Sign in to follow this  
Phil Football1

Daunte Culpepper

Any news on our fallen star? All i've got is this

Dolphins head coach Nick Saban updated reporters on the status of Daunte Culpepper's knee reabilitation. "From a quarterback standpoint, Daunte (Culpepper) has picked up the system extremely well. It’s a very similar system to what he has been involved in. He’s doing very well physically," Saban said. "You’re going to ask me if I’m surprised by what he’s doing. I’m not surprised. You might be surprised, but I’m not surprised because I see him every day. Does he still have work to do? Absolutely. Are we ready to make any predictions about his future? Not really, because that’s all day-to-day and week-to-week and hopefully he’ll continue to make the kind of progress that he’s made."

In typical Saban fashion, his next statement was loaded with a bunch of, well, nothing. "The doctors have told us that what he needs to do right now is things that he needs to do at his position," Saban explained. "That he has the strength and stability to do everything that he needs to do at his position and the best part, the next step of his rehab, would be to do things that he does at his position and play his position. Even if he may not be 100 percent in terms of his mobility or movement, it’s still the best rehab for him right now as well as the rest of what he does in his rehab to continue to develop." Hmmm...thanks Nick.

Will he stable for Week 1's nationaly televised opener? Will he explosde? Your thoughts.

Any news on our fallen star? All i've got is this

Dolphins head coach Nick Saban updated reporters on the status of Daunte Culpepper's knee reabilitation. "From a quarterback standpoint, Daunte (Culpepper) has picked up the system extremely well. It’s a very similar system to what he has been involved in. He’s doing very well physically," Saban said. "You’re going to ask me if I’m surprised by what he’s doing. I’m not surprised. You might be surprised, but I’m not surprised because I see him every day. Does he still have work to do? Absolutely. Are we ready to make any predictions about his future? Not really, because that’s all day-to-day and week-to-week and hopefully he’ll continue to make the kind of progress that he’s made."

In typical Saban fashion, his next statement was loaded with a bunch of, well, nothing. "The doctors have told us that what he needs to do right now is things that he needs to do at his position," Saban explained. "That he has the strength and stability to do everything that he needs to do at his position and the best part, the next step of his rehab, would be to do things that he does at his position and play his position. Even if he may not be 100 percent in terms of his mobility or movement, it’s still the best rehab for him right now as well as the rest of what he does in his rehab to continue to develop." Hmmm...thanks Nick.

Will he stable for Week 1's nationaly televised opener? Will he explosde? Your thoughts.

blah, blah, blah, everything is Christmas eve in football land until Week 1 of the regular season; at which time the Christmas bills come in the mail . . .

DC will be lucky to see the field by week 8. If he rushes back on to the field he will re injure his knee. Dolphin fans are in for a rude awakening when they have to play the first 8 weeks with Joey Harrington at the helm.

It would not matter if Culpepper is 100% on week 1. He is done as a fantasy stud. The only question is if he can adjust to being a true NFL pocket QB when he actually does play.

DC will be lucky to see the field by week 8. If he rushes back on to the field he will re injure his knee. Dolphin fans are in for a rude awakening when they have to play the first 8 weeks with Joey Harrington at the helm.

I don't think week 8 is accurate. I'd say week 3.

It would not matter if Culpepper is 100% on week 1. He is done as a fantasy stud. The only question is if he can adjust to being a true NFL pocket QB when he actually does play.

Im not a Culpepper fan and I think he's way overrated, but if he gets trust in Chambers, I dont think he's done as a fantasy stud at all. I think Chambers, Booker, Hagan, and McMichael can all really boost Cpeps numbers....And barring any set backs I dont think he'll really have to be a true pocket QB. He's already running around and diving on loose balls like an idiot...Still a long way from the season though.

Shocking that this is coming from Dr. Smizzy a self proclaimed Jets fan.

Tell us Dr Smizzy, can noodle armed Pennington lift a pencil yet?

Done as a stud, What is your definition of a stud? In Minnesota I think he threw from the pocket quite well. Maybe your confusing him with Vick. He is not a stud and can't pass from the pocket. That said.........then I believe you.

Culpepper is already scouting out charter boat rides with South Beach prostitutes. He will fit in just fine in Miami.

p.s. he will not be ready until mid season. Dolphins fans will get to enjoy Harrington for a while. Can't wait.

Done as a stud, What is your definition of a stud? In Minnesota I think he threw from the pocket quite well. Maybe your confusing him with Vick. He is not a stud and can't pass from the pocket. That said.........then I believe you.

A stud IMO is a guy who is a top 5 lock. Sure he did well in Minny, WITH MOSS. Without him he was lost, as many predicted he would be. I see no reason to elevate him to 2004 status simply because his name is the same. This year will mean nothing, the true test will be in 2007 when he is fully healthy. I just don't see him as a top 5 lock anymore.

May 24, 2006 -

Coach Saban told the media that Daunte Culpepper has done more than the coaching staff ever thought he would at this point in terms of his physical ability. He has been cleared to do the things he needs to do at his position, such as taking three-, five- and seven-step drops, handing the ball off on some of the zone plays and dropping back to pass. This has been described as the next part of his rehab. Coach Saban said he is very pleased with Culpepper’s progress and that he is not inhibited from doing the things he needs to do at his position.

June 10th article -

http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pres...18&lid=4518

Even if he does come back for week 1, he's not going to be the QB he was in Minny. He'll definitely run less to protect that knee, and he's not much of a pocket QB. Take away his one big year in 2004, and his stats aren't too impressive. People will draft him high because of his past and Chambers, but I think he'll disappoint.

What's different between now and last year with Minny, when he was awful? Maybe his WR's are better, but he also has to learn a new system. I'm staying away from him on draft day unless he falls far and I can pick him up as a QB2, which won't happen.

Even if he does come back for week 1, he's not going to be the QB he was in Minny. He'll definitely run less to protect that knee, and he's not much of a pocket QB. Take away his one big year in 2004, and his stats aren't too impressive. People will draft him high because of his past and Chambers, but I think he'll disappoint.

What's different between now and last year with Minny, when he was awful? Maybe his WR's are better, but he also has to learn a new system. I'm staying away from him on draft day unless he falls far and I can pick him up as a QB2, which won't happen.

excellent post . . . he will run alot less, and that was key to his top three fantasy status in years past . . .