Sign in to follow this  
IGotThatGuy

Roethlisberger Under-Rated

Every week you see the same predictions for him

180 yds, 1 TD

Yet every week he has started he has been a lock for 2 TDs and, minus last week,

over 200 yards passing. Even against Houston and Tennessee who they were supposed to run over as well.

Even against the best passing Defense last week he threw for 2 TDs. Anyway, I have a hard time not seeing Ward in the endzone once of not twice this week and Miller. Probably all in the first half.

He is one of the most reliable fantasy platers out there. My .02.

I've been saying this for months, but people are all "Roethlisberger sucks and is overrated!"

Roethlisberger - an almost guaranteed 200 yards passing, 2 TDs per game with an average of about .1 turnovers per game.

blah, blah, blah..........he is overrated...............put alex smith on that team and he would be a stud...............put roethlisberger on SF, Houston, and he would be a dud

blah, blah, blah..........he is overrated...............put alex smith on that team and he would be a stud...............put roethlisberger on SF, Houston, and he would be a dud

Your out of your focking mind. Ben is a much better player than Alex Smith will EVER be.

I've been saying this for months, but people are all "Roethlisberger sucks and is overrated!"

Roethlisberger - an almost guaranteed 200 yards passing, 2 TDs per game with an average of about .1 turnovers per game.

Is that good? 200 yards and 2 tds? I would say that's pretty average.

300 yards and 2-3 tds is good.

I don't think anyone knows how good/bad he is because he hasn't had to win a game for them. Any decent QB would do well for the Steelers. Tommy Maddox is not decent.

But he is a winner, and that can't be overlooked. I do wonder how he would be on the 49ers though. I have to believe he wouldn't be 15-1 as a starting QB.

Your out of your focking mind. Ben is a much better player than Alex Smith will EVER be.

i just farted and ACL-Tear ate it!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think anyone knows how good/bad he is because he hasn't had to win a game for them. Any decent QB would do well for the Steelers. Tommy Maddox is not decent.

But he is a winner, and that can't be overlooked. I do wonder how he would be on the 49ers though. I have to believe he wouldn't be 15-1 as a starting QB.

300 yards and 2-3 TD's over the course of a season comes out to 4800 yards and 32-48 TD's. That's not merely good, those are superstud numbers.

200 and 2 over the season is 3200 and 32. Those are very good, arguably stud numbers.

And the thing that's scary about it is that the guy is doing it with 100 attempts so far on the season. The rest of the top 10-15 QB's are all over 200 attempts, with McNabb leading the pack with 254 this season!!!

In my league, that would be 20 points. 20 points is a very good outing for a QB, and I would love to have that on a consistent basis.

McNabb, on the other hand, has put up 40-point games, but also <10 points. Bledsoe has done the same thing this year.

32 TDs on the season is average? I guess we're setting standards a bit higher than I thought. :pointstosky:

I think his point was that it's reliable. Ben's not in an offense that throws 30+ times a game, but Ben does make an awful lot of the ones he gets to throw.

And regarding the suggestion that Ben hasn't had to win a game yet, you're absolutely wrong. But don't trust me; do a little research, and you'll find out it's true. Last year, highest 4th quarter QB rating in the league. He's already had several times in his short career where he has led a game-winning or game-tying drive. So I guess I don't know where you're getting your info, except that you're looking at box scores, and since Ben didn't throw 300 yards and 2-3 TDs, you're surmising he had little to do with the game. Nice try, but inaccurate.

Guest Giants Rule 04

Overrated? People have been blowin this guy since he made his first start. :pointstosky:

Overrated?  People have been blowin this guy since he made his first start.  :headbanger:

On an NFL level, but on a fantasy level everyone writes him off.

Running offense this, defense that. But every time Ben steps on the field, he scores. In the league I own him in, he is #9 in points per game while throwing about half as much as the guys above him.

1) Favre - 18.7 PPG, 37.0 attempts per game

2) McNabb - 18.2 PPG, 42.3 attempts per game

3) Brunnell - 17.5 PPG, 33.0 attempts per game

4) Palmer - 17.3 PPG, 33.3 attempts per game

5) Bulger - 16.8 PPG, 37.2 attempts per game

6) Bledsoe - 16.7 PPG, 31.4 attempts per game

7) E Manning - 16.3 PPG, 32.5 attempts per game

8) Brady - 16.2 PPG, 38 attempts per game

9) Roeth - 16.0 PPG, 20 attempts per game

10) Culpepper - 14.7 PPG, 35.3 attempts per game

The guy is averaging over 10 yards per attempt. That's just entirely sick, and is over 2 yards per attempt more than his closest competitor.

I think that Ben is a lot better than people think and not nearly as good as people think. He is great at managing the game and keeping a play alive. He does not make a lot of negative plays which is more important in some cases than throwing 3 TDs.

It has a lot to do with schemes. Put him in Philadelphia and he would be struggling, it would be too much of a workload for him. Put him in a system that has a great defense, great running game and tell him, "throw it if it is there, if not make something happen with your feet" and he makes the right decisions. Consistently makes the right decision. 2 losses to the defending SB champ proves that he is a good QB. But is he better than Alex Smith? Who knows? I think that Smith would do a lot better in Pittsburgh than he would in SF. That is pretty easy to say.

I will say that his winning record is hard to argue, especially when Maddox blew it for them. Not exactly a rookie there, he should be better than that. Ben is their lucky rabbits foot or something.

I keep asking myself if I should be starting him over Peyton Manning. :thumbsup:

I have no choice this week but haven't been able to pull the trigger on that move before now. I may end up trying to play matchups with them from here on out.

I think that Ben is a lot better than people think and not nearly as good as people think. He is great at managing the game and keeping a play alive. He does not make a lot of negative plays which is more important in some cases than throwing 3 TDs.

It has a lot to do with schemes. Put him in Philadelphia and he would be struggling, it would be too much of a workload for him. Put him in a system that has a great defense, great running game and tell him, "throw it if it is there, if not make something happen with your feet" and he makes the right decisions. Consistently makes the right decision. 2 losses to the defending SB champ proves that he is a good QB. But is he better than Alex Smith? Who knows? I think that Smith would do a lot better in Pittsburgh than he would in SF. That is pretty easy to say.

I will say that his winning record is hard to argue, especially when Maddox blew it for them. Not exactly a rookie there, he should be better than that. Ben is their lucky rabbits foot or something.

No, he's just good. Highest rating for a rookie QB in history, and just shy of 100. This year he's over 120, and if he can maintain that pace I believe it would be the highest of any QB ever. There have been plenty of guys in situations with great D's, great running attacks, and dominant teams...I don't recall anyone hitting a 120 rating.

He makes it looks easy I will give him that. Its almost sick the way nothing seems to phase him. He has all the pieces to the puzzle around him which helps especially their O line. You cant say he is overrated because he has not been unsuccesful since he has been in the leage and you cant say he is underrated because he puts up average numbers and it considered a better than average QB by a long shot. There is nothing to be said about him. He is just real good and is on a solid team.

Nobody in either Big Ben thread has mentioned Heath Miller. Sure, Ward is an elite receiver, but Miller will take Roeth to the next level in terms of NFL play and fantasy production.

The short runs of the Bus from a year ago will turn into easy pitches and catches from Ben to Miller. Miller already has as many catches as Tuman and Riemersma had all of last year, plus he's got 4 TDs.

With the salary cap, defenses are the first thing to come and go. Tom Brady is a great example of a guy who just managed a game and was a "steady" qb behind a great defense. Now, with a much weaker defense, Tom Brady's leading the NFL in passing. The time will come where Big Ben has to air it out more. There's no telling how he'll do, but there's no question in my mind that he's got the talent and poise to get it done...and he's only in his SECOND year!

