Sign in to follow this  
burdsheet

how do you draft?

IMO, you've got to draft the best RB out there in the 1st round, regardless if you have the first or last pick. But how do you draft the other rounds? I know some people take the best players available. Last year, I had very good success with spreading my picks over the positions of RB, QB, and WR. I think last year I drafted, RB, WR, QB, RB, QB, WR so that I at least 2 quality players in these positions. What do you think about drafting RB, RB, RB in the first 3 rounds? It obviously depends on who's out there at the time, but I don't like neglecting the other positions like that.

As it sits now, if I draft 1-3, I'll likely be forced into going Rb, Wr, Rb, Rb. If I draft 10-12, it will surely be Rb, Rb, WR, WR. Now if I draft 5-8, which is where I want to be, I will go Rb, Rb, Rb, WR. Remember, the above predictions are based on targets I feel I can attain. If those targets get taken, I will have to fall back to plan B. What about picks 4 and 9????? Those picks are gonna be very interesting through the first 4 rounds or so. The owners with those picks are gonna be the ones who shift this draft, and play spoiler. (atleast as far as my draft scenarios go)

My drafting theory is based upon having 3 backs in the first 5 rounds. This year is gonna be a good year to snag three in the first three rounds, if you draft in the middle. I love the depth at Wr, and feel there is gonna be an advantage to be had as others struggle to fill out there backfields in rounds 3-6.

As it sits now, if I draft 1-3, I'll likely be forced into going Rb, Wr, Rb, Rb. If I draft 10-12, it will surely be Rb, Rb, WR, WR. Now if I draft 5-8, which is where I want to be, I will go Rb, Rb, Rb, WR. Remember, the above predictions are based on targets I feel I can attain. If those targets get taken, I will have to fall back to plan B. What about picks 4 and 9????? Those picks are gonna be very interesting through the first 4 rounds or so. The owners with those picks are gonna be the ones who shift this draft, and play spoiler. (atleast as far as my draft scenarios go)

My drafting theory is based upon having 3 backs in the first 5 rounds. This year is gonna be a good year to snag three in the first three rounds, if you draft in the middle. I love the depth at Wr, and feel there is gonna be an advantage to be had as others struggle to fill out there backfields in rounds 3-6.

Yeah, i'm thinking of going RB, RB, RB as well. My strategy last year of getting a good QB, RB, and WR in the first few rounds worked well, but my problem was that my depth at RB was kind of lacking after LT and Tiki (tiki wasn't even that great because he got screwed out of TD's). I ended up using WR as flex players more often than my RB because I had much more WR depth. Like you said, there's more depth at WR. I think i'm going to try picking up atleast 2 RB's in the first 3 rounds.

Yeah, i'm thinking of going RB, RB, RB as well. My strategy last year of getting a good QB, RB, and WR in the first few rounds worked well, but my problem was that my depth at RB was kind of lacking after LT and Tiki (tiki wasn't even that great because he got screwed out of TD's). I ended up using WR as flex players more often than my RB because I had much more WR depth. Like you said, there's more depth at WR. I think i'm going to try picking up atleast 2 RB's in the first 3 rounds.

I'm very curious how the hell you had LT and Tiki if you drafted RB,RB let alone RB,WR,QB,RB. Yeah and Tiki wasn't that great, he only had 2000+ yards. :first:

I'm very curious how the hell you had LT and Tiki if you drafted RB,RB let alone RB,WR,QB,RB. Yeah and Tiki wasn't that great, he only had 2000+ yards. :cheers:

Seriously? 4-team league? :cheers: