Sign in to follow this  
DauntesInferno

Monitor Question

I got a very nice new computer a few months back, and have been doing a lot of fooling around with making DVDs from family movies, pictures and slides. It's also got Windows XP Media, and after receiving a phenomenal gift of many CDs from a friend, I am making good use of the sound card, speaker system etc.

I still have my 6 year old, white (well originally it was white) 19 inch CRT monitor that takes up half the space on my desk.

I haven't a clue as to what to look for in a monitor that would work well with the photography work I do, the logo designs I do at work, and my newfound love of making sappy DVDs from old family photos and tear jerker, sappy 60s and 70s music. (Actually, I made one really good one so far that I used The Brandenburg Concertos and some Fantasia music. It did make my mom cry though.)

Apparantly with the XP Media, I can watch TV on it (if I get the tuner) or hook it up to my tv directly... I haven't gotten that far yet, but don't know what I'll want to play with tomorrow.

Thoughts? Recommendations?