For the record, I am a Brady/Roethlisberger dynasty owner, so take the following fwiw! :thumbsup:

Since when is 32 TD's average? You guys got spoiled last year due to Manning's performance. Something like 28 TD's is a good fantasy year for a QB. If your QB puts up 32 TD's you should be :o

And who gives a ###### if Ben would suck in SF? This is fantasy football, we know he doesnt suck with Pitt. and thats all that matters.

eLOT

I think that Ben is a lot better than people think and not nearly as good as people think.  He is great at managing the game and keeping a play alive.  He does not make a lot of negative plays which is more important in some cases than throwing 3 TDs. 

It has a lot to do with schemes.  Put him in Philadelphia and he would be struggling, it would be too much of a workload for him.  Put him in a system that has a great defense, great running game and tell him, "throw it if it is there, if not make something happen with your feet" and he makes the right decisions.  Consistently makes the right decision.  2 losses to the defending SB champ proves that he is a good QB.  But is he better than Alex Smith?  Who knows?  I think that Smith would do a lot better in Pittsburgh than he would in SF.  That is pretty easy to say.

I will say that his winning record is hard to argue, especially when Maddox blew it for them.  Not exactly a rookie there, he should be better than that.  Ben is their lucky rabbits foot or something.

No, he's just good. Highest rating for a rookie QB in history, and just shy of 100. This year he's over 120, and if he can maintain that pace I believe it would be the highest of any QB ever. There have been plenty of guys in situations with great D's, great running attacks, and dominant teams...I don't recall anyone hitting a 120 rating.

Umm, Manning posted a 121.1 rating last year. :o

The only reason Ben is consistantly under-rated is because he is in Pitt. If they win the SB this year, they will still be under-rated. No respect for Americas team I tell you. :o

I think that Ben is a lot better than people think and not nearly as good as people think.  He is great at managing the game and keeping a play alive.  He does not make a lot of negative plays which is more important in some cases than throwing 3 TDs. 

It has a lot to do with schemes.  Put him in Philadelphia and he would be struggling, it would be too much of a workload for him.  Put him in a system that has a great defense, great running game and tell him, "throw it if it is there, if not make something happen with your feet" and he makes the right decisions.  Consistently makes the right decision.  2 losses to the defending SB champ proves that he is a good QB.  But is he better than Alex Smith?  Who knows?  I think that Smith would do a lot better in Pittsburgh than he would in SF.  That is pretty easy to say.

I will say that his winning record is hard to argue, especially when Maddox blew it for them.  Not exactly a rookie there, he should be better than that.  Ben is their lucky rabbits foot or something.

Umm, Manning posted a 121.1 rating last year. :thumbsup:

Well there we go, the only peer is Manning's legendary record breaking season. That's some pretty good company if he can keep it up.

What he's doing right now is nothing short of awesome.

I'm not going to say he is under-rated or over-rated but I will say that he hasn't exactly improved over what he was doing last year. But that really doesn't matter. All that matters is what he does in the playoffs this year.

Guest MUGS

Roethlisberger- reminds me of Brady/Aikman

Won't get you huge numbers but will be consistent most weeks

Their running game first lowers his #'s as did Aikman's

In 1.5 years, Big Ben's already the 2nd most clutch QB in the league behind only Tom Brady.

Fantasy, schmantasy, that's pretty damn impressive.

Obviously your not from Pittsburgh and not a Steeler fan and never watched a steeler game. Roelisberger is a winner he knows how to win and he is one of the best qb's in the league.

The guy has 1 int he does what hes supposed to and yes he has won us games before. He makes plays when he has to No qb can go 15-1 last year and 4-1 (the jags game doesnt count cause he didnt play) without making plays and helping his team win.

People who think Roelisberger sucks have never watched the guy play.

And he throws the ball at the most 20 times a guy so hes not going to get the 300yrd 3 td days like a bulger or manning