Sign in to follow this  
YoMan

Tyrone Calico's Value

I picked him up as a free agent because Oakland is playing with their 2nd string secondary and he main guy in Tennessee, especially if Brandon Jones does not play. This guy has been a supposed sleeper pick for the last couple of years and has either gotten injured or has not done much.

Does anybody think he is worth playing this week? I have 3 of my starters on bye and I want to know what people think about his chances. Will he still suck and is he a waste or do you think he has potential upside? I have not seen the Titans play this year so I can only go by what has been written about him.

Any help would be appreciated.

No.

Calico was prematurely overhyped and has never lived up to it.

After injuring both knees, he's never recovered the blazing speed that made him the hype machine he once was, and now he sucks. He runs bad routes and has bad hands.

Just a summary of everything I've been reading about him.

I would pass.

No, but I'm certain Tony Hollings will! :rolleyes:

Due to bye week blues I am playing him too. I am hoping for 60+ yards and a TD. I consider myself lucky to have picked hiim up as a FA in that Yahoo league.

Calico was targetted 10 times this past week against Arizona....he caight 6 catches for 51 yards so that is good news. He might do better against the Raiders, the concern though is that Mcnair throws a lot to the TEs so Kinney and Troupe will benefit quite a bit IMO

Did any one actually see the last game? I had Calico a few years ago before he got hurt. In preseason(a few years ago), he look like a man among boys, then the wheels fell off. I picked him up this week, really on just a flyer....I'm just trying to catch lightening in a bottle for my flex spot after losing Walker and Deuce. I doubt I'll play him with only starting 2 WRs and him being behind Driver, Wayne, Donte Stallworth, Az and Stokley, but you never know.

Might actually be forced to start him at my flex position this week with Wayne out and Donte and Az both nursing injuries.......

TIA