Sign in to follow this  
WON

Traded Priest

I traded Priest and Michael Clayton for Lamont Jordan and Plaxico Burress just before the Cheifs bye week....at the time there was a rumor that the Cheifs were going to rethink their rbbc situation and give Priest most if not all of the carries....but it has not worked out that way.....although his numbers are good they could be astronomical if he did not have to share....the trade worked for me because I got a rb who is performing at the same level and a much better receiver....I would suggest trading Priest now that his value is high (after the Miami game) and getting a true number 1 who does not have to share!!!

Any thoughts.....

i'm thinking about trading edge for jordan.

I gotta get a win this week and I'm afraid of what

edge may be like in the playoffs.

I like the trade you made. Seems to be working well. congrats.

Good for you. While the trade is super, I doubt you'd be able to do that now. Also, how many weeks in a row does Holmes need to put up numbers before we get over this sharing BS?

I wouldn't have done that deal if someone offered it to me. :thumbsup:

Padre is money in the bank. Weekly stud against any team. If he doesn't get yds, he gets TDs in bunches.

When that offense gets clicking, Padre will still blow up, LJ or no LJ. The whole thing hinges on Trent Green playing well. That Chiefs team is a scoring machine - remember that Trent Green was a slow starter last year but still managed to throw for 4500 yds and a bucketload of TDs. Similarly, Kennison picked it up in the 2nd half too.

Jordan owned the 31st run defense in the league on Sunday, but he's had a lot more ok or mediocre games than good this year.

Sorry - you'd be better off with Priest. And now you have to root for the Raiders...yuck.

Let's look at the numbers...

I play in a ppr league in which you get points for carris..... Jordan has scored in 5 straight weeks and is currently the 3rd leading scorer amongst rb's

Burress has scored in 4 of 6 games and has 5 or or more catches in each game and is the 7th leading scorer at his position...

Currently, Priest is in the top 10 in scoring in our league but is behind Jordan and there is no comparison between Burress and Clayton....

Jordan is is a workhorse back who is playing with a chip on his shoulder.....and gets all of his temas touches......Priest is productive but is trying to fend off a younger reseve who is arguably more productive....

I don't see how this was a bad deal at all Scooter....

Please explain....

how explosive can you be when you either have an exploded ACL or getting only 15 carries a game

I play in a ppr league in which you get points for carris..... Jordan has scored in 5 straight weeks and is currently the 3rd leading scorer amongst rb's

Burress has scored in 4 of 6 games and has 5 or or more catches in each game and is the 7th leading scorer at his position...

Currently, Priest is in the top 10 in scoring in our league but is behind Jordan and there is no comparison between Burress and Clayton....

Jordan is is a workhorse back who is playing with a chip on his shoulder.....and gets all of his temas touches......Priest is productive but is trying to fend off a younger reseve who is arguably more productive....

Please explain....

I didn't say it was a bad deal - I said I thought it was a bad deal because I wouldn't make it.

I think the guy who made the deal with you sold high on LaMont Jordan, and likely had WR depth to aford it, right?

Good deal for you, better for your trade partner.

Opinions vary - others will disagree. but I think you gave more than you got. I guess it has to do with what you think of Priest's chances for a good 2nd half. I think he's going to be a monster.

And I think Jordan's in for a tough 2nd half - he's never been a feature back for a full season...I'm a little weary of guys like that. They can wear down right when you need them most.

Not saying it'll happen for sure, but I also hae th Raiders - so decent deal for you, but certainly not a steal. I think it's kind of a wash - what you lose in Priest's consistency and multi-TD potential every week, you gain at 2 positions. Burress is already hurt a bit and as I mentioned, I'm not sure about Jordan's durability/stamina.

Each to their own, but I don't like it.

You will see how it is a bad deal when Priest is expolding during the FF playoffs.

What will explode first his hip or knee? He was smart to make a deal for the younger back who has all the totes of the rock to himself. Like he mentioned Jordan is out-performing Priest on a team who hasn't hit it's offensive stride yet either.. Priest will put up decent #'s but will never put up the #'s he did of yester year barring an LJ injury. Some of you people need to move onto 2005 and get out of 2003.

Please explain....

points for carries? What kind of gay ###### is that? What the RB's in your league didn't score enough points you have to give them free points?

hahah stupid ######....

:P

You will see how it is a bad deal when Priest is expolding during the FF playoffs.

What will explode first his hip or knee? He was smart to make a deal for the younger back who has all the totes of the rock to himself. Like he mentioned Jordan is out-performing Priest on a team who hasn't hit it's offensive stride yet either.. Priest will put up decent #'s but will never put up the #'s he did of yester year barring an LJ injury. Some of you people need to move onto 2005 and get out of 2003.

Predicting injury is an inexact science, nostradomus.

Just ask Walker, AGreen, McAllister or any of the other season ending injured who aren't yet 29 y/o.

:P

Just ask Walker, Dillon, McAllister or any of the other season ending injured who aren't yet 29 y/o.

:headbanger:

Dillon is out for the season :huh: (also he's over 30)

Talk about consistency....

Wildman would agree that Jordan and Burress have to have two of the highest "crank" scores this season.....

They have been nothing but consistent...even when their teams have not done well....

while Priest is consistent and has td potential he still must split that kc running game productivity and Clayton sucks

Just ask Walker, Dillon, McAllister or any of the other season ending injured who aren't yet 29 y/o.

:headbanger:

Dillon is out for the season :huh: (also he's over 30)

Was typing one thing whil thinking another. Don't know how Agreen came out Dillon, but it's been edited. Man you're fast.

:ph34r:

Dillon's knee could be missing for all we know and the Pats would suit him up and stand him on the sidelines. :huh:

Talk about consistency....

Wildman would agree that Jordan and Burress have to have two of the highest "crank" scores this season.....

They have been nothing but consistent...even when their teams have not done well....

while Priest is consistent and has td potential he still must split that kc running game productivity and Clayton sucks

Like I said - each to his own. Not everyone will agree with you. I happen to be one of them. Nice trade - just not one I'd make. :headbanger:

I didn't say it was a bad deal - I said I thought it was a bad deal because I wouldn't make it.

?! :headbanger:

?! :headbanger:

That's a typical Scooter spin on words, more to follow. Some things never change :huh:

?! :blink:

That's a typical Scooter spin on words, more to follow. Some things never change :lol:

No, it's you being argumentative and now to add to it, you're starting to be rude when you asked for ppl's opinions. Guess that's "typical ROCKET" :banana:

Take it at face value - I woul not make the deal. I think it was a bad one.

It doesn't mean it's a bad deal, it means it's a deal that I wouldn't make. I'm focking thrilled for you - what the fock do you want me to say? You asked for oppinions, and I gave one.

You didn't say,"favorable opinions only". :banana:

?! :blink:

That's a typical Scooter spin on words, more to follow. Some things never change :lol:

No, it's you being argumentative and now to add to it, you're starting to be rude when you asked for ppl's opinions. Guess that's "typical ROCKET" :banana:

Take it at face value - I woul not make the deal. I think it was a bad one.

It doesn't mean it's a bad deal, it means it's a deal that I wouldn't make. I'm focking thrilled for you - what the fock do you want me to say? You asked for oppinions, and I gave one.

You didn't say,"favorable opinions only". :banana:

:lol: :cry:

I don't know man, It's hard for me to see a situation where you should trade Priest. There's just something about the guy, you never know when he's just gonna go nuts and get 10 TD's over 3 games.

I was in a situation like this last year. Around mid-season I dealt TO off with some other players to get Priest, who had been playing less than amazing but OK. He then proceded to go absolutely ape-s until his injury. If he hadn't been injured I would have ran away with my league's title, no doubt, and the guy that traded Priest away would have been smashing his head against a wall.

LaMont has never had a full season as a starter, and you know he won't be putting up 3 TDs a game. WRs always become less important later in the season when it gets colder, especially in the NFC East. Of course Priest may get injured, but this is the case for every player in the league save Favre.

And that's my 2 cents.

I don't know man, It's hard for me to see a situation where you should trade Priest. There's just something about the guy, you never know when he's just gonna go nuts and get 10 TD's over 3 games.

I was in a situation like this last year. Around mid-season I dealt TO off with some other players to get Priest, who had been playing less than amazing but OK. He then proceded to go absolutely ape-s until his injury. If he hadn't been injured I would have ran away with my league's title, no doubt, and the guy that traded Priest away would have been smashing his head against a wall.

LaMont has never had a full season as a starter, and you know he won't be putting up 3 TDs a game. WRs always become less important later in the season when it gets colder, especially in the NFC East. Of course Priest may get injured, but this is the case for every player in the league save Favre.

And that's my 2 cents.

I'm with you. Priest can go off at any moment. I have Priest and like him sharing carries with LJ. Priest will be fresh for the FF playoffs.

Rocket is ripping on Priest Holmes?

What's next, Michael Vick being accused of using aliases to give women STD's?

No...Mike Vick being accused of being an NFL QB...

I think the trade is a good one. Jordan has put up very good numbers this year--in my league, he has 99 points and is ahead of RB's such as S. Jackson (95), T. Jones (89), P. Holmes (87), W. McGahee (80), and T. Barber (75). On a per game basis, he's very close to E. James--16.8 to 16.5. (Yes, I realize Jordan had a great game last week against a mediocre defense, but even if you "throw out the high and throw out the low" for both Jordan and James, he's still close to James in production, and he's ahead of Holmes by any barometer).

