Sign in to follow this  
DauntesInferno

Music suggestions

I've had all of our family movies transferred from 8mm and Super 8mm to mpeg2 and burned to DVDs.

I'm making it for my mom, and will give copies to my siblings too, but I need some suggestions for music.

So far I have "Always," by Ella Fitzgerald, "What a Wonderful World," "Cabaret," "Unforgettable," "You Stepped Out of a Dream," "MacDougall's Pride," (by Ashley MacIssac,) "Bookends," The Beatles, "Two of Us," "In My Life," and a few others, "At Last," by Etta James, Into The Mystic, Aint no Mountain High Enough, and "You Are The Sunshine of My Life."

I have more than that too, (Thanks to a really cool friend I've got about 30 Gbs of music,) but, I have movies from 1952 - 1979, plus I'm mixing in some still photos. There was over 35,000 feet of film, and it's been edited down to 3 DVDs.

I thought I'd stick with music from the decade of the film, except for the early 50s stuff of my parents and grandparents because they were into a lot of 40s music. I know nothing about music in the 40s and early 50s.

Anyone have any suggestions?