Sign in to follow this  
Highway Robbery

Playoffs to Lombardi Bowl IV

Here we go, the playoffs are loaded onto the system.

Conference Champions:

Seed #1 Rizzo's Crackers 11-2 Coastal Champion

Seed #2 Bellyache 9-4 Central Champion

Wildcard:

Seed #3 Wahoos 8-5 (Coastal) - Defending Champion - Lombardi Bowl III

Seed #4 Bigtuna 7-6 (Central)

Seed #5 Miami Steamrollers 7-6 (Coastal)

Seed #6 Midwest Playaz 6-7 (Central)

Tiebreakers:  

Seed #4 Bigtuna over Miami Head to Head 1-0
Seed #6 Midwest Playaz (3-1) over Paydirt (2-2) and Blitz Brigade (1-3) Head to Head.

1st Round Matchups:

Midwest Playaz at Wahoos

Miami Steamrollers at Bigtuna

Note: Playoffs are not bracked. The #1 seed will play the lowest seed surviving after the 1st round.

Miami Steamrollers (7-6) @ Bigtuna (7-6):

History / Subplots:

This game is a rematch of the Week 5 game when Bigtuna throttled Miami 73-20.

Both teams have even records but they backed into the playoffs with Miami losing 6 of 7, and Bigtuna losing 5 of 7.

Noteworthy: In the preseason Curtis Martin and Corey Dillon were traded by Miami for LaMont Jordan and Cedric Benson from Bigtuna.

NFL subplots:

- Jordan's Raiders face off against Martin's Jets so it should be good.

- Miami has Mike Anderson and Bigtuna has Tatum Bell, the may be both starting and fighting for carries.

Bigtuna:

Team was built to have great quality and depth at RB, explosive gamebreaking WRs and great quality and depth at QB.

- RBs have been injured or otherwise ineffective. Still have starters that can go off any week.

- WRs Moss is hobbled and Owens is not Owens. Thus relying on Branch and ?

- QBs Loss of Bulger hurts but Delhomme is still quality as is Brady.

Summary: Despite bad luck this team had so much depth that it is still good enough to advance deep into the playoffs. Imaging if everything had lined up.

Miami Steamrollers:

Team attempts to have 3 starting RBs, w/ veteran WRs, great defense and solid QB play.

- Mike Anderson must get carries from Shanny as does Parker.

- WRs attack w/ Rod Smith and Jimmy Smith. Need 20-25 Points.

- QBs - Must get big game from either Garrard or Brunell.

Summary: Needs at least 1 player to go off. Otherwise very average.

Midwest Playaz at Wahoos

History / Subplots:

- This game is a rematch of the Week 5 game when Wahoos beat Midwest 112 - 76.

- Wahoos won Lombardi Bowl III

- Midwest Playaz won Lombardi Bowl II. Midwest Playaz have made the playoffs every year of existence (4).

Wahoos:

Team has lost 3 straight. Team features strong RB core. There is a plethora of WRs that on any given week can go off but none of which are true number 1 WRs. At QB, options are there but which one?

Key to Victory: Picking the right QB and WRs

Midwest Playaz:

Wow who would have thought that an injury to the Priest Holmes as an owner would actually be a good thing? But it cleared things up for LJ.

The in season trade for Greg Jones was very shrewd. Could this be the move like the Anthony Thomas trade in 2003 that gets Midwest another ring? The tools are there....

2 Options exist at QB which are solid. RB is very strong. WR is deep and explosive.

Key to victory: picking the right WRs.

Congrats and good luck to everyone this weekend.

That being said... go Wahoos!

Kind of a funny matchup for my team, since I traded Wahoos #1 and Greg Jones for Midwest's #1. I still believe it was a terrific gamble - Wahoos was a virtual lock for the playoffs at the time and Midwest needed a huge finish to make the playoffs and even then it came down to the final week. But he can make the deal pay off in a big way with a win this weekend.

Congrats to HR on a great season.....that was an ugly battle on Sunday...but despite the incredible # of injuries and suspensions my once formidable lineup have taken, i stand at the presipice of greatness...errr...a Conference Title.

I pretty much have no shot to win...with my pathetic lineup, but we will see. i am kinda still hoping i can get Moss (does this guy suck ass all of a sudden or what?)

Owens, Westbrook, Jones, CMart, Bulger, ect back. at least i got Dillon back.

I thought i had the leagues best team, but i, like Paydirt, have had one of those seasons.