Sign in to follow this  
RicemanX

Who? Matt Jones! Who? Matt Jones Jones!

SO, with Jimmy Smith gone, Matt Jones is going to get 80 receptions and 10 TDs...right?

Could be, but I'm leaning on Wilford to get more catches and yards....

Jones? 60-70 receptions...850-900 yards...8-9 scores.

SO, with Jimmy Smith gone, Matt Jones is going to get 80 receptions and 10 TDs...right?

yeah

no, not yet...the man im guessing will be ernest wilford, yes i said ernest wilford. matt jones will certainly have improved numbers, but not close to an elite wr with 10 tds.....yet

no, not yet...the man im guessing will be ernest wilford, yes i said ernest wilford. matt jones will certainly have improved numbers, but not close to an elite wr with 10 tds.....yet

:mad:

I actually think he will approach the 10 TD mark... but he will be lacking in yards and receptions as far as fantasy is concerned. He got 5 TD's in his frist year of playing WR at any level, much less the pro. With Jimmy gone and another year under his belt... I can see him getting close to 10 TD's. But Wildford is going to have the bigger numbers as far as receptions and yards.

Boy he's a fast white boy - tall enough also to be the redzone target. I think I saw in an earlier post Wiliford is 6'4" but doesn't have the break away speed. I think matt jones is that tall isn't he WITH breakaway speed. I could see jones with 10td.

The guy had 5 switching from a QB to a wr - now that's amazing. I will take him in the 8th round if he's there.

Boy he's a fast white boy - tall enough also to be the redzone target. I think I saw in an earlier post Wiliford is 6'4" but doesn't have the break away speed. I think matt jones is that tall isn't he WITH breakaway speed.

6'6" + 237 + 4.37 = :(

Could be, but I'm leaning on Wilford to get more catches and yards....

Jones? 60-70 receptions...850-900 yards...8-9 scores.

How many more catches/yards/TDs are you projecting for Wilford??

I think that the Jags first draft pick TE Marcedes Lewis is another factor not mentioned in this thread. He will share in those red zone targets and over the middle receptions that take away from Matt Jones.

Jimmy's #'s will be spread around and not just go to just Wilford and Matt Jones. If anything, Leftwich's #'s will go down and there will be less to go around.

He's a heck of a lot of fun to watch, but I think we're still a year away from FF potential. Wilford could step up, but ultimately I think we're just going to see a run first offense.

6'6" + 237 + 4.37 = :cry:

I thought he was much bigger than the 6'4" other option.

The guy is good.

Matt Jones is interesting not only for his freakish physical attributes AND respectable rookie season at WR... but he's also a "gadget" play guy. You've got to figure that you'll get a TD or two out of Jones on some sort of gadget play in '06.

Jones is a guy that'll likely put up #2 WR numbers but can be had for #3 price on draft day.

Jones is a guy that'll likely put up #2 WR numbers but can be had for #3 price on draft day.

I was thinking the opposite. You'll have to pay for his upside and likely its too early for him to provide that.

I was thinking the opposite. You'll have to pay for his upside and likely its too early for him to provide that.

you may be right. I don't really know where Jones is going in mocks (if indeed anyone is even doing mocks this early)

But his stats from '05 don't jump off the page (36 - 430yd. - 5td) and the Jags aren't much of an offensive juggernaut.

There's been considerable Jones hype on this board for a while now and I'm just not sure that the mainstream has the same level of fascination with him as the FFToday crowd.

I like Jones, but I'm not looking to pay #2 WR price for him. I'd like to snag him at #3 value and get #2 production.