Sign in to follow this  
J5

Give me your top 11 rb's

This one goes to 11. I am interested in knowing how everyone here ranks the top 11 rb's right now going into next season. Obviously these rankings will change but what are your thoughts right now. At the moment I have them ranked:

Alexander: Toss up between he and LJ, but the consistency wins out.

LJ: Guy was a beast the second half of the year, a new head coach and oc shouldn't effect him

LT: Rivers at the helm should both help and hurt him in certain situations. he will get the carries but teams will likely load up the box against him

Portis: Saunders should help him alot.

Barber: he is no longer underrated. Age is an issue but he just gets it done in all areas. Will hopefully get some goal line carries

Edge: I put him here with alot of apprehension. This is more based on what he has done in the past but I have severe questions in taking him. The o-line is not good in Arizona and he is one very likely Kurt Warner injury away from having a rookie qb lead his team. The wr's and easy division however help him out.

Jordan: Tough call between him and the next 4 to be honest. His ability to catch the ball, or at least have it thrown to him helps his numbers a ton so does the expected renewed interest in the ground game, a healthy Moss, and the fact that he doesn't come out on passing downs

Cadillac Williams: I think if this guy stays healthy he is going to be very good. Questions about sharing carries with Pittman

Rudi Johnson: Great numbers the past two years and a very potent offense. Perry and a very tough division drop him down.

Ronnie Brown: I think he could be huge this year depending on who they bring in to back him up and how much they split carries. He is an every down back.

Steven Jackson: Needs to be more consistent but has everything he needs to be successful.

1) Shaun Alexander

2) Larry Johnson

3) LaDainian Tomlinson

4) Clinton Portis

5) Rudi Johnson

6) Steven Jackson

7) Tiki Barber

8) Edgerrin James

9) Ronnie Brown

10) Lamont Jordan

11) Cadillac Williams

PPR:

1) LaDainian Tomlinson

2) Larry Johnson

3) Shaun Alexander

4) Tiki Barber

5) Clinton Portis

6) Lamont Jordan

7) Brian Westbrook

8) Edgerrin James

9) Steven Jackson

10) Rudi Johnson

11) Kevin Jones

non-PPR:

1) Larry Johnson

2) LaDainian Tomlinson

3) Shaun Alexander

4) Clinton Portis

5) Tiki Barber

6) Rudi Johnson

7) Steven Jackson

8) Lamont Jordan

9) Edgerrin James

10) Jamal Lewis

11) Cadillac Williams

PPR Format (tiered):

1. LJ - he's the king until someone proves otherwise.

2. Alexander - losing Hutch may hurt but everything else is in place.

3. LT - Losing Brees is worse than losing Hutch IMO.

4. Portis - The planets are aligned for a monster season (love the Al Saunders hire).

5. Tiki - Only age can slow him and that is probably a year or two off still.

6. LJordan - Scored well in a dog offense that should improve and for now has NOBODY pushing him for PT.

7. Steven Jackson - Should get the ball 300+ times.

8. Edge - Tempted to drop him a tier. Don't like that OL, Green's love of the pass and the threat of Leinart. Even so, he's a stud who will produce.

9. Ronnie Brown - Has the potential to be higher than this. I wouldn't be surprised if he outperformed Edge.

10. Rudi Johnson - Depends a lot on the Perry effect but his style ensures a good deal of production.

Non-PPR

1. LJ

2. Alexander

3. LT

4. Portis

5. Barber

6. SJax

7. Rudi

8. Jordan

9. Edge

10. RBrown

PPR:

