everyone is projecting Boldin and Fitz to be top 5-15 WR's, then McCown would have to have a hell of a year. With those WR's he's willing taking a chance on....

I am still on the band wagon...

Bingo!

:rolleyes:

Fisher is a master of turning crap to gold and getting the most out of his players.

Unfortunately with Bulger hurt I don't have much of an option this week, but I hate starting him against the Dallas defense. I think they're gonna tear him apart worse than Tennessee did.

He's in a great spot though -

Crappy team, no running game, great receivers. I'll take a mid '90's Drew Bledsoe throwing the ball 70 times a game anyday. I don't care who catches it. He'll wind up with 400 yds, 3 TDs, and 4 INTs - fine.

In my league that scores better than a QB who throws for 250/2 TDs.

If everyone is projecting Boldin and Fitz to be top 5-15 WR's, then McCown would have to have a hell of a year.  With those WR's he's willing taking a chance on....

I am still on the band wagon...

10-4.

Someone has to throw Fitz and Boldin the ball. If you're high on them, you're high on whoever the QB is in Arizona.

Unfortunately with Bulger hurt I don't have much of an option this week, but I hate starting him against the Dallas defense. I think they're gonna tear him apart worse than Tennessee did.

I traded him for Brooks and that didn't work out any better. :thumbsup:

Alright none, I'll admit you have prediction skills. If the Pack pull it out this week, I'll give you respect as the #1 prediction guy on fftoday!

Alright none, I'll admit you have prediction skills. If the Pack pull it out this week, I'll give you respect as the #1 prediction guy on fftoday!

:shocking: Thanks Alex, now if you just hook me up with Malory, it will be all good!

I admit that I was on the wagon. I thought this was for sure the time when he would step up and succeed. With those receivers all healthy? I was wrong. :angry:

Well, well now that Warner is healthy and McClown is back on the bench looks like I was right after all!  :angry:

You haters need to get on the train if you don't want to keep getting run over!

You were right?

McCown is a nice bye week/injury fill in or a serviceable #2 QB, if you already have a clear cut #1 in leagues that start two QBs

Not really...he is on the bench, no longer a good fill in or serviceable #2.

You were partially right...as you were with a few other predictions that you claim you were so right about (Holt, Bruce, Bulger thread comes to mind).

I admit that I was on the wagon. I thought this was for sure the time when he would step up and succeed. With those receivers all healthy? I was wrong. :angry:

Hell, everyone makes mistakes in this game, it's being ma enough to admit that you were wrong that counts! Notice how many guys who said how great he was on this thread are hiding now!

I admit that I was on the wagon. I thought this was for sure the time when he would step up and succeed. With those receivers all healthy? I was wrong.  :angry:

Hell, everyone makes mistakes in this game, it's being ma enough to admit that you were wrong that counts! Notice how many guys who said how great he was on this thread are hiding now!

Who in this thread said he was "great"?

Just that he was viable short term and he had been doing decent for his actual team.

I think you are just too anxious to pat yourself on the back that you forget the actual facts of what is going on.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...opic=175397&hl=

You're not as SMRT has you think, Kn0B

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...opic=175397&hl=

You're not as SMRT has you think, Kn0B

What does that link have to do with ME? :headbanger: Nice try though! :D

:cry: = Me patting myself on the back! :cry: