Sign in to follow this  
DBZFan2K

Sportsline commissioner question

My brother runs the league, but I help him out when he's not available to get a computer. There's an owner who refuses to pay his league fee and wants to sabotage the league by getting rid of his starters. I'm wondering is there a setting where you can prevent an owner from making lineup changes? I know Yahoo has that but where is it in Sportsline?

Take complete control of his team. offer to sell it to someone another league owner knows.

This is not a democracy. Always remember that.

I don't blame the guy, some bogus trades have been made lately and he's had enough :lol:

A couple of options:

1. Commish has the power to reverse any transactions. If he pulls some stunt, than just reverse it.

or

2. Go into League Setup and delete his team. I believe Sportsline will give you the option of removing the team, or just the owner. You can replace his email address with another. This will lock him out of the league.

Lock his team, start the highest projected team every week, but when the playoffs come around dont include his team (so if that team somehow got in let the next team in)

or drive to his house and punch him in the face in front of his family

your choice

2. Go into League Setup and delete his team. I believe Sportsline will give you the option of removing the team, or just the owner. You can replace his email address with another. This will lock him out of the league.

I was going to do that but I was afraid that the players on the roster would instantly drop into the free agent pool. So if his team is deleted, it'll keep the roster intact, just without an active manager, right?

2.  Go into League Setup and delete his team.  I believe Sportsline will give you the option of removing the team, or just the owner.  You can replace his email address with another.  This will lock him out of the league.

I was going to do that but I was afraid that the players on the roster would instantly drop into the free agent pool. So if his team is deleted, it'll keep the roster intact, just without an active manager, right?

I think he meant to delete the owner.

2.  Go into League Setup and delete his team.  I believe Sportsline will give you the option of removing the team, or just the owner.  You can replace his email address with another.  This will lock him out of the league.

You should be able to delete the owner only, keeping the team as is

You should be able to delete the owner only, keeping the team as is

Exactly! It's kind of like when an owner gets a new email address and wants you to update it. Sportsline gives you the option to retain the team and swtich owners names and/or email address.

Even if the players do drop or are dropped the commish can change rosters.

I.E. You can re create his team, then just manage it with highest progected totals, do not make any trades etc.

Pretend they are the Montreal Expos.

Be civil, talk to him, and let reason prevail in whatever judgement that has to happen.

Tried that, he's just being a jackass. But I'll give it until tomorrow to sort itself out. Guy might sleep on it and decide to pay up instead of quitting.

Be civil, talk to him, and let reason prevail in whatever judgement that has to happen.

Tried that, he's just being a jackass. But I'll give it until tomorrow to sort itself out. Guy might sleep on it and decide to pay up instead of quitting.

When you talk to him what is/are his issue(s)?

Take complete control of his team. offer to sell it to someone another league owner knows.

This is not a democracy. Always remember that.

frightening perspective...

That's why you collect the money before the season starts. I know a guy you can call who'd go over there and collect for you. Although at some point in time, he may come to you for a favor. :doublethumbsup:

You can not only delete him as the owner but just replace the owner with you as owner and put in your e-mail address.

Then go to his house, steal his beer and fart in his frig. Much better than punching him in front of his family. His wife will do that for you. :huh: