Sign in to follow this  
EndGame

Just got approval on a new contract job!

You might remember (or might not care) that I started my own independent PR consulting business in late January, and got my first retainer client last month. I just found out that I got approval on a nice little contract for this month and next month! The deal will bring in around $1200 for me, so I'm excited about it. Also, it's the type of client that could really lead to others if I can do a good job for them. It's a plastic surgeon and his wife. The wife is a marketing type, so she'll be coordinating my work. The upside to that is she is hot. Interestingly, since she's married to a plastic surgeon, she looks quite natural. If she's had work done, it's subtle.

I know this is a rat's ass topic, but I'm psyched! I've had a couple of deals that looked like slam dunks go "poof" on me, so this brings back my faith that I can do this.

:lol:

:lol:

Very cool. Dude, I may be emailing you for some pointers. I just accepted a new position in my company that deals more with advertising, pr, marketing etc. I'm also very interested in starting to do this as a side business, though with a full time gig it makes it much tougher. Anyway, I'd love to pick your brain.

You might remember (or might not care) that I started my own independent PR consulting business in late January, and got my first retainer client last month. I just found out that I got approval on a nice little contract for this month and next month! The deal will bring in around $1200 for me, so I'm excited about it. Also, it's the type of client that could really lead to others if I can do a good job for them. It's a plastic surgeon and his wife. The wife is a marketing type, so she'll be coordinating my work. The upside to that is she is hot. Interestingly, since she's married to a plastic surgeon, she looks quite natural. If she's had work done, it's subtle.

I know this is a rat's ass topic, but I'm psyched! I've had a couple of deals that looked like slam dunks go "poof" on me, so this brings back my faith that I can do this.

:rolleyes:

so what is it you'll actually being doing for them? Please don't respond PR. I'm looking for a day in the life kind of detail.