Sign in to follow this  
Pigskin SkallyWags

ESPN selecting Colts #1 in AFC !

ESPN had Mike Golic and Chris Mortenson picking the top teams in the league and their seedings they picked the Colts to have the best record in the AFC despite losing Edge... Are they nuts? Who in the world is gonna run the ball for them? Dominic Rhodes ?? Anyone ever seen him run he is ok but the man cannot block anyone. We have a rookie coming in that we drafted from LSU but that guy (addai) may not fit in our system. The Colts are a Throw First run Never team and that is why they will never get anywhere... Any think they can actually live up to being a #1 team?? :huh:

I don't see this being a big stretch although they don't have an easy schedule. Many of the other AFC powers had important veteran losses although I do agree that Edge is probably the biggest one. The Colts issue has not been the regular season. They are built to play that style of football. Their issue is playoff football. They're really not built for playoff success and unless the D can get to another level (especially with what looks to be a downgraded ground game) I don't see that changing.

There is no way they will have a better record than Oakland! Or the Pats.

not that bad of a pick as the leader of the AFC... they may have lost edge, but they still have a great o-line and that guy named peyton manning. with him under center they can always be a contender as the top team in the AFC.

not that bad of a pick as the leader of the AFC... they may have lost edge, but they still have a great o-line and that guy named peyton manning. with him under center they can always be a contender as the top team in the AFC.

their o-line actually isnt that great i mean not bad but its not "great". you saw manning complaing about them in the loss against pitt in the playoffs.

I could see them being #1 again. Not to bad, calm down pigskin.....who would you take?

I dont see them being the #1 team... They will win their division. If Palmer is healthy I can see the Bengals being #1. The Colts do play them in December on MNF and that could be significant. We do have Vinetaria now and that will help. The Colts have a rough schedule and I guess we shall see..

their o-line actually isnt that great i mean not bad but its not "great". you saw manning complaing about them in the loss against pitt in the playoffs.

that offensive line has only allowed 48 sacks in the last 3 seasons, and only 17 sacks last year. the colts have a top 3 o-line in the league

I'm not sure if this is serious or not, but...

Addai is a great, great fit for this offense. He has the exact skill set needed, very similar to Edge in that regard. Tough to say how he'll perform, but he is a very good fit.

Sure, they lost Edge, but someone will step up. As potent as the Colts' passing attack it is, it's almost difficult for a RB to not have success.

I dont see them being the #1 team... They will win their division. If Palmer is healthy I can see the Bengals being #1. The Colts do play them in December on MNF and that could be significant. We do have Vinetaria now and that will help. The Colts have a rough schedule and I guess we shall see..

The Bengals have the toughest schedule in the league (tied with the Giants). If the Browns can put it together somewhat, that division will end up like the Big 10 where everyone beats up on everyone else and 10 wins takes it.

The Bengals have the toughest schedule in the league (tied with the Giants). If the Browns can put it together somewhat, that division will end up like the Big 10 where everyone beats up on everyone else and 10 wins takes it.

Not only do they have a tough schedule but they won't be surprising anyone as well. They are no longer a team that opponents could potentially overlook. This year is a huge test for them.