Sign in to follow this  
GiantsRule

Playoff scenarios and the 2006 draft...

Here are the things we know for sure:

-The division winners are locked in (Serbian Assassins in the North, Seattle Stars in the South, Shooter McGavin in the East, and Flintstones Chewable Morphine in the West)

-Shooter McGavin (11-1) has clinched the overall #1 seed regardless of what happens in Week 13.

-Seattle Stars (10-2) have all but clinched the #2 seed regardless of what happens in Week 13. The only way they could drop is to lose and then get outscored by a winning FCM (9-3) team by almost 100 points. Seattle and FCM did not have a head to head matchup this season.

-Both FCM and Serbian Assassins sit at 9-3. They did not have a head-to-head game this season. If both teams win this weekend, it goes to total points and FCM leads by over 100 points. FCM essentially controls its own destiny; win and get the 3rd seed with Serbians at the 4 slot. Lose, and Serbians take it and FCM gets 4th seed.

-Panthers (8-4) have clinched a playoff berth

-Sesame Street Gang, Bellyache, Carolina Cartel, Knights of the Green & Gold, and Strong Pimp Hand are eliminated from playoff contention

-Sesame Street Gang is on the clock. They own the "Reggie Bush pick" going into the 2006 draft.

-Bellyache and Carolina Cartel are in contention for the 2nd pick in the '06 draft and they actually play each other this week. The total points tiebreaker between them is razor thin (Cartel 820 - Bellyache 815). Bellyache clinches the 2nd pick with a loss. Cartel clinches the 2nd pick with a loss by 6 points or more. If Bellyache beats Cartel by exactly 5 points, then a coinflip will determine who picks 2nd and 3rd.

Then it starts to get cloudy:

-S&S Express and No Talent Ass Clowns sit at 7-5. They can each claim playoff spots with wins--Then it's just a matter of where they are seeded.

-Cardiac Attack at 6-6 can grab the final playoff spot with a win. The 5-7 teams (Arctic Dawgs, Pac-10 Gangstas, and Island of the Misfit Toys) need a Cardiac loss and a ton of help even if they win (and keep in mind that Cardiac plays Island in the final week).

Does anyone want to bother to break down exactly what the final three playoff contenders need to make the dance and what the tiebreakers will be for spots and seeding? If nobody else gives the proverbial rat's ass, we'll simply sort it out after Week 13.

Good luck to one and all!

I can tell you this, No Talent will not get his needed win this weekend.

Nor will the Bengals.

:(

I can tell you this, No Talent will not get his needed win this weekend.

Nor will the Bengals.

:)

Funny you talk about much needed, 1) I don't need the win, I'm probally no worse then the #7 seed which means 2 things, 1, I'm in, 2, I don't have to be the sacrificial lamb that gets killed by tuna in rd 1. Your match-up with me is kinda pointless. 2) The team that MUST win this weekend is the stillers, a loss and the division is all but wrapped by the Bengals as they will have a 2 game lead!! Your right, the team that MUST win this weekend won't!!! Enjoy fighting for the wildcard, nice showing on national TV last night, at least we made it entertaining last week! :)

Alright, here's my best shot at this point:

Looks like there is only 1 spot left up for grabs as Shooter, Seattle, FCM, Serbian, Panthers, NTAC, & S&S have all clinched a playoff spot. The unofficial scenerios are listed below. I think I have them all, but very easliy could have over looked some. if you see any errors or have any questions on how any of this was derived let me know.

Shooter McGavin - 11-1 - 1342 pts

#1 Seed

Seattle Stars - 10-2 - 1091 pts

#3 Seed with a loss, a FCM win, and FCM outscores him by 99 pts

#2 Seed with anything else.

Flinstone Chewable Morphine - 9-3 - 993 pts

#2 Seed with a win, Seattle loss, and he outscores Seattle by 99 pts.

#3 Seed with a win or SA loss*

#4 Seed with a loss and SA win*

Serbian Assassian - 9-3 - 868 pts

#3 Seed with a win and a FCM loss

#4 Seed with anything else.

Panthers - 8-4 - 1048 pts

#5 Seed

No Talent Ass Clowns - 7-5 - 900 pts

#6 Seed with a win

#6 Seed with a loss, S&S loss, and Cardiac loss

- If NTAC looses, S&S loss, and Cardiac win leave them tied & Seeds 6-8 will be determined by total pts.

#8 Seed with a loss, S&S win, and a Cardiac win and outscores him by 43 pts

#7 Seed with anything else.

S&S Express - 7-5 - 903 pts

#6 Seed with a win & NTAC loss

#7 Seed with a win & NTAC win

#7 Seed with a loss & Cardiac loss or Cardiac Win and he fails to outscore S&S by 46 pts.

#8 Seed with a loss, NTAC win, and a Cardiac win and outscores S&S by 46 pts

- If NTAC looses, S&S losses, and Cardiac wins, it leave them tied & Seeds 6-8 will be determined by total pts.

Cardiac Attack - 6-6 - 858 pts

- If NTAC looses, S&S losses, and Cardiac wins, it leave them tied & Seeds 6-8 will be determined by total pts.

#7 Seed with a win, NTAC win, & S&S loss if he outscores S&S by 46 pts

#7 Seed with a win, S&S win, and NTAC loss if he outscores NTAC by 43 pts

#8 Seed with a win and any other scenerio other then what is noted above.

-A loss and Cardiac is out of the playoffs by tiebreaker.

Island of Misfit Toys - 5-7 - 902 pts

#8 Seed with a win over Cardiac and a Pac-10 loss

#8 Seed with a win over Cardiac & a Pac-10 win in which he does not outscore Misfits by 92 pts

-A loss or Pac-10 winning and outscoring him by 92 or more will eliminate Misfits from the playoffs.

Pac-10 Ganstas - 5-7 - 811 pts

#8 Seed with a win, Misfit win, and outscore Misfits by 92 pts or more.

Out of the playoffs with anything else.

*Assumes FCM retains total pt lead on SA.

-Sesame Street Gang is on the clock. They own the "Reggie Bush pick" going into the 2006 draft.

:pointstosky: