Sign in to follow this  
Ravens 03

Serious Soccer question - World Cup sorta

What does playing with a yellow card mean [starting a game]?

I know if you get 2 yellows in 1 game = that's a red and you are gone.

But what's the deal with starting a game with a yellow from the prior game?

Does a yellow the the next game mean you can continue in that game but miss teh other?

Help!

TIA

if you get 2 yellow cards in the same game, the 2nd yellow, automatically turns to a red card, so you get kicked out of the game, and you can t play the next game either (but your team can replace you in the next game, so its not as if your team starts the game off 11 on 10)

if someone got a yellow card in the first game, then gets a yellow card in the second game, you can still finish the second game, but you wont be able to play in the 3rd game ofthe first round (example 2 of the ghana strikers got their 2nd yellows yesterday, were able to finish the game against the czechs, but they won t be able to play against the USA this week.

i believe that everyone gets a clean slate after the first round, and you get to go into the knockout round with no cards hanging over you, but i'm really not sure.

here's a better question that i have. say a guy gets a yellow card the first game, then a yellow card in the 3rd game, what happens to that guy for the first game of the second room? can he play or not?

Thanks.

I thought that you get a clean slate by having a clean game - whether you play or not.

Thus, yellow in 1 with a clean 2nd game - gets you clean into #3, but with the yellow in the 3rd - you carry that into the next game - #4 [even if it is a 2nd rounder].

JMHO.

with the ease they give out yellow cards it's a complete joke.

more reasons to hate soccer. <_<

The way it works is if you pick up a second yellow in the last game and your team qualifies for the next round, you have to sit out that game.

In other words, Onyewu got a yellow in game 1, if he picks up a yellow against Ghana and the US qualifies for round 2 against Brazil, he can't play. If he is able to avoid a yellow in the next game, his slate (along with everyone else carrying one yellow in group play) gets wiped clean.

The 2 yellows = 1 suspension applies to the knockout rounds as well. Michael Ballack of Germany missed the 2002 Final because he picked up two yellow cards during the knockout rounds, the second in the seim-finals.

The way it works is if you pick up a second yellow in the last game and your team qualifies for the next round, you have to sit out that game.

In other words, Onyewu got a yellow in game 1, if he picks up a yellow against Ghana and the US qualifies for round 2 against Brazil, he can't play. If he is able to avoid a yellow in the next game, his slate (along with everyone else carrying one yellow in group play) gets wiped clean.

The 2 yellows = 1 suspension applies to the knockout rounds as well. Michael Ballack of Germany missed the 2002 Final because he picked up two yellow cards during the knockout rounds, the second in the seim-finals.

Wow I did not realize that. That is crazy, they are passing out those yellow cards like candy. I guess thats why I watch football instead of futbol.