1. LJ

2. LT

3. SA

4. Tiki

5. Portis

6. Edge

7. L. Jordan

8. Dom Davis

9. Westbrook

10. Sjacks

11. RBrown/Caddy

Non PPR

1. LJ

2. SA

3. LT

4. Tiki

5. Portis

6. Edge

7. Rudi Johnson

8. Dom Davis

9. Sjacks

10. L Jordan

11. RBrown/Caddy

Larry Johnson

Shaun Alexander

Ladainian Tomlinson

Clinton Portis

Tiki Barber

Lamont Jordan

Steven Jackson

Edgerin James

Rudi Johnson

Ronnie Brown

Cadillac Williams

1. Shaun Alexander-Easiest Rushing Schedule, Nuff Said!

2. Ladanian Tomlinson-Rivers will not be as big a factor as many think.

3. Larry Johnson-Willie Roafs possible retirement or injury will be a huge blow to the running game

4. Clinton Portis-I'd rate higher if the division wasn't the toughest.

5. Steven Jackson-If new coach sticks to running game as stated, he will be huge.

6. Rudi Johnson-Best Offensive Line in the NFL, Perry hurting helps.

7. Edgerrin James-Would be at 6, if not questions on Offensive Line

8. Tiki Barber-Toughest Schedule, over 30 years old, Brandon Jacobs will get more touches.

9. Cadillac Williams-Better than Ronnie Brown, better Coach in Gruden

10. Ronnie Brown-All depends on Culpepper, Joey will not help.

11. Lamont Jordan-O-line sucks, but will compensate with receiving stats.

Top 11:

1. Ladainian Tomlinson (SD)

2. Shaun Alexander (SEA)

3. Larry Johnson (KC)

4. Clinton Portis (WAS)

5. Tiki Barber (NYG)

6. Edgerrin James (ARI)

7. Steven Jackson (STL)

8. Rudi Johnson (CIN)

9. LaMont Jordan (OAK)

10. Ronnie Brown (MIA)

11. Carnell Williams (TB)

Just Missing:

Brian Westbrook (PHI), Domanick Davis (HOU).

Extras:

LaMont Jordan hurt by Fargas.

Carnell Williams hurt by TD Vultures.

Based on these results, I see Dom Davis having a lot of value this year. Only one poster has him cracking the top 11.

1. Clinton Portis- Yes, I have man wood for the guy. The addition of Al Saunders and some serioud WR depth puts this guy on target to be this years #1 fantasy back. Remember that you heard it here first...

2. Larry Johnson- I don't think he will put up the monster numbers that everyone is projecting based on last season but no one will be sorry to take him 1st or 2nd

3. Ladanian Tomlinson- Some think that LT will fall off in production because of the new QB, I disagree. I think not only will he get more carries, he will see a lot of passes dumped his way and like usual, he will have a ton of receptions and receiving yards to pad his stats.

4. Rudi Johnson- This guy is really coming into his own and this is the year he moves into the fantasy elite. Out with the old, in with the new..... he has a nose for the end zone and can pound the ball. Chris Perry doesn't worry me one bit.

5. Shaun Alexander- OK, don't start flamming me with hate, Alexander is due for a let down. He is getting older, he has taken a pounding, he just signed a fat contract and the Seahawks are coming off of a Super Bowl trip. Those things spell disaster to me. I am not saying the guy won't break a thousand yards, just that he wont put up the same monster numbers as last year.

6. Edge James- I am not expecting the huge drop in numbers that some people are expecting from Edge since he landed in Az. I think he will be just as productive as he was in Indy, but just like in Indy, the WR will keep him out of the end zone.

7. Ronnie Brown- The new breed is here and they are going to put some pressure on the fantasy elite. Ronnie Brown will really come into his own this season and not only will he break the century mark for rushing, he will become a force in the endzone and knock out double digit touchdowns.

8. Tiki Barber- Tiki is getting old. There is no way around it. I am not projecting that Tiki will fall off the map, but Tiki is going to take a step back......even though the guy is still a top ten back for at least two or three more years, he is going to start to show some signs of age. His schedule isn't doing him any favors either.

9. Caddillac Williams- love this guy. He will be a top ten back for the next ten years. Caddy will follow up a stellar rookie season with another great season that will keep him in the top ten.

10. Willis McGahee- A lot of people are forgetting about this guy but I am not. I think he has some serious talent and I think no matter who ends up being the QB, he will succeed. McGahee started to beleive his own hype there for a while and it cost him. A disappointing season hopefully brought him back down to earth.

11. Julius Jones- Please stay healthy, please stay healthy. I think if this guy could finish a full season he would be mentioned in the same breath with the top 5 guys in the league, only problem is that is a BIG if. I would love to see Julius and Kevin Jones both finish the season healthy and happy and get the old rushing rivalry of Emmitt VS Barry back on the map.

