Sign in to follow this  
Milwalkeysbeast

Legal but wrong?

In our waiver wire system, we use blind bidding. Me and my buddy work together overnight, where we cannot really access the website in depth. ANyway, while I was trying ot figure out a way to bypass the company's fierawll so I could put a bid on Heath MIller, I wasn't able to figure a way. So I said something like that sucks I hope I can get home in time to put my bid on a certain player in.

So then my friend asks who I'm bidding on and I refuse to tell him. He says he is only bidding on one player and I wouldn't be able to outbid him so he'd be safe to tell sicne he was only bidding on the one player. I'm pretty good friends with him so I when he said "yo dude, would I do something that wrong?" So I told him the player in good faith.

Check my waiver wire run this morning, and he bid on Heath MIller just over the amount I was bidding.

Yes, legal. But a Fu<ked up move by him if you ask me.

Am I just being emotional here...I know all is fair in love and war, and fantasy football...but c'mon

...I know all is fair in love and war, and fantasy football...but c'mon

Owned!!

...seriously, though, ya shoulda kept yer mouth shut. I wouldn't say it was 'wrong', just nasty. Dude was prolly chuckling the whole time. He's thrown down the gauntlet, prolly wants to get the competitive juices flowing. Try and screw him yourself somehow, if you can.

HTH

I know I should have kept my mouth shut...but alot of the guys I work with at work are all in a ton of fantasy leagues...from fantasy football as far as fantasy stock market. These conversations are not uncommon and many times we will sit and ask who is picking up who.

No one, in 2 years, has ever actually went with that information and used it against the person.

I had a situation like this last year. We were having a league with all the employees at work...it was being run by the district manager.

I was in the process of moving and our work computers had firewalls. So, I would do all my transactions at my District Managers house or have him do them. ONe day we were tlaking about the poeople we wanted to pick up. (Actually this was 2 years ago I believe.) He said the people he wanted...then I said I was going to pick up Bulger because Kurt Warner had just gotten hurt. He didn't say a work...if he would have said I am actually giong to get him...I would have had to live with it. I asked him to pick him up for me and he said he would if he was available.

Guess what...the next morning he comes in all happy and smiling. He was like...man I had the best pick up. I picked up Bulger because Warner is hurt...and acted like nothing was ever said. I confronted him that second and he said he didn't remember.

Needless to say...I made sure he didn't win the championship!!

Samething kind of happened to me last week. A buddy of mine had his WW list setup already and he knew I needed a Qb since Hasselbeck was going to be on a bye and Griese went down. So he said if I was going to go after Simms. And I said yeah but he told me Simms wasn't his first choice. Next day when they ran the WW..what do you know he got Simms with his first pick. Moral of story....Never say who you are going after.....Live and learn

Sorry it happened to you B)

1) Why would you tell someone else in your league who you are going for and how much you are bidding? That was stupid on YOUR part.

2) H. Miller is one of the more sought after F/A TEs in the league, maybe he jsust wanted him too

3) You guys need to lighten up! Its FANTASY football for christ sake. My league has thousands of dollars on the line and no one has ever actually gotten into a physical "fight" over it!

"yo dude, would I do something that wrong?"

He lied to your face and screwed you over in a calculated fashion. Pretty shitty thing for a "friend" to do. I assume there is money involved.

Out him. Tell the league what happened, nothing more, nothing less. He asked you to trust him and pushed you for info that you did not want to give up. You trusted him, got immeadiately screwed over, and won't trust him again.

Make sure that you are clear that you expect nothing, but just want to make it known that this guy will cheat if he can.

I think you should go over to his house and punch him in the face in front of his family :shocking:

Yes, an *ss whooping is in order in this situation. :mad:

It makes me think of the scene in a Bruce Lee movie (name escapes me) where the Japanese school has murdered Bruce Lee's school's master. So he goes over to the Japanese school and whoops everyone present. The beaten students go to their master and tells him what happened. He thinks for a few seconds and then says "Well, lets beat him up!" Cracks me up every time. That pause to think is classic. Sorry to go off topic.

In our waiver wire system, we use blind bidding. Me and my buddy work together overnight, where we cannot really access the website in depth. ANyway, while I was trying ot figure out a way to bypass the company's fierawll so I could put a bid on Heath MIller, I wasn't able to figure a way. So I said something like that sucks I hope I can get home in time to put my bid on a certain player in.

So then my friend asks who I'm bidding on and I refuse to tell him. He says he is only bidding on one player and I wouldn't be able to outbid him so he'd be safe to tell sicne he was only bidding on the one player. I'm pretty good friends with him so I when he said "yo dude, would I do something that wrong?" So I told him the player in good faith.

Check my waiver wire run this morning, and he bid on Heath MIller just over the amount I was bidding.

Am I just being emotional here...I know all is fair in love and war, and fantasy football...but c'mon

maybe Miller was the one player he was bidding on.

;) <_< find a new friend because that one sucks

Strong signal here...

Don't pick up poker as a hobby.

i say hit his wife in the shytbox and take pictures of it and show everyone else in the league...then tell him you wouldnt do something that wrong..

:shocking:

Cheap move on his part! Are you playing for money? If so how much? If it's a few $100 I would forget it, if it's a high stakes league, I would look for revenge!

In our waiver wire system, we use blind bidding.  Me and my buddy work together overnight, where we cannot really access the website in depth.  ANyway, while I was trying ot figure out a way to bypass the company's fierawll so I could put a bid on Heath MIller, I wasn't able to figure a way.  So I said something like that sucks I hope I can get home in time to put my bid on a certain player in.

So then my friend asks who I'm bidding on and I refuse to tell him.  He says he is only bidding on one player and I wouldn't be able to outbid him so he'd be safe to tell sicne he was only bidding on the one player.  I'm pretty good friends with him so I when he said "yo dude, would I do something that wrong?"  So I told him the player in good faith.

Yes, legal.  But a Fu<ked up move by him if you ask me.

maybe Miller was the one player he was bidding on.

Nope, he was bidding on Chatman and he told me how much he was bidding. I also had bid on Chatman, but knowing the price he was bidding on him I didn't increase my bid to be fair. I made sure he said that he was only bidding on one player and knew the player and dollar amount before telling him.

Cheap move on his part! Are you playing for money? If so how much? If it's a few $100 I would forget it, if it's a high stakes league, I would look for revenge!

12 team league with a prize of just under 2k