Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

Vincent Jackson

Other than the fact that the guy is huge. I don't know too much about the kid.

Can he be a sleeper this season. Or does Philip Rivers kill his chances to progress.

Any info early predictions would be helpfull.

While the development of Rivers may hurt him. The fact that Rivers is starting could also be a bonus for VJax. If that makes sense...

I bet these guys hooked up a lot on the 2nd team offense in practice.

While the development of Rivers may hurt him. The fact that Rivers is starting could also be a bonus for VJax. If that makes sense...

Rivers is a young QB, but he's not as green as many are thinking. He can sling the ball, he's not afraid to let it go and has a nice release. I think he'll take a couple of games to get acclamated to the speed, but he's going to be productive.

I can see 2800 yds 24 TD's 19 INT's

I agree with CA 7 that he should be comfortable with Jackson coming in...it's just a matter of how much Jax can get on the field, he needs a strong pre-season.

They resigned Parker, but let Caldwell walk -- so he should get some quality PT - but with MCCardell and Gates the top target, i dont see many stats this year...

They resigned Parker, but let Caldwell walk -- so he should get some quality PT - but with MCCardell and Gates the top target, i dont see many stats this year...

agreed.

Parker and VJax are not worth FF roster spots.

I see big things for VJ if he ends up on the field. I think he'll line up as the #2 WR this year opposite keenan. parker is better suited as a slot WR. He fought through injuries this past year, and should have had plenty of time to work on his route running. He has all the physical tools, but needs practice time and technique work.

This biggest indicator whether or not VJ is worth a FF roster spot? I'm watching the draft, and if San Diego selects a WR in the first round then I will stay away. If they draft a first round WR they don't trust VJ to step up.

I still think he has the potential to be the #1 WR out of the 2005 draft

I'd think along the lines of Jax's Ernest Wilford where at best, he gets on the field enough to make some big plays and at worst, he disappears for long stretches.

Might be a decent dynasty option or late round choice in a deep league. I know he was one of the combine/workout wonderboys in 2005.