Just missed:

Steven Jackson- This guy doesn't impress me at all. Everyone thinks he didnt get the ball enough last season, well here is a news flash, he did. (254 Carries ranks him 17th in the NFL) He just didnt do anything impressive with it once he got it even though he did have a 4.1 YPC average. A new coach and a new system may help but I want to see it first before I put him in my top 11.

Lamont Jordan- sure he was pretty good last season. His stats are a little deceptive though. He was horrible on the ground but made up for it through the air with a ton of receptions. His offensive coordinator and head coach have been out of coaching for a long time. Jordan's 3.8 YPC average did nothing for me and with a different offensive scheme in place, he wont see nearly as many receptions.

Bryan Westbrook- Westy is a stuf in a PPR league but the guy just cant stay healthy. If this list went to twelve, he would be #12 on my list. I expect his numbers to be right back up at the top this season and he will probably catch 60 balls by the time the season is over.

Warrick Dunn, the little engine that could. People always forget about this guy and every season, he just shows up and gives it all he has. Last season, he finished 8th with 1400+ yards but his lack of goal line touches really cost his owners some points. He is the only guy on this list that you may still have a shot at in the 4th round.....

I know some of my predictions may be a little out there but I like to think outside of the box.

Based on these results, I see Dom Davis having a lot of value this year. Only one poster has him cracking the top 11.

Davis's knee problem really scares me away from him. Maybe we will have a better indication of his true condition after training camps get rolling. It is going to cost a low first-high second to get this guy and with a huge question mark over his head, I would be really leery of taking him that high. JMHO

Obviously you need to keep an eye on such things. But the fact that the team passed on Jeggie Bush suggests, to me at least, they can't be too concerned.

PPR

1. LT

2. LJ

3. SA

4. Portis

5. Brown

6. Tiki

7. Jordan

8. Edge

9. Rudi

10. Jackson

11. Cadillac

non-PPR

1. LJ

2. LT

3. SA

4. Portis

5. Brown

6. Edge

7. Tiki

8. Rudi

9. Jordan

10. Jackson

11. Cadillac

8. Tiki Barber- Tiki is getting old. There is no way around it. I am not projecting that Tiki will fall off the map, but Tiki is going to take a step back......even though the guy is still a top ten back for at least two or three more years, he is going to start to show some signs of age. His schedule isn't doing him any favors either.

Curious, what signs have you seen that he is losing something cause of age? If Tiki averaged 8.75 more yards a game last year he would have hit 2,000 yards! Not to mention that 500 yards receiving on top of that is a guarantee!

Only downfall to Tiki is Jacobs the goaline vulchar. But Tikis is the best overall yardage RB in the NFL.

1. Alexander

2. LJ

3. LT

4. Barber

5. Edge

6. Jackson

7. Portis

8. Brown

9. Jordan

10. Rudi

11. D. Williams-At least I hope

1. Alexander, Shaun

2. Tomlinson, LaDainian

3. Johnson, Larry

4. Barber, Tiki

5. Portis, Clinton

6. Jordan, LaMont

7. James, Edgerrin

8. Jackson, Steven

9. Johnson, Rudi

10. Williams, Cadillac

11. Brown, Ronnie

LJ - amazing

LT - healthy again

Portis - only gonna get better

Alexander - I actually think he'll fall even more - cant ignore the madden curse

Rudi - big year here

Sjax - real break out year

Tiki - Jaccobs will hurt

Edge - yards will be fine TDs wont - 9 max

Westbrook - could be 800 / and 600 and maybe 10 tds

Brown - should be a rock but unproven (see KJs second year)

Julius Jones - when healthy, rediculous

Jordan - rushing will go up, receiving will go down

Dom - he'll miss a couple of games as always

Caddy - maynot crack 8 tds.. he'll ge thte big runs though (would you use him over alstot on the goaline..no)

Wish I had my crystal ball, but I don't. I thought I'd mix it up a little.

