Sign in to follow this  
Shox

D. Williams Runs Very Well in Workout

This should put him solidly in as the #2 RB in the draft. However, as the article says a team looking for a big back could still take White over Williams.

Fantasy wise there could be 4 impact rookie running backs if they end up on the right teams. I doubt this will pan out, but it could. Last year looked to be 3 sure bets in Caddy, Ronnie Brown, and Benson and Cadilliac was really the only one have a major impact. Brown was ok, but certainly did not match the expectation level.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/footba...4569917,00.html

he did ok.

4.44 was to be expected at his size.

I doubt he will be the #2 pick at RB but it all depends on what people are looking for.

I think Addai will be a higher pick than some suspect mostly because Indianapolis is looking for a player with his attributes (big, versatile, great blocker, can be used as a reciever in the slot) and really there is not another player like that in this draft.

Lendale White is not anything special IMO, i can't understand the hype. Williams is excellent, but the dude was abused at Memphis, and thats a concern. If he learns to block and recieve better than he does he could become a Brian Westbrook type. Maroney is a back i really like. So elusive, so fast and enough size, though not ideal size. All in all its not a great RB draft. Bush, as great as he is, is not a prototype.

All depends on where the RB's end up. Bush will be a Texan and will be highly sought after in FFB drafts. The RB that goes to Indianapolis will probably be the 2nd back taken.

Bush

Indianapolis RB taken

LenDale White

DeAngelo Williams

Laurence Maroney

Joseph Addai

You can bet all will be off the board in rookie draft within the 1st 6-7 picks.

i must say the title is misleading, since NFL.com credits him with a 4.44 wind Aided 40.

That is a good time, but not spectacular for a player of his stature. Additionally, his short shuttle was also a good 4.10, but that is not an elite time, but rather, quite customary for a prospect with his measurements and pedigree.

Sub 4.00 shuttles really seperate the great athletes from the good ones. Antonio Cromartie did one just the other day.

Additionally, some very highly rated RB prospects have not yet done their shuttles.

given how quickly RBs go downhill..I like how Indy has handled it...let Edge go now...before his drop really starts. Let someone else overpay...then go draft and rent another RB for the next 5 or so years (about the shelf life of an NFL RB).

Gone are the days of RBs lasting for too much over 10 years.

So i dont think Williams carries in college will hurt him.

i must say the title is misleading, since NFL.com credits him with a 4.44 wind Aided 40.

I was not present when he ran. I am only posting what the artile said.

That is a good time, but not spectacular for a player of his stature. Additionally, his short shuttle was also a good 4.10, but that is not an elite time, but rather, quite customary for a prospect with his measurements and pedigree.

Sub 4.00 shuttles really seperate the great athletes from the good ones. Antonio Cromartie did one just the other day.

Additionally, some very highly rated RB prospects have not yet done their shuttles.

I don't put much into shuttles, 40 times, etc. Year in and year out, players draft value goes through the roof or in the toilet based on these stats. Kiper puts a lot of stock in the combine numbers. But I've seen a lot of players do very well to unreal while being ripped for numbers.

Emmitt Smith comes to mind. Too small, not the prototypical back. Yada yada. Happens all the time at QB, WR, etc.

I have to ask, what did the guy do in College? He was super solid. Fast, quick, could take the hits and played up in big games. The guy has what it takes. So his shuttle is a little slow....What has the guy shown us?

I have the same questions about Jay Cutler. The guy has vaulted to QB premier. Because he throws a pretty ball.....So what? Is the guy a winner? Does he make sound decisions? Can he read a defense? These are the questions I have. I am not saying I throw the numbers out the window. I just don't think it shows the whole picture.

Just my $.02

Brian Calhoun of Wisconsin had a better workout.

Not sure how much I think it means, but didn't Mel Kiper have Deangelo rated higher than Benson, Brown and Caddy last year before he broke his leg?

If my memory is correct it is defintely something to chew on..

Not sure how much I think it means, but didn't Mel Kiper have Deangelo rated higher than Benson, Brown and Caddy last year before he broke his leg?

If my memory is correct it is defintely something to chew on..

I doubt it.

Benson was the #1 rated prospect before the 2004 season by most publications. Caddillac was a top 10 projection. Brown was generally 20-30, as far as i remember and by browsing my 2004 draft guides