Sign in to follow this  
Staubach the Great

NFL Network and Time Warner

Does anyone of of you have info on what changes Time Warner might bring since they now own my cable? This maybe locally but they just bought out Comcast and I got this email from NFL.COM:

Your local cable company is becoming Time Warner Cable. On Monday, July 31st at midnight, while you’re dreaming of touchdowns and turnovers, Time Warner Cable Cable may drop NFL Network from your channel lineup.

This means you’ll miss Live Primetime NFL Games, key match-ups, intense rivalries and the run to the playoffs.

I already get an extended basic cable service, are they going to charge extra now? :thumbsup:

I would firebomb their offices if they took the NFL Network out of the lineup.

Does anyone of of you have info on what changes Time Warner might bring since they now own my cable? This maybe locally but they just bought out Comcast and I got this email from NFL.COM:

Your local cable company is becoming Time Warner Cable. On Monday, July 31st at midnight, while you’re dreaming of touchdowns and turnovers, Time Warner Cable Cable may drop NFL Network from your channel lineup.

This means you’ll miss Live Primetime NFL Games, key match-ups, intense rivalries and the run to the playoffs.

I already get an extended basic cable service, are they going to charge extra now? :thumbsup:

There is a little more context to this.

The NFL has or will be spending millions telling consumers that cable will be dropping the NFL network. They are suggesting, in their ads, for consumers to dump cable and go satellite.

The cable companies are still reeling that the NFL is only offering the Sunday Ticket to DirecTV and therefore they don't feel the need to carry the NFL network - their argument being that why should they pay for this network if the average NFL fan is going to DirecTV anyway?

I can see both sides.

An article about this can be found here:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/m...7-weekend_x.htm

"It hopes football fans in markets such as New York, Tampa, Green Bay, Houston and St. Louis will go ballistic when they realize their cable company isn't playing ball. "

There are millions of NFL fans that do not own the Direct TV and do not care to own it for sevreal reasons (money, time,etc.) But the cable NFL network is just fine even if they had no regular season games. The combines and weekly updates were watchable while we suffered in off season. however, I will not pay extra for the NFL network, its already in my extended basic cable service. if they took it off I will survive. It seems like there is so much money floating around, they (NFL, Time Warner) want to charge us extra for anything we watch. I think the NFL will lose fans if they start charging for any game, especially crappy ones.

But gotta give it to those San Diego Cheerleaders, the special on the NFL Network was nice, professional material. :doublethumbsup:

the bottom line is if you don't have sunday ticket you aren't a real man/fan.

Those are some tough words for the king of the mall...and don't even try to tell me it's king of them all.

Time Warner just bought out Adelphia and will be dropping my NFL Network. I called Time Warner and they have no idea if and when they will ever carry NFL Network.

I can get Dish Network that will get NFL Network and Fox Sports Pittsburgh for the same price that Time Warner is going to charge me.....so I'm gonna go with Dish Network. Dish Network also gives me my local network stations and of course a ton of extra channels Time Warner won't give.

I thought about Direct TV, but it is more expensive of a package to begin with, plus I have to pay extra for Fox Sports Pittsburgh and they don't offer my local network channels so I would have to use an antenna to watch local network TV. And here is the kicker, if I did get NFL Ticket with Direct TV, they black out the satellite feed if the game is being broadcast on local TV (which 75% of Steeler games are in my viewing area). So if I got NFL Ticket, I would be watching 75% of the Steeler games on a freakin antenna.

Screw DirectTV and screw Time Warner. :doublethumbsup:

Time Warner just bought out Adelphia and will be dropping my NFL Network. I called Time Warner and they have no idea if and when they will ever carry NFL Network.

I can get Dish Network that will get NFL Network and Fox Sports Pittsburgh for the same price that Time Warner is going to charge me.....so I'm gonna go with Dish Network. Dish Network also gives me my local network stations and of course a ton of extra channels Time Warner won't give.

I thought about Direct TV, but it is more expensive of a package to begin with, plus I have to pay extra for Fox Sports Pittsburgh and they don't offer my local network channels so I would have to use an antenna to watch local network TV. And here is the kicker, if I did get NFL Ticket with Direct TV, they black out the satellite feed if the game is being broadcast on local TV (which 75% of Steeler games are in my viewing area). So if I got NFL Ticket, I would be watching 75% of the Steeler games on a freakin antenna.

Screw DirectTV and screw Time Warner. :doublethumbsup:

Agreed, I will not get satellite or pay extra for the NFL network if it comes to that point. There is enought info on the net to keep me satisfied.

Can Willie Parker sustain a good season, or would you take a risk on Juluis Jones?

so I would have to use an antenna to watch local network TV. And here is the kicker, if I did get NFL Ticket with Direct TV, they black out the satellite feed if the game is being broadcast on local TV (which 75% of Steeler games are in my viewing area).

FYI, the antenna is built into the satellite dish now and if you have HD, who cares as all major networks broadcast in HD now. And yes they blackout the satellite feed, but its still on the antenna

Of course, screw 'em all since they're making billions off of a 100% unregulated industry. They got us by the short & curly's and there's nothing we can do about it. I love how comcast tried to charge me $90 for cable PLUS $50 for internet each friggin month. The first provider that figures out I only want 7,8 channels at most will have my unquestioning loyalty. Something tells me its coming on the internet and it will dominate all others.

The December 21st game of Green Bay vs. Minnesota better be televised on local Wisconsin stations, not just the NFL network. ESPN will do this with their Monday Night games, so I'm hoping NFL Network will do this too.

The December 21st game of Green Bay vs. Minnesota better be televised on local Wisconsin stations, not just the NFL network. ESPN will do this with their Monday Night games, so I'm hoping NFL Network will do this too.

I believe I read that all NFL Network games will be shown on network TV in local markets.