Sign in to follow this  
Wuerffel for MVP

Horny Toads/Uncle Paul Trade

Wow.

Although personally I'd rather have Larry Johnson than the five picks I can undertsand why Uncle Paul would make the deal.

Ugh. This deal makes sense for both teams and that sucks. Paul now has six first round picks in the upcoming draft. That is a good way for him to rebuild. He still has some solid players around which to build. This deal also makes toads untouchable. We are all now playing for second place. :mad:

BTW - This is done.

Yeah although obviously I am very happy to have Johnson (I won the sweepstakes! :mad: ) this trade gives Uncle Paul 6 picks in the first round. He pretty much can cherry pick his favorite players. Rhodes and Gore have a good chance of starting for him next year.

I guess he liked that better than MCGahee or R. Brown and Chambers for LJ . Personally I can't see why he would rather do that deal but Congrats to Wuerfel again for pulling off a coup even at my expense :pointstosky: . Just why would you trade a sure fire top 5 pick next year for 5 draft picks that get you 5 rookies -- Odds are UP already had Reggie Bush in the bag and IMO could have started next season with Bush and LJ even if he stayed put .

anyway I wish UP all da best ! and this makes Wuefel now the #1 team in th elague as before this deal he was a step behind Austin ! Oh well anything can happen in the playoffs as I am just hoping for some sheer dumb luck to find me !

I had originally offered Davis in a similar trade, but UP countered with this one. I couldn't accept fast enough. :pointstosky:

Aagree you got a serious steal ! :( :D

Why UP would want 5 first rounders over a a surefire top 10 RB for next year ( either McGahee or R. Brown likley are ) and a surefire top 10 - 15 WR in Chambers -- I don't know -- I was willing to offer that to help me contend this year but aqctually now that I think about it I am glad he said no ! Especially remembering we start 3 WTR's next year.

W4MVP -- if you don't win it all this year the FF gods plain just hate your ass !

Jerry Porter

Michael Vick

Matt Shaub

overlooked in this deal is that W4MVP also gets a good young WR that still has upside and a potential great future QB....

...Matt Schaub.

:o

So let me get this straight. Uncle Paul trades his #1 RB (top 10 in any draft format next year), his #1 WR and his #1 QB situation for 5 rolls of the dice and a few chumps barely better than waiver wire trash? Now I am not usually one to complain about trades as it is my firm belief that the objective of any owner is to get the better end of the deal. Also, owners have different views of players and different objectives of teams; I understand that. I have to say something on this one though. I am sorry, but this trade stinks pretty damn bad. I don't know what (or if) Paul was thinking when he proposed and accepted this trade. Even if he is in the rebuilding stage, what is he rebuilding his team around? Six rookies? Give me a break. Granted, I don't see picks as valuable as some owners in a dynasty league, but even if I upgrade my thoughts a little bit, I still think this is an awful trade. Take into consideration that other than Paul's sole pick that he would have anyway, he gets 5 picks, which will most likely all be in the mid to late half of the first round. Take a look at any of the past rookie drafts. If anyone can give me even three guys in those drafts that were worth anything in their first year (or most in even their second for that matter), let me know. Finding three guys is tough more less six. That is on top of the fact that he would have to correctly hit those guys as well. In my opinion, at some point we have to step in and protect Paul from himself here.

Sorry Paul, but the truth hurts I guess.  This has got to be the most awful trade I have seen in a while and by far the worst trade I have seen in BDL history, and there have been some doozies.

To make things clear, not that it's any of your business, Uncle Paul made this counter-offer to me and I accepted. Singman has the email to prove that, so don't think I tricked anyone into anything. In fact, I fully disclosed all of the information about Priest/LJ to Paul beforehand, so he wasn't in the dark about anything. He likes the upside of Gore and Rhodes becoming starters next year, and is obviously confident in his drafting ability.

To make things clear, not that it's any of your business, Uncle Paul made this counter-offer to me and I accepted. Singman has the email to prove that, so don't think I tricked anyone into anything. In fact, I fully disclosed all of the information about Priest/LJ to Paul beforehand, so he wasn't in the dark about anything. He likes the upside of Gore and Rhodes becoming starters next year, and is obviously confident in his drafting ability.

Rhodes will not be a starter next year. I think the Colts will resign James, but if they don' they will bring in a proven veteran to at least compete w/Rhodes. This is a Superbowl contending team we are talking about. Rhodes is a nice dependable backup not a sure starter for a contender.

Gore, maybe, but I have heard the Niners are very interested in Bush and they are most likely going to be in position to get him.

With all that said, I am not complaining about the deal in anyway as everyone can run their teams as they see fit. As I said I personally would rather have Larry Johnson (and Jerry Porter for that matter) than five draft picks but I can understand why Uncle Paul would want to see what he can do with the draft options.

Whose to say he doesn't end up moving some of those picks on draft day for valuable players.

I understand that and did when I wrote my little tyraid. That doesn't change any of my feelings on this trade though.

To make things clear, not that it's any of your business, Uncle Paul made this counter-offer to me and I accepted.  Singman has the email to prove that, so don't think I tricked anyone into anything.  In fact, I fully disclosed all of the information about Priest/LJ to Paul beforehand, so he wasn't in the dark about anything.  He likes the upside of Gore and Rhodes becoming starters next year, and is obviously confident in his drafting ability.

I understand that and did when I wrote my little tyraid. That doesn't change any of my feelings on this trade though.

The worst trade in BDL History was !

Rivers and D. Terrell for Palmer and Fitzgerald !

just to make perfectly known

Captain - you still own that honor

That was not the entire deal Moz. Anyway, if not for poor coaching last week on my part, I would be a on top at 9 and 1. Considering that you picked Demolition as the 12th place finisher for the season, your opinions on teams and trades are just that,OPINIONS.