Sign in to follow this  
hecklers

Keeper League ?'s

O.K., here's the deal. I've been in a keeper league now for about 4 years, and I always try and snag the new up-and-coming rookies, rather than draft veterans. This is a 10-team, 16-player setup (keep 6 players) with the usual scoring: td's-6pts, 1pt-10yd rec/rush, 1pt - 25yd pass, etc, etc. Here's my dilemma, I always stay with my veteran RB's, then they get hurt - every year!!! Last year it was Deuce McAllister. Anway, I am ranting. Here's my roster:

QB - Carson Palmer, Michael Vick

RB - Willie Parker, Samkon Gado, Deuce McAllister, JJ Arrington, and Ryan Moats

WR - Deion Branch, Andre Johnson, Brandon Lloyd, and Matt Jones

TE - Kellen Winslow, Randy McMichael

Now I was thinking of keeping Palmer, Parker, McAllister, Jones, Johnson, and Winslow. What do you think? I will pick third in our draft, so I will have some good talent to choose from. However, I am always in the same dilemma - never have solid 1-2 RB's. Let me know. Thanks and sorry if I ranted.

O.K., here's the deal. I've been in a keeper league now for about 4 years, and I always try and snag the new up-and-coming rookies, rather than draft veterans. This is a 10-team, 16-player setup (keep 6 players) with the usual scoring: td's-6pts, 1pt-10yd rec/rush, 1pt - 25yd pass, etc, etc. Here's my dilemma, I always stay with my veteran RB's, then they get hurt - every year!!! Last year it was Deuce McAllister. Anway, I am ranting. Here's my roster:

QB - Carson Palmer, Michael Vick

RB - Willie Parker, Samkon Gado, Deuce McAllister, JJ Arrington, and Ryan Moats

WR - Deion Branch, Andre Johnson, Brandon Lloyd, and Matt Jones

TE - Kellen Winslow, Randy McMichael

Now I was thinking of keeping Palmer, Parker, McAllister, Jones, Johnson, and Winslow. What do you think? I will pick third in our draft, so I will have some good talent to choose from. However, I am always in the same dilemma - never have solid 1-2 RB's. Let me know. Thanks and sorry if I ranted.

I'd keep Palmer and toss the rest back- seriously. That's a very weak team, especially for a 10 team league. I'd focus on this year's draft and try to do some things differently. If you have a decent draft this time around, you could wind up with much better potential keepers. I assume that by keeping 6, you will only be able to draft 10. Maybe you have your reasons for assembling that crew, but personally, I don't see much to build on there.

I'd dump Winslow and keep Vick. Who knows what Winslow will do and there's always the questions about Palmer's knee.

Now I was thinking of keeping Palmer, Parker, McAllister, Jones, Johnson, and Winslow. What do you think? I will pick third in our draft, so I will have some good talent to choose from.

Thinking you will have "good talent to choose from after 60 players are kept is misguided.

What kind of incentive is there for those that don't keep a full six. I would keep Palmer Johnson and maybe Deuce, but Burly is right in saying that your team is in serious need of an overhaul.

I agree....you need to dump alot and try and draft Bush, Leinhart, Addai......get in some great young prospects. You won't do squat this year, but hey from the looks of it...you prolly won't anyway. It's time to look to the future.

better question: in a ten team league how could you possibly have such a terrible team? I mean, who did you keep last year? Vick, Mccallister, Palmer, AJ, Mcmichael and who?

sorry... anyway,

I would keep palmer, Mccallister, parker, Winslow, AJ, and matt jones... then I would take a rookie running back with the first pick... maybe branch over winslow... maybe

Thanks for responses guys. Yeah, we keep six, but have a total of seventeen players on our roster. We start QB/2RB/2WR/1 Wild Card(WR or RB)/1TE/1K/1DEF. So there are alot of players to choose from. I guess I should start picking rookies with potential to build for the future, however I do feel like I need some solid veterans too. Lemme know who you think will be available as a veteran that is worthwhile to grab. Obviously there won't be any T.O.'s left, however guys like Joe Horn might. Let me know what you think?? Thanks again for the previous advice. Peace Out!!

better question: in a ten team league how could you possibly have such a terrible team? I mean, who did you keep last year? Vick, Mccallister, Palmer, AJ, Mcmichael and who?

sorry... anyway,

I would keep palmer, Mccallister, parker, Winslow, AJ, and matt jones... then I would take a rookie running back with the first pick... maybe branch over winslow... maybe

while keeping two QBs is retarded, going in with Palmer, Michael, Willie Parker, Deuce McAllister, AJ, and ? would have looked decent last year. Granted AJ and Deuce ended up sucking hard, but coming in they looked good. Deuce was th e#5 RB in A LOT of rankings last year.