Sign in to follow this  
Kilroy

Just wondering....

Other than Bezzerck, is there anybody else that we aren't really sure if they're in the league or not?

Devil Doc was posting earlier on the main board and I asked him to post here, but he hasnt. This is what he posted:

I'm sorry ..... I haven't received any emails .......... what did I miss???? (I was back in the hospital having one of the bone spurs removed from my spinal cord ... I was partially paralyzed for a couple days..... )

No excuses though .... I know you guys feel like I have been neglecting the league, and I understand if you guys ask to have me removed. Things have just been really hectic lately with getting retired from the Navy, moving from 29 Palms, CA to Eau Claire, WI, breaking my back and RE-breaking it twice ........... I hope you understand.

I totally feel for his problems, but if he posts on the main board and cant make any posts here, Im not sure what we should do.

I saw that post which is why I decided to ask the question. I thought it was odd he'd post on the main board but couldn't take a second to say something here after you asked him to.

I also thought the "and I understand if you guys ask to have me removed" comment sounded more like he wasn't that interested. If he doesn't want to be part of the league thats fine with me, but it would be nice if he let us know right away.

BTW, if we need a replacement there was somebody posting yesterday looking to join a Dynasty League. I think his screen name is "coryjagfan28" and his email is cjf28@msn.com

I was gonna email him to let him know we may need somebody for a new league starting up, but since I'm not a commisioner I thought I should mention it to you guys before doing that.

It's someone to keep in mind though if we need somebody, he seemed like he was really interested in finding a league to join.

Guys, i dont want to kick people out if they honestly want to be in the league and obviously devil doc has been going through a lot of stuff, but there is a point where it would be nice to know for sure whether or not they will be active in this thing.. I'm sure if it comes to it that we could get some good replacements...what are everyones thoughts on this

Guys, i dont want to kick people out if they honestly want to be in the league and obviously devil doc has been going through a lot of stuff, but there is a point where it would be nice to know for sure whether or not they will be active in this thing.. I'm sure if it comes to it that we could get some good replacements...what are everyones thoughts on this

I'm not trying to get people kicked out either, but it would be nice if we could say for certain who's in and who's out. Right now I think there's only two people that haven't been around(Dev Doc and Bezzerck). Bezzerck I'd let slide a little bit because he might be in the process of moving and hasn't been able to get on.

Dev Doc on the opther hand has been posting on the other boards but doesn't seem to check in here for some reason, he just doesn't seem all that interested. IMO, I would send an e-mail to everyone in the league and tell them you need a response from them within a week. Let them know that if you don't get a response you might find somebody to replace them.

Again, the Bezzerck situation is a little different, but I would hope he'd be able to email you or post here within the next week to let us know whats going on.

Has a payment deadline been set? If we make it one week before the draft could give us a short amount of time to find replacement(s)

I fired off an email to both of them..i'l give it a couple more days. The only deadline for payment was 'before the draft' but i suppose an earlier cutoff date would be better.

I agree with Kilroy, but I would only give Dev Doc a few days to reply, if he really wants to be here, he only needs a minute or two to say something to us. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy & I want him in this league, but the league is bigger than any one owner. It may take some time to find a replacement, and then he has to send his payment in, hopefully we are totally oragnized before our draft, we need to get pro-active about managing our members. With Bezzerck, I 'd give him a little more time than Dev Doc, but not much, if he really wanted to be in this league he would find a way to contact us (it only takes a minute or two to email & computers are every where now days). Hope I'm not coming off harsh, but we can't leave many people stuck because of 1 or 2 people.

If we do find a replacement, let's find one who has been around the board for a while. I've never heard of this coryjag dude. Not that he may not be a good guy, but I'd rather find somebody with a track record on the board. Maybe someone in one of our other dynasty leagues or someone that we know. I think RLLD was trying to get into LOST when Ditkanate quit. However, Burt bribed more people and narrowly edged him out. :angry:

I agree with Kilroy, but I would only give Dev Doc a few days to reply, if he really wants to be here, he only needs a minute or two to say something to us. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy & I want him in this league, but the league is bigger than any one owner. It may take some time to find a replacement, and then he has to send his payment in, hopefully we are totally oragnized before our draft, we need to get pro-active about managing our members. With Bezzerck, I 'd give him a little more time than Dev Doc, but not much, if he really wanted to be in this league he would find a way to contact us (it only takes a minute or two to email & computers are every where now days). Hope I'm not coming off harsh, but we can't leave many people stuck because of 1 or 2 people.

This sums up the way I feel about it.

Would also be nice if all owners post a head's up when they are going to be offline for an extended period. I know there are sometimes circumstances out of everyone's control but if you know ahead of time, just give a head's up...it takes less than a minute and prevents guessing games like this.

If we do find a replacement, let's find one who has been around the board for a while. I've never heard of this coryjag dude. Not that he may not be a good guy, but I'd rather find somebody with a track record on the board. Maybe someone in one of our other dynasty leagues or someone that we know. I think RLLD was trying to get into LOST when Ditkanate quit.

I'd be cool with RLLD, I just mentioned the jag guy 'cause I noticed he was looking at I dind't know how easy it would be to find someone on short notice. It doesn't matter to me who we would get as long they took the league seriously.

If we do find a replacement, let's find one who has been around the board for a while. I've never heard of this coryjag dude. Not that he may not be a good guy, but I'd rather find somebody with a track record on the board. Maybe someone in one of our other dynasty leagues or someone that we know. I think RLLD was trying to get into LOST when Ditkanate quit. However, Burt bribed more people and narrowly edged him out. :D

Agreed..also agree with ca_7 about posting 'heads up' notices when you wont be around for an extended period. I just heard back from devil doc and he said to find a replacement if we want. If any of you guys want to invite RLLD in here go for it, if not we can start up a thread on the main board- i'm sure we can find someone easily.

I once again am going to apologize for neglecting this league. I know it looks bad that I have been posting on the main board and not posting in here ....... but there is a reason behind it ....

That league is still in the middle of its draft, and they too have had to send me a few emails about making my picks on time. Soooo ... when it comes time for my pick, I toss up a quick post on the main board for opinions, read them over, make my pick, and then go back to bed. I think that the big difference is that if I don't pay attention to that leage for a couple days, I am going to lose my picks ...... here, if I space out for a couple days ..... I guess I didn't think it would be that big of a deal ... since we were still in the planning phase. (I know that sounds completely rude and immature ... and I'm sorry.)

As I mentioned to a few of you, if you feel as though the league would be better off without me, then by all means replace me. BUT, if you feel like giving me a chance to get these health problems resolved ... and to finish moving into our new location ... (We just moved from 29 Palms, CA to Eau Claire, WI a couple weeks ago) ... I promise that I can become a strong, and integral part of this league. If you choose to replace me, I give my word that there wont be any hard feelings whatsoever. (Someone mentioned that by me saying this I was making it sound like I didn't want to be a part of the League ... it is quite on the contrary though. I am saying this because I don't want to be a burden on people that I consider my friends.)

However, until the issue is resolved either way, I will make a point of checking into the board at least twice a day. This should keep me up to date on the important news ........

I once again am going to apologize for neglecting this league. I know it looks bad that I have been posting on the main board and not posting in here ....... but there is a reason behind it ....

That league is still in the middle of its draft, and they too have had to send me a few emails about making my picks on time. Soooo ... when it comes time for my pick, I toss up a quick post on the main board for opinions, read them over, make my pick, and then go back to bed. I think that the big difference is that if I don't pay attention to that leage for a couple days, I am going to lose my picks ...... here, if I space out for a couple days ..... I guess I didn't think it would be that big of a deal ... since we were still in the planning phase. (I know that sounds completely rude and immature ... and I'm sorry.)

As I mentioned to a few of you, if you feel as though the league would be better off without me, then by all means replace me. BUT, if you feel like giving me a chance to get these health problems resolved ... and to finish moving into our new location ... (We just moved from 29 Palms, CA to Eau Claire, WI a couple weeks ago) ... I promise that I can become a strong, and integral part of this league. If you choose to replace me, I give my word that there wont be any hard feelings whatsoever. (Someone mentioned that by me saying this I was making it sound like I didn't want to be a part of the League ... it is quite on the contrary though. I am saying this because I don't want to be a burden on people that I consider my friends.)

However, until the issue is resolved either way, I will make a point of checking into the board at least twice a day. This should keep me up to date on the important news ........

Its your call...if you want in then youre in :D

I also just got an email from Bezzerck

Aloha Adam,

I am in but I am moving in the next few days.  My moving truck arrives Wendsday morning and so too say the least I am busy and cant get to the league site.  Things should settle down ina few days before our trek across the country.  But I am in and will be a full participant I just am low on time right now.

Mahalos,

Burke

looks to me lilke everyone is accounted for. Seems we kind of got cranked up here and caught a couple of the guys during a busy time. They did respond before any "crunch time" date so I claim we all have busy times, and sometimes life gets in the way of a damn fun hobby. If they can check emails every few days and get their payments on the way shorty I say lets go with them. When the last payment comes in we can open the draft and maybe get a jump on things by a few days anyway.

Just my opinion, everybody elses' counts too with commish having the final say. And that's fine with me.

If you choose to replace me, I give my word that there wont be any hard feelings whatsoever. (Someone mentioned that by me saying this I was making it sound like I didn't want to be a part of the League ...)

....it wasn't me... :ph34r:

seriously though, I wasn't sure if you were still interested or not. I was just making sure we didn't have another week or two go by where we were guessing if all 12 of us were in.

Since it looks like your in, Good Luck(Just don't go trading Edge for Hambrick :thumbsup: )

If Dev Doc still wants in, that is fine with me because he is communciating with us now. He has a week or two to get ready for the draft, so he has some time to get healthy & ready. I hope he gets better soon (that is the most important issue). As far as the league goes, is it possible to find a back up/co-owner? During our season, are there any decisions that an owner must make immediately on the spur of the moment? After the draft, other than meeting managing personnel time deadlines, there is some time flexibility with managing a team, so if Dev Doc stays in touch & shows a reasonable level of commitment to this league, I am all for him staying in our league. Is it possible that he could set up a back up plan with our commissioner on how to manage his starting lineups, if he is unable to manage his team for a short period of time? What does everyone one else think?

looks to me lilke everyone is accounted for. Seems we kind of got cranked up here and caught a couple of the guys during a busy time. They did respond before any "crunch time" date so I claim we all have busy times, and sometimes life gets in the way of a damn fun hobby. If they can check emails every few days and get their payments on the way shorty I say lets go with them. When the last payment comes in we can open the draft and maybe get a jump on things by a few days anyway.

Just my opinion, everybody elses' counts too with commish having the final say. And that's fine with me.

I totally agree, I think no one knew the exact details about Dev Doc's & Bezzerck's situations, so I think that people were concerned. I think they have to realize that when people don't receive any communciations for a while, then there will be some concerns (concern is not always a bad thing). I hope they don't feel pressured by us, we didn't know. Hopefully we can make this whole thing work.

Sign in to follow this