Also, I think Burress will continue to put up much better numbers than Clayton (much to my chagrin since I drafted Clayton). Manning tends to look for Burress a lot (I'm a Giants fan and see all their games) and I expect his good numbers to continue. So far, Burress is averaging 11.5 per game, while Clayton is at 2.8, and Manning continues to improve at QB while I see real problems for Tampa Bay at QB. That's almost a 9 point improvement at just one position (assuming you've been starting Clayton), which is a vast improvement at WR, and more than justifies the drop in production (if any) over the course of the year from Holmes to Jordan.

Good deal! :thumbsup:

Total points in my league:

Jordan = 133.45

Holmes = 110.40

Burress = 93.75

Clayton = 30.35

You traded for a total of +86.45 pts. Son, you did good. People are looking at the trade as Jordan for Holmes. Which they shouldn't. Jordan+Burress will outscore Holmes+Clayton this year.

Good job!!

Jordan = 133.45

Holmes = 110.40

Burress = 93.75

Clayton = 30.35

You traded for a total of +86.45 pts. Son, you did good. People are looking at the trade as Jordan for Holmes. Which they shouldn't. Jordan+Burress will outscore Holmes+Clayton this year.

Good job!!

This is a flawed method of analysis since the points already scored do nothing to help the owner who traded for the player. Only way you can fairly analyze a trade is in retrospect at the end of the season. Sure, based upon current rate of production, you made out like a bandit in the trade. If you are happy with the trade and feel you upgraded the team then who cares what anyone else has to say.

Jordan = 133.45

Holmes = 110.40

Burress = 93.75

Clayton = 30.35

You traded for a total of +86.45 pts.  Son, you did good.  People are looking at the trade as Jordan for Holmes.  Which they shouldn't.  Jordan+Burress will outscore Holmes+Clayton this year.

Good job!!

This is a flawed method of analysis since the points already scored do nothing to help the owner who traded for the player. Only way you can fairly analyze a trade is in retrospect at the end of the season. Sure, based upon current rate of production, you made out like a bandit in the trade. If you are happy with the trade and feel you upgraded the team then who cares what anyone else has to say.

next time preface with "actually norm,"

Jordan = 133.45

Holmes = 110.40

Burress = 93.75

Clayton = 30.35

You traded for a total of +86.45 pts.  Son, you did good.  People are looking at the trade as Jordan for Holmes.  Which they shouldn't.  Jordan+Burress will outscore Holmes+Clayton this year.

Good job!!

Do you think LaMont + Burress won't score more points then Priest + Clayton?

Everyone is so focused on Priest and Jordan when it's Burress vs. Clayton that is the key. The difference between the two makes up for the difference between Jordan and Priest.

It takes guts to trade Priest, and I don't blame you for wanting feedback on it. It would be helpful to see the rosters of both teams before the trade to fully evaluate the trade. I think the key to the deal for you is, what were your WR options before the deal? If you wound up benching someone like a reggie wayne or donald driver for burress, then I probably would not have done the deal. Again, all depends on what your and the other team's needs were. At face value, it looks pretty fair.

Lamont Jordan vs. Priest?

- OK, it's a tossup.

Though Jordan is the younger RB, no RBBC, and in most leagues Jordan has outscored Priest. Still, I'll agree that it's a tossup because Priest is a proven performer and even within a RBBC he'll continue to put up respectable numbers.

Plaxico vs. Clayton.

- Plax is the #1WR on the #1 scoring offense in the NFL. Clayton is in the running for "bust of the year". This makes it a great trade for WON.

Jordan = 133.45

Holmes = 110.40

Burress = 93.75

Clayton = 30.35

Good job!!

Do you think LaMont + Burress won't score more points then Priest + Clayton?

Everyone is so focused on Priest and Jordan when it's Burress vs. Clayton that is the key. The difference between the two makes up for the difference between Jordan and Priest.

I think what cgod is saying is that it's irrelevant what anyone thinks of their prospects for the rest of the year because everyone could be wrong.

What matters is looking at it in retrospect at the end of the season. And the fact that Burress isn't 100% right now seems relevant as well.

I agree with the above poster that it is important to note the before/after rosters to evaluate this fairly. As I mentioned previously, if the guy getting Holmes is stacked at WR and could thus afford to deal Burress, then he just got another 1st rounder at a pretty good value.

Everyone get off Lamont's jock. He's solid, but this is typical kneejerk after one great game. Let's check back in a few weeks.

Lamont has been one of the most consistent Fantasy RBs this year. Of the 6 weeks Lamont and Priest have played, Lamont has outscored him in 3 and Lamont is ahead in total fantasy points.

don't get me wrong, Priest is a fine RB. But nobody backing up Lamont Jordan is pointing only to this past week.