Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

* 2006 - Version 1.5 Released *

Projections, ADP and Depth Charts are updated!

Thanks. That's helpful. One more thing. Is there a way to make the ranking method based on a comparison of their score to the average starter? I know there isn't a drop down, but thought there might be a formula or two I can copy somewhere to accomplish this.

Thanks.

Adam

Not sure what you mean by this Adam. In Buddy? Please explain further.

Projections, ADP and Depth Charts are updated!

Not sure what you mean by this Adam. In Buddy? Please explain further.

I meant in the Compiler on the setup when you choose the overall ranking method. If possible, I wanted to set may rankings based on the avg. starter at a position, instead of picking last starter drafted, median player drafted, etc. I thought that would be a better measure for how the player compares against everyone at his position. Does that make sense?

For example, if you have starting RBs and WRs with the projected points below, using a baseline of last starter drafted you have the following rankings.

WR A

WR B

WR C

WR D

RB A

RB B

RB C

RB D

RB E and WR E

If you used average starter, you'd rank them:

RB A

RB B

WR A

RB C

RB D

WR B

WR C

WR D

RB E and WR E

Ideally for a draft, it would be great if you would rerank based on the average remaining starter drafted (although that seems very complicated). I'm more concerned about my auction, so straight values are OK. If it could revalue, the rankings would be

RB A

RB B

WR A

WR B

WR C

WR D

RB C

RB D

RB E

WR E

RB

A 100

B 90

C 80

D 70

E 60

WR

A 70

B 68

C 65

D 62

E 21

I'm not sure average starter would be that different than median starter. I guess it would depend how deep in the rankings we are talking about. Average would probably be a bit higher baseline number in most cases.

I like having the baseline set to a specific player. That player's value shows as zero on the overall rankings, so you know exactly what players were over or under Player X as the baseline comparison point.

Projections updated a day early! Everyone can run the update now. Thanks for the extra hours Krueger :mad:

Thanks for the early update! I have my 3rd league draft tomorrow evening right after work and was hoping to get it. I think it's been 4 years I've been using this tool and have finished 3rd place or higher every year in my main league! The only negative about your program is that it's so good I want to tell everyone and keep it a secret at the same time! :-) The sound effects in the draft buddy are always a crowd pleaser.

Projections updated a day early! Everyone can run the update now. Thanks for the extra hours Krueger :banana:

Here's hoping you update tonight or tomorrow as your schedule says. I have a draft tomorrow night (9/5) and another Wednesday night (9/6), so I'll need it. Thanks.

Should be late tonight or tomorrow morning Drav.