Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Workout Stuff

Does anyone have the link to that "Legendary Abs" workout?

How about a good chest workout?

I am trying to condition my body for a marathon, and was given some intruction on how to incoporate other muscle groups in order to avoid over exerting the legs during a long run. :thumbsup:

Does anyone have the link to that "Legendary Abs" workout?

How about a good chest workout?

I am trying to condition my body for a marathon, and was given some intruction on how to incoporate other muscle groups in order to avoid over exerting the legs during a long run. :doublethumbsup:

I ran one marathon and will never do it again! Mad respect for the bastages who run those regularly! I don't know how weight training the upper body helps with the running, but I suggest running alot to help with the running! Do one long run a week (along with your regular routine) to get used to the distance. Somewhere between 18-22 miles. That is where the dreaded "wall" kicked in for me.

Good luck! :clap:

For me, the best chest workout has been push-ups.

I ran one marathon and will never do it again! Mad respect for the bastages who run those regularly! I don't know how weight training the upper body helps with the running, but I suggest running alot to help with the running! Do one long run a week (along with your regular routine) to get used to the distance. Somewhere between 18-22 miles. That is where the dreaded "wall" kicked in for me.

Good luck! :thumbsdown:

Good calls.

I was reading that by emphasizing ones stomach and back muscles, and also the synergy of the arms, one can lessen the strain on the legs...

Good calls.

I was reading that by emphasizing ones stomach and back muscles, and also the synergy of the arms, one can lessen the strain on the legs...

Agreed. WhenI first started training for the marathon, my back would always hurt the first few miles. I'm not sure if it was a posture thing or what. After a coupla months, it didn't bother me anymore. :thumbsdown:

7 Minute Abs. 7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 doors. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby.

7 Minute Abs. 7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 doors. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby.

crassic :(

I would think you'd want to avoid most chest and upper body work. My HS coach always told me how much better of runner I would be if I quit lifting upper body during track. :( Check out runnersworld.com or something.

my back would always hurt the first few miles. After a coupla months, it didn't bother me anymore.

How far were you by then?

I would think you'd want to avoid most chest and upper body work. My HS coach always told me how much better of runner I would be if I quit lifting upper body during track. :( Check out runnersworld.com or something.

How far were you by then?

The first few miles. It wouldn't hurt the whole run. After about 5 miles or so, I would just be thinking about my breathing and whatever...