Sign in to follow this  
Wildman

Not Drafted Yet

WR Mike Hass, Oregon State--the NFL is picking a lot of small/fast WRs with KR potential over a guy like Hass. They are also selecting former QBs in Smith, Hagans, and Robinson. Hass is a steal this low despite the doubters.

QB Omar Jacobs, Bowling Green--there's not much of a need among teams that didn't draft a QB on the first day. I'd look for Oakland, Cleveland, Houston, Detroit and a few others to possibly think about this guy that will need work like Young but has the skills to become a starter one day. Just went to Pittsburgh...wow, good guy for them to develop over time. This is nice value. He dropped due to coming out early and his delivery.

QB Bruce Gradkowski, Toledo--I expected this one a bit, because he's my sleeper of the draft, but I'm interested to see if he's drafted by a team like SF or Detroit

RB Wali Lundy, Virginia--good all around player in a mismatched offense under Hagans for the past two years. I think he's a sleeper.

WR Martin Nance--inconsistent, but has physical skills to be a starter.

The Steelers just grabbed Jacobs. :mad: I knew you were going to mention Gradkowski! nfl.com doesn't even have him listed, strangely. I thought Denver would go for Gradkowski late rather than a Cutler early. I am surprised about Lundy and the Auburn WRs too.

Other guys:

RB DonTrell Moore

WR David Anderson

homer picks:

Florida CB Dee Webb :o

Florida DE Jeremy Mincey (shoulda stayed in school! :mad: :lol: )

I think arm strength and the injury tag weigh against Gradkowski. I'm beginning to think Mike Martz could grab this guy. Just have a weird feeling about this one.

Aromashodu and Obomanu (Auburn) both have problems with catching the ball consistently. I wouldn't be surprised if they are picked late, but they will be invited to camp regardless.

Haas just went to the Saints

That's a great place for Hass, IMO. Brees needs a possession guy. Stallworth (if still in NO by camp) and Horn (getting older) are kind of from the same cloth. This is a guy that could establish a nice rapport with Brees.

Lundy to Hou? Good pick there, too. Morency and Lundy should be competing for the 2nd and 3rd spots. I don't see Wells being there long.

Lundy is exactly the kind of runner that will benefit from the system Kubiak will be bringing to Houston. This is a sneaky pick, to me. Especially with DD having the tendency to spend time on the injury report. He's also a fine redzone option. Lundy-Terrell Davis? Not exactly, but still a good pick. He was seen as a 1st or 2nd round pick heading into this year.

What's the deal on DonTrell Moore. He's the type of back who does a lot of things well, but doesn't stand out in one particular area. Reminds me a bit of a Dom Davis/Mewelde Moore type guy. Not eye popping anywhere, but just plays the position well. Is it the ACL injury? Just not sure why he's suddenly flying so far below the radar.

What's the deal on DonTrell Moore. He's the type of back who does a lot of things well, but doesn't stand out in one particular area. Reminds me a bit of a Dom Davis/Mewelde Moore type guy. Not eye popping anywhere, but just plays the position well. Is it the ACL injury? Just not sure why he's suddenly flying so far below the radar.

I guess the NFL guys don't like his talent as much as his production. Not very big and not a burner, maybe teams are right to not be picking him to this point.

RB Wali Lundy, Virginia--good all around player in a mismatched offense under Hagans for the past two years. I think he's a sleeper.

honestly, I've always thought Lundy sucked. He was always pumped up as a good RB, but Pearman was by far the superior player while he was there. I never understood the hype with him.

I'll list Nance again. I'd heard that Big Ben was pushing the Steelers to grab him.

Rodrique Wright, the DT from the champs, remains available too.

I was going to also say Todd Watkins, but the Cardinals just grabbed him.

Freddie Roach at LB is the last one I'll list.

I'm stunned Rod Wright is still not picked...

I mean, a DT from Tx STATE (San Marcos) got picked before him! wtf?

True, Rod didn't live up to his full potential, but wow...

Has Jovon Bouknight been picked? I was thinking he'd be a solid 3rd WR for any team.

:no:

Neither has Baskett, Greg Lee or David Anderson :unsure:

Surprised DJ Shockley lasted until the middle of the 7th round.

Sat behind David Green for years, then did extremely well his first year.

What happened to Penn St CB Anwar Phillips? I know he had a bad workout on pro day, but he was projected as a 2nd or 3rd round pick a month or so ago.

Shockley had been hearing the Falcons liked him, but he publicly told the media he told his agent to stop telling him what's going on day to day in the process because he didn't want to get too up or down about the process. This is a pretty good place for Shockley to go for two reasons:

1. The Falcons will need a backup within 2-3 years. Either Vick will finally turn the corner as a passer before Schaub demands his way out of Atlanta to get a shot as a starter elsewhere, or Vick wears out his welcome.

2. Shockley gets a chance to learn with little pressure. He has first day physical skills and just needs refinement on some mechanics, actually not as bad as some of the guys picked before him. I really think he has a future in the NFL. Quincy Carter--a former UGA QB some compare him to--was a huge mistake, but I think Shockley will have a better career because of his maturity and even better skills.