Non-ppr

1. LJ - 1st he'll try to break the all time record for consecutive 100 yard rushing games. (5 more to tie Barry, 6 to break.) Then he'll go for the all time rushing record of 2105 rushing yards by Dickerson. Then maybe he'll break Shaun's fresh TD record. Running behind that line, who knows what the ceiling could be this year. Edwards might run him into the ground, but I'll worry about that next year. He didn't seem to tire out last year after 300+ carries when he ran for 200 against Cincy. :bench:

2. LT - 1st Shaun and Larry stole his thunder last year, now here comes the Michael Jordan of football, Reggie Bush. I think LT has a couple more huge years left and something to prove. Too bad he doesn't have LJ's line.

3. Portis - I wouldn't be surprised at 2000 total yards and 15-18 TD's. Saunders going to Washington was huge. Adding Lloyd and Randle El was a nice touch too. Hopefully they can get Brunell to eke out most of this year. :banana:

4. Shaun - This guy got everything he wanted last year. The TD record. Holmgren didn't "stab him in the back" so he got his rushing title. Then, in the 1st playoff game he goes 6 carries for 9 yards. Oh yeah, he was "concussed". More like he got a lickin put on him and he panicked about his contract. Fortunately for him the Hawks went to the Super Bowl and the Washington game was forgotten. Finally, he got his big contract. He's still a great back, but with the loss of Hutch and nothing more to play for I think his stats fall back to pre-2004 level. Still elite, but I think Portis will pass him up.

5. Tiki - Love this guy. It doesn't seem to matter that he now loses the goal line carries. People are going to pay the price one of these years when he finally falls off. However, how can you not take him at #5?

6. Rudi - Solid since he got his chance in 2003. Very safe pick.

Get's a little murky from here. Edge started at 7 and fell the more thought I put into it.

7. S Jackson - Until Bulger jacks up his shoulder again, there should be plenty of running lanes in Linehan's offense.

8. Jordan - His stats didn't look pretty, but fantasy-wise was a top 5 back until he got injured at the end of the season. He won't have as many receiving yards, but he should get 300+ carries.

9. Edge - I just can't see how he's going to put up great stats in Arizona. He's got an awful lot of mileage on those tires. He averaged 4.2 ypc last year in Indy, what does that mean in the desert? 3.5 ypc? Edge looking for running room. --> :cry: That O-line is not that much better than the horrible one from last year and the 2006 Warner is not Peyton. Although I might gamble a couple bucks on the former in my auction league this year...but that's for another thread.

10. Brown - I'm really high on Ronnie this year. I think he could leap a bunch of these guys, but I want to see it before I move him up too high.

11. Cadillac - I probably would have had him higher, but ouch look at that schedule. :lol:

PPR

LT- Steady and safe

Alex.- Steady and safe

LJ- Just a hunch 1 snowflake does not make a storm (last year)

Tiki- Keeps on keeping on

Portis- Everything looks all set

Jordan-Very promising

Edge- Still a stud

Sjax- Total package

Rudi- Not a receiver

Westy- Go to guy in Philly

Caddy-Stud potential

1. L.Johnson

2. LT2

3. Alexander

4. Portis

5. L.Jordan

6. Rudi

7. Tiki

8. D.Davis

9. Westbrook

10. S.Jackson

11. Edge

I'd rate them like this:

1. Shaun Alexander

2. Larry Johnson

3. LaDainian Tomlinson

4. Tiki Barber

5. Clinton Portis

6. LaMont Jordan

7. Edgerrin James

8. Carnell Williams

9. Rudi Johnson

10. Steven Jackson

Guest fantasyfreak64

would you say Westbrook is a good #1 or #2? gimme predictions

1-lj

2-sa

3-lt

4-edge

5-barber

6-portis

7-cadillac

8-jordan

9-westbrook

10-sjackson

11-rbrown

Curious, what signs have you seen that he is losing something cause of age? If Tiki averaged 8.75 more yards a game last year he would have hit 2,000 yards! Not to mention that 500 yards receiving on top of that is a guarantee!

Only downfall to Tiki is Jacobs the goaline vulchar. But Tikis is the best overall yardage RB in the NFL.

His age is the only thing that concerns me. Sure he was great last year but so was Curtis Martin two years ago. Age eventually catches up with RB.

would you say Westbrook is a good #1 or #2? gimme predictions

i'd say about 850-950 yds rushing and 500-600 yds rushing and should hit 10 tds