Sign in to follow this  
sanders

Oilers are #1

Now we get to watch Carolina and Buffalo knock the piss out of each other. Hope it goes 7 games.

Nice goalie change by Carolina.

That was a nice move by Laviolette. Unfortunately, other than the one breakaway and Hechts play in front, he didn't face much.

This is so frustrating. Buffalo still almost beats Carolina with 4 of their best players out. What could have been with Connolly, Numminen, Kalinin and Tallinder. Easily, Buffalo was the best team with them. Carolina wouldn't have been able to keep up.

But thats still no excuse for last night. 3-1 lead in game 5 of the ECF, you can't blow that lead. And they had every chance to win the game late and in OT.

Now we get to watch Carolina and Buffalo knock the piss out of each other. Hope it goes 7 games.

Nice goalie change by Carolina.

I don't think it was a nice goalie change; it was a required move - no strategy involved. They wouldn't have been in that position if they had of started Cam Ward anyways...kid comes in and plays great enough for the Canes to go to the Conference Finals and the coach starts Gerber after one "bad" game by the kid?

If Gerber gets in the net again I will lose all respect for Laviolette.

Sabers are impressive. I am an Ottawa guy but they took it to us every game, even after Connolly got rocked.

I don't think it was a nice goalie change; it was a required move - no strategy involved. They wouldn't have been in that position if they had of started Cam Ward anyways...kid comes in and plays great enough for the Canes to go to the Conference Finals and the coach starts Gerber after one "bad" game by the kid?

If Gerber gets in the net again I will lose all respect for Laviolette.

Sabers are impressive. I am an Ottawa guy but they took it to us every game, even after Connolly got rocked.

By no means was it a required move. I know a lot of NHL coaches wouldn't have pulled Gerber there. I think the fact that it already worked against Montreal had something to do with it.

You have to go with the goalie who looks to be more "on" from night to night now I think.

I do think it was required - Gerber looked terrible. When Toni Lydman looks like Mario Lemieux on a breakaway, the goalie has to go.

I do agree you can go with the hot hand - the NHL isn't what is used to be in terms of having one main goalie, but what made Gerber hot and Ward not? Ward played very well and had a game where his team didn't help him...doesn't mean he shouldn't have started. Gerber has looked shaky ever since the playoffs started.

Hope those Oiler fans are proud of the display that they showed the rest of the sporting world on Sat night. Real mature. :banana:

Hope those Oiler fans are proud of the display that they showed the rest of the sporting world on Sat night. Real mature. :wall:

What's happening on Whyte is being blown way out of proportion. You have 50,000 people crammed into 1 avenue where there is bar after bar so everyone is drunk as can be. Of course there are going to be some problems. Considering the situation it's pretty damn good. You have a few drunk tards who climb stuff, break some windows, and actually lit a small fire in the middle of the street.

When you put things into perspective it's not that bad at all. If businesses want to protect their shop windows invest a little money in some metal shutters, problem solved.

The bars that are making money like crazy during this time should help footing the bill for the MINOR acts of vandalism. The damage is caused by less than 1% of the people down there too so the vast majority or people on Whyte are just having a good time. Any other major city would be far worse than what we have been experiencing.

I am not there so I can't give an eye witness comment but there have been a lot of reports about the nonsense going on there...

In Calgary a couple of years ago it didn't seem nearly as violent and they had the same type of environment

What's happening on Whyte is being blown way out of proportion. You have 50,000 people crammed into 1 avenue where there is bar after bar so everyone is drunk as can be. Of course there are going to be some problems. Considering the situation it's pretty damn good. You have a few drunk tards who climb stuff, break some windows, and actually lit a small fire in the middle of the street.

When you put things into perspective it's not that bad at all. If businesses want to protect their shop windows invest a little money in some metal shutters, problem solved.

The bars that are making money like crazy during this time should help footing the bill for the MINOR acts of vandalism. The damage is caused by less than 1% of the people down there too so the vast majority or people on Whyte are just having a good time. Any other major city would be far worse than what we have been experiencing.

:wall: :wub: :banana: metal shutters=problem solved