Sign in to follow this  
XToday

Rookie WR Derek Hagan- Miami

WR Derek Hagan was generally considered the 4th-best WR prospect in this year's draft, and he went to the Dolphins. Besides Chad Jackson, he is the only of the top few prospects to 'fit' the physical profile of what a starting WR should be. The guy lit it up in college...

...but yet many scouts don't think he can translate on the next level. They say he can't seperate, or that he drops too many catchable balls. But then you hear a completely contradictory opinion elsewhere. I've heard sporadic rumors that he's in the running for the #3 WR spot in Miami, and may crack the starting lineup by next year opposite Chambers (Booker doesn't impress me). I've seen him regularly drafted in the 2nd round of dynasty rookie drafts, but in others, he slips to the 3rd or beyond. What's the deal? Is he just another average rookie WR prospect, or is he worth drafting mid-2nd round?

Stone Hands! He will be dropping Culpepper's crappy passes all night.

He went late 3rd to early 4th round of our rookie draft last month.

Correct, he is the second coming of Roberto Duran. Maybe he just shows up when the lights go on. He dropped a lot of balls during the combine/Senior Bowl.

Being on the West Coast and seeing a lot of the Pac-10... he has always impressed me. I think past Santonio (off the field issues aside) he has the best chance of actually producing something fantasy worthy this year (disclaimer, for some reason/gut feeling I am not sold on Chad Jackson). He is supposed to have incredible work ethic and be a fairly polished route runner. He does drop some balls, but so does TO... and DJax is a great comparison that I can think of. With the Dolphins on the up and up, I would definitely stash him in a dynasty and take a vvery late round flyer on him in redrafts.

Being on the West Coast and seeing a lot of the Pac-10... he has always impressed me. I think past Santonio (off the field issues aside) he has the best chance of actually producing something fantasy worthy this year (disclaimer, for some reason/gut feeling I am not sold on Chad Jackson). He is supposed to have incredible work ethic and be a fairly polished route runner. He does drop some balls, but so does TO... and DJax is a great comparison that I can think of. With the Dolphins on the up and up, I would definitely stash him in a dynasty and take a vvery late round flyer on him in redrafts.

While I agree he has the capabilities, I think the big difference between TO and DJax is that both these guys are the primary WR's on their teams. DJAX, even with KR in there, was the primary target with KR being the possession guy who could go deep. Good comparison on drops and build though....

In Miami, Chambers will be the primary target this year and for years to come with his combination of size, speed and playmaking abilities.

I would draft Hagan as future potential as a 2nd WR, but not as a source of real FF production as a starter.

While I agree he has the capabilities, I think the big difference between TO and DJax is that both these guys are the primary WR's on their teams. DJAX, even with KR in there, was the primary target with KR being the possession guy who could go deep. Good comparison on drops and build though....

In Miami, Chambers will be the primary target this year and for years to come with his combination of size, speed and playmaking abilities.

I would draft Hagan as future potential as a 2nd WR, but not as a source of real FF production as a starter.

I completely agree with you. I wasn't saying he was going to have DJax or TO type numbers... just saying that dropped balls are paret of the game :P As far as fantasy value... I think that this year he could have some value as an injury replacement/bye week filler.

As for the future... I also think he could end up as a vey nice compliment to Culpep, Chambers and Brown