Sign in to follow this  
lambert58

uh, oh....

Every manager of the company has been summoned to the corporate offices for a mandatory meeting next Thursday and Friday..

My guess is we have either bought someone or been bought by someone... Either way I could be Focked! :thumbsup:

Every manager of the company has been summoned to the corporate offices for a mandatory meeting next Thursday and Friday..

My guess is we have either bought someone or been bought by someone... Either way I could be Focked! :thumbsup:

My guess is been bought. Generally if you've bought someone, there is wind of it, especially to the managers prior to any big meeting. If you're being bought, they work extra hard at keeping that one under wraps until the deal is closed. I know, I've been there..... :wall:

But either way, yup, your focked! ;)

The only other hope you could have is that the company is undergoing some serious financial issues and the budgets will be cut back quite a bit which usually means eliminating some positions, cuting costs where ever possible and no raises for the next decade....

Good Luck Dude!

My guess is been bought. Generally if you've bought someone, there is wind of it, especially to the managers prior to any big meeting. If you're being bought, they work extra hard at keeping that one under wraps until the deal is closed. I know, I've been there..... :wall:

But either way, yup, your focked! ;)

The only other hope you could have is that the company is undergoing some serious financial issues and the budgets will be cut back quite a bit which usually means eliminating some positions, cuting costs where ever possible and no raises for the next decade....

Good Luck Dude!

Thanks. I am leaning towards we have been bought out. The company is financially strong but we were bought by a holding company 1-1/2 ago. Our profits have been record highs so we look great to a potential buyer. My one saving grace is my Region has the largest sales growth over 2 of the last 3 years; the downside is my region is still the lowest sales doller region in the company.

I went through this several years back when my previous company was bought out by a competitor. I was lucky but most of the guys I worked with were let go. :(

The bright side will be that my Non-Compete will no longer be in effect. :thumbsup:

Thanks. I am leaning towards we have been bought out. The company is financially strong but we were bought by a holding company 1-1/2 ago. Our profits have been record highs so we look great to a potential buyer. My one saving grace is my Region has the largest sales growth over 2 of the last 3 years; the downside is my region is still the lowest sales doller region in the company.

I went through this several years back when my previous company was bought out by a competitor. I was lucky but most of the guys I worked with were let go. :(

The bright side will be that my Non-Compete will no longer be in effect. :lol:

Well, kudos to you for being able to look on the bright side. :thumbsup:

The bright side will be that my Non-Compete will no longer be in effect. :thumbsup:

Don't worry, most non-competes are not worth the paper they are printed on. Sort of like pre-nups in that regard.

Don't worry, most non-competes are not worth the paper they are printed on. Sort of like pre-nups in that regard.

Ours are pretty air-tight. I have had lawyers look at it in the past and they say I am focked.... My company has won 22 of 22 lawsuits regarding the non-compete.

But if the company has new owners.... :thumbsup:

Ours are pretty air-tight. I have had lawyers look at it in the past and they say I am focked.... My company has won 22 of 22 lawsuits regarding the non-compete.

But if the company has new owners.... :thumbsup:

Like pre-nups, non-competes are dependent upon your state. There are also differences between non-competes (very constrictive to the employee and frowned upon in some states) and non-solicitations (easier to have enforced across the board).

It also depends upon your job and industry. Where I work, it is not worth the cost to enforce a non-compete. If you are talking about science, pharm or patent situations, it is a totally different game. You sound like you fall into that category.