Sign in to follow this  
BennyAndTheJets

Jets Draft Brick...

They obviously didn't want him that bad cause the 29 and 71 for the 9 is a garbage offer.

They should have made the offer for #8 - chances are Whitner would still have been available at 29 :cry:

They obviously didn't want him that bad cause the 29 and 71 for the 9 is a garbage offer.

when i read that offer in the detroit papers this morning, i thought it was a joke. can't believe the jets made that offer with a straight face.

You can't really blame them for making the offer. I think you always start out with a lower offer to gauge interest and then move up. Why give more than you have to right off the bat. I'd have to say that I wouldn't have minded giving up our 29th and 35th to move up to the 9th though. I don't know how that comes out on the draft chart. Maybe throw in a 4th next year.

So instead of Brick, Mangold, Clemens, we get Brick, Leinart. I'm happy with what we got though.

when i read that offer in the detroit papers this morning, i thought it was a joke. can't believe the jets made that offer with a straight face.

It's pretty easy when you genuinely know that you're helping the other side. Since it's a guaranteed that Millen's picks will all bust, at least they were saving him quite a few million...

You can't really blame them for making the offer. I think you always start out with a lower offer to gauge interest and then move up. Why give more than you have to right off the bat. I'd have to say that I wouldn't have minded giving up our 29th and 35th to move up to the 9th though. I don't know how that comes out on the draft chart. Maybe throw in a 4th next year.

So instead of Brick, Mangold, Clemens, we get Brick, Leinart. I'm happy with what we got though.

I like your team better as it was drafted. I think Ramsey will finally get a chance to develop, plus he's re-united with his favorite WR in Coles. Your O-Line was a mess, and you landed the two top players at two positions of need along the OL. Cheers. :rolleyes:

It's pretty easy when you genuinely know that you're helping the other side. Since it's a guaranteed that Millen's picks will all bust, at least they were saving him quite a few million...

Ouch.

:rolleyes:

oh, is this where i'm supposed to be so offended by j's little quip? :wacko:

oh, is this where i'm supposed to be so offended by j's little quip? :cheers:

You're the one that bothered to respond to it, so why don't you tell me. :banana: