Sign in to follow this  
davebg

DJAX not ready 'till late August

So, they're claiming he'll be back in time for the regular season. Does this make Jackson a good "buy low" candiadate, or is he too risky to take a chance on?

Reports coming out of Seattle are that his knee is just fine. It's the muscles around the knee that they're worried about. They're not strong enough right now to prevent another injury. They're keeping him out of contact drills and stregthening those muscles before they clear him to play.

DJax is a steal right now as uninformed people are shying away from him because of his knee.

He'll be ready for the regular season, the same timeline that they gave him back in March.

Buy Low

I think he would be a top 10 WR but now he slips to top 15 for me, if not a little lower. I'm thinking mid 4th to early 5th

This guy just scares me. I wouldn't want him as my #1, he's just too unreliable from an injury standpoint but he can be a great value if he can stay healthy. I'd take him as a #2 but would want a good #3 for when DJax goes down.

Reports coming out of Seattle are that his knee is just fine. It's the muscles around the knee that they're worried about. They're not strong enough right now to prevent another injury. They're keeping him out of contact drills and stregthening those muscles before they clear him to play.

DJax is a steal right now as uninformed people are shying away from him because of his knee.

He'll be ready for the regular season, the same timeline that they gave him back in March.

This is right on. Go with it.

I'll tell you from personal experience, when I partially tore my ACL (minor), the biggest thing they concerned themselves with was stretching my hamstring, and strengthening the muscles around the ligament so as to prevent and further problems. Not complicated, it just takes time and dedication.

This is right on. Go with it.

I'll tell you from personal experience, when I partially tore my ACL (minor), the biggest thing they concerned themselves with was stretching my hamstring, and strengthening the muscles around the ligament so as to prevent and further problems. Not complicated, it just takes time and dedication.

Agreed, to an extent. My concern is that a guy with nothing to do but rehab his knee should be past this point by now. I've had multiple knee surgeries, including this one. Modern treatment methods have those muscles working from the day after surgery. I'm a bit spooked that they'd still be such a concern.

That said, let's assume Jackson is at the least slowed for the early part of the season. I've only seen a little bit of Burleson and wasn't impressed. Is he a viable consideration as a #2 ff WR, or is he a #3/ afterthought?

The general wisdom is that it takes approx a full year to recover from knee surgery. Had DJax sat out and rehabbed his knee after his 1st surgery in Oct I think he'd be close. However, after the surgery in Oct he came back ten games later and played in the playoffs. THEN he had to have a 2nd surgery a few weeks after the SB. So, getting back to the "1 yr" timetable, DJax really wouldn't be recovered until after this year's SB.

His return for the playoffs helped SEA, but clearly it is coming back to haunt him, at least for the beginning of this season. Don't get me wrong, I think he will line up and start for SEA this season. I just have my concerns about his effectiveness and his risk of re-injury.

IMO...he's xtra-high risk, med reward.