Sign in to follow this  
Guest fantasyfreak64

Defenses

Defenses  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these defenses is poised to have the biggest turnaround in 2006?

• Buffalo
    • Houston
    • St.Louis
    • Cincinnati
    • Kansas City
    • San Francisco

Guest fantasyfreak64

any comments? these could be sleepers :banana:

wow! buffalo was one of the top defenses 2 years ago and i believe with a weaker schedule they might climb back into the elite.

Tough call, as bad as Buffalo was last year, and as much as KC has improved. I wonder at the votes for the Bengals though. What do you know that I dont?

In any event, the biggest turnaround will be Atlanta, which has quality defensive personnel, but finished in the 20's last year.

J

Kansas City or Buffalo. I remember some rating BUF as #1 heading into last season. :huh:

I have been watching the Giants offseason moves, and draft, with interest. IMHO, they will be a defense that surprises this year.

Then again, people were laughing at me for drafting the Bears defense at all last year :huh: :D ;)

I wonder at the votes for the Bengals though. What do you know that I dont?

The votes for the Bengals (mine included) rest on the determination of a defensive-minded head coach to see a more aggressive, more effective defense. Cincinnati improved last year, specifically in turnovers and sacks, play-disrupting activity. My feeling is that they have the talent, and are improving it, and Marvin Lewis is going to continue to inundate that team with his mindset. That defense is going to get tougher and better as they play together more, especially under that leadership. :P

Im not sure who else Cinci has signed (maybe some safteys) but I know Sam Adams isn't going to be what everyone thinks he's going to be.

He's on the downside of his career. Maybe he's better than what you had last year but at least for the Bills he was lazy and never on the field.

Buffalo's d could shock alot of people this year, like said they were 2nd the year before last. They did draft well. First 5 picks were d'

Had to throw out some love for my niners. Got nowhere to go but up. I think their D will improve just from being on the field less and hopefully having less injuries than last year.

Although they are not on the list, I like Cleveland's defense as a potential sleeper.

I'll second this, as well as Cleveland overall.

J

Just a hunch, but I think Atlanta may be the sleeper defense of the year. They picked up Abraham, who will only be playing 70% of the time in their system. He will be fresh the entire year. In NY, he was on the field over 92% of the time. That's WAY too much.

Hartwell will be back from injury.

Milloy will be a great center-fielder.

If they stay even remotely healthy, they will be a top 6-8 fantasy defense.