Sign in to follow this  
lickin_starfish

Trash Day

I woke up too late to take my trash can to the curb. Now my garbage will sit out in the summer heat for a week, and it will surely be a heaping pile of maggots by next Monday. I feel sorry for my garbage men.

I had this ongoing thing at our last place with the recycle guy. He'd come at 9:30 am, which was no biggie, I'd get up and take stuff out at 7:30 or so on my way out to work.

THen one morning I was up early and heard a garbage truck. It was the recycle guy at about 7 am. So I rush around and get the bin out to him right at our stop. Many missed him that day.

Each week he'd start coming earlier like it was a game to make people miss. Most times I would put stuff out the night before, but wind, rain, etc was the determining factor.

I swear this kid was trying to be a pain in the ass and at the end was picking up at 6:05.

One morning, I got up early to take it out because it had been pouring and get half way down the drive and he blows by me to the next stop. I yell down to him and he takes off. I know he has to return down our street so I wait. He sees me oon the way back trying to waive him down and goes past again.

We've since moved and the garbage guy comes at 6ish as well. We have huge rental bins I roll out so the night before is not problem now.

I woke up too late to take my trash can to the curb. Now my garbage will sit out in the summer heat for a week, and it will surely be a heaping pile of maggots by next Monday. I feel sorry for my garbage men.

if the rats dont get to it first.

what a tool

heavy-set = garbage man

i think they prefer to be called sanitation engineers, either way, iam neither.

Do what I do - put it out back of the neighbors on vacation.