Sign in to follow this  
akamarvalous

McNair to Ravens? Bears? that would be nice

He's not going to Chi. They have two young qbs and a veteran already. While I think Mcnair, if healthy, would be a great addition for a season or two, it would set back the qb position for years by making Grossman and Orton sit on the bench.

The ravens seem like the ideal situation for him.

McNair is going to start his farwell tour of teams, just like Jerry Rice. Very sad when a one time League MVP starts to go through this stage in his career, I think they could all learn something from the likes of John Elway, Barry Sanders, Steve Young....Go out with some dignity...

McNair isn't even the best QB on his team right now, let alone when they draft Leinert.

He's not going to Chi. They have two young qbs and a veteran already. While I think Mcnair, if healthy, would be a great addition for a season or two, it would set back the qb position for years by making Grossman and Orton sit on the bench.

The ravens seem like the ideal situation for him.

grossman and orton aren't good. They are middle of the road nfl qbs at best (I know orton was rookie). They will end up being backups or playing the role of trent dilfer at the very best. Sitting in there and not screwing up too much while you run the ball and play defense. Why not bring in McNair while you still have awesome d and running game and maybe make a real push at the superbowl? Nobody fears the bears passing game. Not even close.

It seems like most oranizations are following this same motto

"what have you done for me lately"

MVP or not.....to me its just not fair

McNair isn't even the best QB on his team right now, let alone when they draft Leinert.

:mad:

I seriously doubt that anyone that the Titans draft will come in and prduce like McNair did last year for this team. (61%, 3100 yds, 16 TDs, 11 INTs)

McNair is still a very capable QB in this league. But I agree that his best years are behind him and that he only has a few years left. But to say that a soon-to-be rookie QB will be better than him in 2006?

If McNair goes to the Ravens, they go to the playoffs.

grossman and orton aren't good. They are middle of the road nfl qbs at best (I know orton was rookie). They will end up being backups or playing the role of trent dilfer at the very best. Sitting in there and not screwing up too much while you run the ball and play defense. Why not bring in McNair while you still have awesome d and running game and maybe make a real push at the superbowl? Nobody fears the bears passing game. Not even close.

This season will go a long way to seeing if you are right about Grossman. If he doesnt step up or if he gets hurt again, stick a fork in him. Orton I will give the benefit of doubt for another year or two. He did very well for a 4th round rookie.

:banana:

I seriously doubt that anyone that the Titans draft will come in and prduce like McNair did last year for this team. (61%, 3100 yds, 16 TDs, 11 INTs)

McNair is still a very capable QB in this league. But I agree that his best years are behind him and that he only has a few years left. But to say that a soon-to-be rookie QB will be better than him in 2006?

If McNair goes to the Ravens, they go to the playoffs.

the soon-to-be-rookie wont be playing

Volek would while they let him get accustomed to the game and yes, Volek will do better than McNair would

they are a growing team and rebuilding in a serious way, drop the baggage of this old QB on the downside of his career, let someone actually take a leadership role that is going to be there for more than one year

im glad they told him to go home, smartest thing they could have done

chances are, since he plays like he is still a young QB, he will be hurt a month or two into the season

im glad they told him to go home, smartest thing they could have done

chances are, since he plays like he is still a young QB, he will be hurt a month or two into the season

No, the smartest thing they could have done was not give him a back-loaded contract in which he would be due 23 million this season.

Something tells me if this number wasn't this high, this "McNair issue" wouldn't be an issue at all. They would draft Leinart/Young/Cutler, McNair would play for them in '06, Retire in '07, and then Volek could play until whoever they drafted was ready.

It seems like most oranizations are following this same motto

"what have you done for me lately"

MVP or not.....to me its just not fair

For 23mil against the cap...it is quite fair.

These athletes get paid millions upon millions....fair?