Sign in to follow this  
Dexter Manley

Strongest Arms in the NFL

It's funny how you left that line of my post out of your sig...because then your sig wouldn't be so funny would it?

Take it easy, cowboy... It's not a jab at you. I thought the response was funny, and it wouldn't make any sense without the context.

Elway is the only one I know that has a name for how hard he throws: The Elway cross. The seams on the point of the ball would make a cross on their chest when they tried to catch it.

Elway and Favre are the only two QBs whose WRs I've heard complain about hard passes.

Didn't Roethlisberger and Leftwich come in 1-2 in the distance contest in the NFL QB challenge this year?

Didn't Roethlisberger and Leftwich come in 1-2 in the distance contest in the NFL QB challenge this year?

For throwing distance, Palmer and Leftwitch tied, and Lefty won in a bonus round. Just like last year, Palmer won it over Lefty in a bonus round. I cant believe these 2 are barely mentioned in a thread like this.

For throwing distance, Palmer and Leftwitch tied, and Lefty won in a bonus round. Just like last year, Palmer won it over Lefty in a bonus round. I cant believe these 2 are barely mentioned in a thread like this.

Oh yeah my bad. Palmer not Roethlisberger.

Regarding Vick, I don't think he has one of the top-5 strongest arms, he's got a crazy fast release which looks effortless, but I bet he can't match the distance of a bunch of these other guys.

Favre has to have lost a bunch by now. His arm strikes me as Elways. And Elway always had a heck of an arm, but from what I remember he never was one of those guys that could throw 70+ yards, he'd be more around 63 in a distance contest. He and Favre are just guys that throw bullets consistently, that's the way they throw by habit, they do it with accuracy, and they blister the hands of their receivers as a result.

It's funny how you left that line of my post out of your sig...because then your sig wouldn't be so funny would it?

Take it easy, cowboy... It's not a jab at you. I thought the response was funny, and it wouldn't make any sense without the context.

You know what Canoman, you're right.

It was pretty funny. I just acted like a little biotch there for a minute.

Feel free to laugh.

From what I have seen Vick and Favre are at the top. Vick throws everything 95. Palmer has a better arm, or a better head depending on how you think about it but I have to put Vick at the top of "strongest" arms.

1. Vick

2. Farve

3. K. Collins

4. M. Bulger

Bulger :blink: He weighs about 190 soaking wet doesn't he? I think Holt/Bruce catch and run so quickly that it makes it appear as thought the ball went a decent distance.

1 - Vick

2 - Favre (still)

3 - Collins

News flash, bulk has nothing to do with throwing velocity. If it did, Randy Johnson couldn't throw 98 mph. Bulger has a very good arm, which is why he can hit those speedsters in stride on long bombs.

size in general has a lot todowith it...baseball is different but Randy Johnson is 6 foot frickin 10, dude....that is serious leverage and a MUCH smaller ball. Bulger throws a very nice ball, but as far as having a so-calle "gun" - that word is reserved for the likes of Elway, Favre, Vick now.

Where is Brian Griese and Chad Pennington?

1) Greise

2) Pennington

3) Trent Dilfer

4) Joey Harrington

5) Gus Ferrotte

:blink: That was fantastic

David Klingler was suppose to have one of the strongest arms ever, but the NFL obviously didn't need a QB that could through an 80 yard screen pass.