Sign in to follow this  
DrJ

Playoff Outlook

Clinched Spots

1 Seed - Rizzo's

2 Seed - Belly (could take 1 with a win combined with Rizzo's loss)

Wildcard - Wahoos

Wildcard - Tuna

Remaining 2 Spots

Paydirt (6-6, 992, 6-3)

Miami (6-6, 932, 5-4)

Midwest (5-7, 934, 3-6)

Blitz Brigade (5-7, 920, 4-5)

Paydirt is in great position for the 5th spot. He can clinch a spot with a win. He also holds a good lead in the total point tiebreak should it be a 2 or 3 way across divisions. Could miss the playoffs with a loss combined with a Miami win.

Miami can clinch a spot with a win. He could clinch with losses by Midwest and Blitz. A loss combined with a win by Miwest and a loss by Blitz and he will be out. A loss combined with wins by both Midwest and Blitz and it would come down to total points. A loss combined with a loss by Midwest and win by Blitz would have it come down to total points.

Midwest is in great shape if he wins. The only scenario he wouldn't be a lock with a win is if Miami loses and Blitz wins. That makes a 4-way tie and he could lose in total points there. Otherwise, he's a lock with a win and out with a loss.

Blitz needs a win, a loss by Miami, and to take the tiebreak in total points. He can't take a 3 way tie in division because he is 1-3 vs Paydirt and Midwest. This is the only guy that needs significant help along with a win this weekend.

So Miami and Paydirt control their own destiny entirely. Midwest just about controls his own. Blitz can make it, but he's going to need some help to have a shot.

Man, am I slow! I read through this like 5 times and still don't quite understand it all. The important thing is that I win and Blitz loses (go Bellyache!!!)

Could this be Midwest Playaz first year not making the playoffs? Stay tuned.

Man, am I slow!  I read through this like 5 times and still don't quite understand it all.  The important thing is that I win and Blitz loses (go Bellyache!!!)

Could this be Midwest Playaz first year not making the playoffs?  Stay tuned.

Yeah, it gets pretty complex because the tiebreak is different if there is a tie across divisions vs in divisions. It's different if there's a 2-way vs 3-way tie as well.

But actually, looking at this you will take any tiebreaker in your division if you win. You would have a sweep on Paydirt, the best record between the Paydirt-Midwest-Blitz three way, and you beat Miami.

So you would take a Miami-Paydirt-Midwest 3 way tie due to a 3-0 there.

You would take a Midwest-Paydirt tie due to the sweep of Paydirt.

You would take a Blitz-Paydirt-Midwest 3 way tie due to a 3-1 record against Blitz and Paydirt

The only scenario where you don't go to the playoffs, if you win your game, is if Miami loses and Blitz wins sending it to a 4 way tie. That would send the tiebreak to total points where you could lose.

Pretty much win your game and score a boatload of friggin points and you're in some awesome shape. Lose, and you're done.

Well this is quite complicated for me if I lose. :thumbsup: I think I should just win and that would save me alot of headaches. It's gonna be a tough game against the Playaz. He has some studs, but so do I so we will just have to wait and see. I have gotten hot at the right time winning 4 of my last 5, but that terrible start I got off to might cost me.

Should I lose, whats scenario(s) would I need to get in the playoffs. My points scored will bail me out of alot of tie breakers I would think?

Well this is quite complicated for me if I lose. :(   I think I should just win and that would save me alot of headaches.  It's gonna be a tough game against the Playaz.  He has some studs, but so do I so we will just have to wait and see.  I have gotten hot at the right time winning 4 of my last 5, but that terrible start I got off to might cost me. 

Should I lose, whats scenario(s) would I need to get in the playoffs.  My points scored will bail me out of alot of tie breakers I would think?

You are out if you lose and Miami wins.

That will put Miami in with 7 wins.

Either you would be in a 2 way tie with Midwest or 3 way with Midwest and Blitz. Since Midwest has swept you and has the best 3 play record of that group, he'd take any tie there.

If you lose and Miami loses, that'll put it at a tie between conferences and your total points should carry you.

So a win by either me or you will pretty much clinch it for you. A loss by both, and you're out.

Well this is quite complicated for me if I lose. :first:  I think I should just win and that would save me alot of headaches.  It's gonna be a tough game against the Playaz.  He has some studs, but so do I so we will just have to wait and see.  I have gotten hot at the right time winning 4 of my last 5, but that terrible start I got off to might cost me. 

Should I lose, whats scenario(s) would I need to get in the playoffs.  My points scored will bail me out of alot of tie breakers I would think?

You are out if you lose and Miami wins.

That will put Miami in with 7 wins.

Either you would be in a 2 way tie with Midwest or 3 way with Midwest and Blitz. Since Midwest has swept you and has the best 3 play record of that group, he'd take any tie there.

If you lose and Miami loses, that'll put it at a tie between conferences and your total points should carry you.

So a win by either me or you will pretty much clinch it for you. A loss by both, and you're out.

Ouch, I think I better just win. <_<

How did I go from 6-1 to this? 

Oh well, if I win then it's all good.

I'll be pulling for you... I'm dead and if I lose this game I lock up the 3 pick.

But if I do spoil someone's day, I guess that'll be okay too. I can still get the 3 with one of my other picks. :o

Amazing what a difference 4 points makes - I would have been able to clinch a playoff bid of my own with a win this week if I didn't screw myself this past week...

I plan to Steamroll you, I hope Kevin Jones gets benched for Artose Pinner.

On paper I think you have the advantage in part depending on what happens with Mike Anderson.

It will be a good game and I know you will love to play spolier more than have a better pick like every other Lombardi owner.....

Bring it!

Well this is quite complicated for me if I lose. :banana: I think I should just win and that would save me alot of headaches. It's gonna be a tough game against the Playaz. He has some studs, but so do I so we will just have to wait and see. I have gotten hot at the right time winning 4 of my last 5, but that terrible start I got off to might cost me.

Should I lose, whats scenario(s) would I need to get in the playoffs. My points scored will bail me out of alot of tie breakers I would think?

You and I are in the same boat. I won 3 of my last 4, mostly due to Holmes getting injured allowing LJ's full-time play. But my horrid start could be too much to make up for.

Unfortunately, I don't like the matchups for my RB's. Denver and Jax are hard to run against.