Sign in to follow this  
thebook

Best free fantasy football league sites?

Just wondering what the experts thought about different fantasy football sites. Our league at work has been using Yahoo for the last couple years but I'm thinking there must be something better (e.g. offers live scoring). "Free" would be nice as we are already putting in $100 each for prize money. But we'd look at pay-sites if they're worth it. Thoughts? Thanks much! (10 teams, nonkeeper redraft).

Just wondering what the experts thought about different fantasy football sites. Our league at work has been using Yahoo for the last couple years but I'm thinking there must be something better (e.g. offers live scoring). "Free" would be nice as we are already putting in $100 each for prize money. But we'd look at pay-sites if they're worth it. Thoughts? Thanks much! (10 teams, nonkeeper redraft).

I'd stick with Yahoo. It just works. Unless you need features, I don't see a reason to move.

Yahoo is my favorite, as I have said before, when you have done stats by hand, someone who does it for you as well as yahoo does, is tough to beat.

last season I used the aol league manager which is based on fanball I believe...it worked out great. I wonder if it's still free? Anybody know?

Yahoo does offer live scoring...I've used it for 3 years...$10 and you have it all season :lol:

I actually thought espn was O.K. (for being free). Yahoo is still the standard free league. Real time scoring cost extra.

ESPN had some major issues at the beginning of the year. We had to switch my work league over to FOX, which also had its own problems.

I did a lot of research on this last year. Yahoo is the best free service. We have used CBS, Yahoo, Fanball and others. We have been very pleased with Fanball. It costs $60/ year which is $6 per team. That is essentially free. Live scoring does go down occasionally but you just have to F6 it and it comes right back.

HTH :banana:

Can't be picky if you aren't spending any money, but we have used CBS for the last 8 years and it does cost everyone an extra 15 dollars for the 10 Team league, but it is well worth it.

Wouldn't go anywhere else and they put in your scoring system and they run it very smoothly.

Can't be picky if you aren't spending any money, but we have used CBS for the last 8 years and it does cost everyone an extra 15 dollars for the 10 Team league, but it is well worth it.

Wouldn't go anywhere else and they put in your scoring system and they run it very smoothly.

:banana: I have 3 leagues there and have had only 2 minor scoring issues that the commish had to fix in 3 or 4 years.

Yahoo is the best free service I've seen. If you go pay use RTS.

:wall:

:banana:

If you pay for live scoring at yahoo you would be spending the same amount for a service like myfantasyleagues, RTS and fanball. ($60/ 12 teams = $5 per team)

people keep coming up with sites that are pay....the man asked for free!

hands down...feature wise...aol can't be beat...it has pretty much everything a pay site has...but it's...

FREE.

I'll be using it again for both leagues that I commish.

people keep coming up with sites that are pay....the man asked for free!

hands down...feature wise...aol can't be beat...it has pretty much everything a pay site has...but it's...

FREE.

I'll be using it again for both leagues that I commish.

But someone added that you can add real time scoring for a cost which is true and we said that there were more economical sites with real time scoring.

It is FREE without real time scoring.