Sign in to follow this  
PushDaPile

Will the Caddy ever be 100% this season?

Time to trade him while you can. Arch/foot injuries take a long time to heal and often lead to other injuries (hamstring) due to compensating your running style.

Actually I'm glad he gave out early. Rookie RBs usually give out in week 10...this might have helped me for the playoffs when he's back together. Bye week was great timing too.

Tampa's QB situation means they'll have to run Caddy and Pittman hard to keep it going. So even if it's RBBC, Caddy will stilll get the TDs and the bulk of the load.

Time to trade him while you can. Arch/foot injuries take a long time to heal and often lead to other injuries (hamstring) due to compensating your running style.

You must have just farted. There will be no RBBC in Tampa. If Caddy can go, he'll get the touches.

You simply can't lump all arch/foot injuries together either. The fact as we know it are that his MRI was negative showing no tears, he hasn't been in the boot much, and he's been practicing. All of which should lead you to the conclusion that it isn't all that serious and the time off should help. As far as will he be 100%, we're 7 weeks into the season, name me a back that is 100%.

No link, but from my sporting news:

RB Cadillac Williams is doing his best to fight through a left foot sprain, but he and the team are convinced the problem will linger through the season

My italics....

Time to trade him while you can.  Arch/foot injuries take a long time to heal and often lead to other injuries (hamstring) due to compensating your running style.

You must have just farted. There will be no RBBC in Tampa. If Caddy can go, he'll get the touches.

You simply can't lump all arch/foot injuries together either. The fact as we know it are that his MRI was negative showing no tears, he hasn't been in the boot much, and he's been practicing. All of which should lead you to the conclusion that it isn't all that serious and the time off should help. As far as will he be 100%, we're 7 weeks into the season, name me a back that is 100%.

ok, you must be a Caddy owner--because that was completely DELUSIONAL

I am a Caddy owner and I will admit to being concerned for his health the rest of the way.

I am hoping to hear some good news from Tampa this week in regards to his arch injury but as the man said, foot injuries do tend to linger and there isn't a more important part of a RB's body...

Hopefully all the rest helped out but if I can get a decent deal involving him, I am getting rid of him.

An injury like this will cause more headaches for a FF team than a RBBC...

Time to trade him while you can.  Arch/foot injuries take a long time to heal and often lead to other injuries (hamstring) due to compensating your running style.

ok, you must be a Caddy owner--because that was completely DELUSIONAL

Hey you're the one that pulled a prediction straight out of your a$$ with absolutely nothing to back it up. I just called you on it.

he may not be 100%, but at 75% he Caddy should put up about 100 yd's and 2 TD's on the 49er's this weekend. :pointstosky:

please i need him this week.

To think that Caddy is going to come back as the feature back and not split time with Pittman is delusional. Pittman has been very impressive in Williams absents and is a better reciever out of the back field. It is obvious that the caddy was not in condition and his body might not ever be one that can carry a full load in the NFL. Maybe, just maybe Aurburn was on to something when they converted him from a feature back to a RBBC. My guess is when/if Caddy is 100% healthy he gets about 60 to 65 percent of the work. As long as Gruden has another solid back that can be productive he is not going to risk giving the Caddy the ball 30 times a game. He is smart enough to know that 15-20 carries a game is better then zero carries game.

Oh, by the way, have you noticed the trend in the NFL this year, if you have two backs that can be productive use them.

"It is obvious that the caddy was not in condition and his body might not ever be one that can carry a full load in the NFL."

Didn't he set the record for the most yds to start a career over a 4 game span? Wasn't he signed before training camp started?

To think that Caddy is going to come back as the feature back and not split time with Pittman is delusional. Pittman has been very impressive in Williams absents and is a better reciever out of the back field. It is obvious that the caddy was not in condition and his body might not ever be one that can carry a full load in the NFL. Maybe, just maybe Aurburn was on to something when they converted him from a feature back to a RBBC. My guess is when/if Caddy is 100% healthy he gets about 60 to 65 percent of the work. As long as Gruden has another solid back that can be productive he is not going to risk giving the Caddy the ball 30 times a game. He is smart enough to know that 15-20 carries a game is better then zero carries game.

Oh, by the way, have you noticed the trend in the NFL this year, if you have two backs that can be productive use them.

Question--how do you plan to get your fellow league team owner to see this so you can then loball him with a trade offer for Caddy?

Time to trade him while you can.

I think after week 3 was the time to trade him. Anyone that followed Cadilac in college knows 2 things:

1. He is one of the most talented RBs of the last 10 years.

2. He is always injured.

Let's not be too high or low on the guy here...

Here are the facts:

1. He was pretty damn good early on (although week 1 stats are skewed due to long run late when the Vikes stacked the line to prevent a first down) and the team was flying high with him.

2. He sustained a foot injury which could bother him all year and might slow him down.

3. His injury was a freak one - I don't think it had anything to do with his # of carries. As far as we know, he can take a pounding.

4. Pittman has looked good in the Caddy's absence.

I think we have to take a wait and see attitude. I hope he practices all week and is deemed good to go and performs well but everyone should be prepared for him to not be the same guy he was early on.

If a huge 49er fan, and as much as it pains me to say this, I don't think they will need Caddy this week to jump all over my 9ers. Pittman should fill in nicely and play well should they want to play Caddy with kid gloves.

This is starting to sound a lot like what happened with Cadilac at Auburn.

"Wow that Cadilac is amazing"

"He's so small and runs so hard, can he take the pounding?"

"Oh no, Cadilac has an injury"

"That back-up RB looked pretty good, whats his name- Ronnie Brown?"

Let's not be too high or low on the guy here...

Here are the facts:

1. He was pretty damn good early on (although week 1 stats are skewed due to long run late when the Vikes stacked the line to prevent a first down) and the team was flying high with him.

2. He sustained a foot injury which could bother him all year and might slow him down.

3. His injury was a freak one - I don't think it had anything to do with his # of carries. As far as we know, he can take a pounding.

4. Pittman has looked good in the Caddy's absence.

I think we have to take a wait and see attitude. I hope he practices all week and is deemed good to go and performs well but everyone should be prepared for him to not be the same guy he was early on.

As stated in two other post. Caddy was amazing when he was on the field in college and now the same can be said for the NFL, but, the key here is when he is on the field. When he arrived at Auburn he looked to be the next great college back, until nagging injury after nagging injury limited his playing time and that allow Ronnie Brown to come on the scene. The is a pattern here. History repeats itself.

P.S. If I could get caddy, I probably would, considering the made the mistake of drafting J. Lewis