Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Hey EndGame

Didn't you used to work for Circuit City?

I'd like to ask you some questions if you don't mind.

email vuduchile80@yahoo.com

Didn't you used to work for Circuit City?

I'd like to ask you some questions if you don't mind.

email vuduchile80@yahoo.com

I worked at headquarters, but yup ... I'll shoot you an email.

I worked at headquarters, but yup ... I'll shoot you an email.

I worked in a store as a Sales mgr and an Ops mgr, if you are thinking about coming on board...Run, don't walk

I worked in a store as a Sales mgr and an Ops mgr, if you are thinking about coming on board...Run, don't walk

When and where?

When and where?

Various stores in Central NJ from 99-late 04 and while I realize that the changes that were being made to emulate BBY were needed, the implementation was not done well and I left with a very bad taste in my mouth for the company.

Various stores in Central NJ from 99-late 04 and while I realize that the changes that were being made to emulate BBY were needed, the implementation was not done well and I left with a very bad taste in my mouth for the company.

Ah ... thought I might have talked to you before. I dealt with individual stores a lot. New Jersey wasn't one of my states, though.

I disagree about the decisions to emulate BBY, by the way. While I had to hold the company line with the media, I think switching to hourly sales staff was a massive mistake. If you're trying to beat your competition, trying to become them doesn't usually work.

Ah ... thought I might have talked to you before. I dealt with individual stores a lot. New Jersey wasn't one of my states, though.

I disagree about the decisions to emulate BBY, by the way. While I had to hold the company line with the media, I think switching to hourly sales staff was a massive mistake. If you're trying to beat your competition, trying to become them doesn't usually work.

I ended up watching alot of fellow mgrs get canned and I was there for the mass firing of all the good sales counselors as well. I watched many good people leave the company and yet somehow McC managed to keep himself in position, with all the sorry results kept coming in.

Now what was once a proud company is a real shell of itself, a poor BBY clone at best. The brilliance of placing stores in "B" locations to avoid paying top dollar rent, poor advertising, lousy in stock positions on key items. Even now, take a mega hot item like the xbox 360..average CC gets 20, average BBY gets 80.

I ended up watching alot of fellow mgrs get canned and I was there for the mass firing of all the good sales counselors as well. I watched many good people leave the company and yet somehow McC managed to keep himself in position, with all the sorry results kept coming in.

Now what was once a proud company is a real shell of itself, a poor BBY clone at best. The brilliance of placing stores in "B" locations to avoid paying top dollar rent, poor advertising, lousy in stock positions on key items. Even now, take a mega hot item like the xbox 360..average CC gets 20, average BBY gets 80.

With all of this said, I think they're moving vaguely in the right direction. Moving and upgrading the stores is a must, and they're doing it. McCollough leaving (whether by suggestion or on his own) is a HUGE plus. He was a God-awful CEO.

There's still quite a climate of fear around HQ, though. I talked to a former co-worker the other day and he was thrilled to tears to have made it through February with his job intact. Sad.

Every time I walk into Circuit City, there are no customers in the store.

Every time I walk into Circuit City, there are no customers in the store.

Individual stores have different results. Have you been to different stores? The ones near me usually have a decent amount of people in them. Of course, since being laid off from CC, I don't go to the store very often. I usually go to Best Buy or Office Max to get my stuff.

EndGame..I saw something on the news last night that amused me. Did you see where Chesterfield is making a bid for the R-Braves? Talking about putting it at the Cloverleaf Mall lot.

EndGame..I saw something on the news last night that amused me. Did you see where Chesterfield is making a bid for the R-Braves? Talking about putting it at the Cloverleaf Mall lot.

This is the same Chesterfield County that didn't want to chip in for the new stadium. Forget it .. they won't win the bid.