Sign in to follow this  
MLCKAA

Playing for money: limit hold 'em online

This weekend I am going to play for money online and its going to be the first time.

Any tips from the more experienced online players here?

I feel pretty comfortable with longhand play and my abilities to make the right call pre-flop. I'm disciplined enough to only play my strong hands, but I am assuming that once you make the move from play money to real money, the other players also know enough to play longhand.

TIPS?

This weekend I am going to play for money online and its going to be the first time.

Any tips from the more experienced online players here?

I feel pretty comfortable with longhand play and my abilities to make the right call pre-flop. I'm disciplined enough to only play my strong hands, but I am assuming that once you make the move from play money to real money, the other players also know enough to play longhand.

TIPS?

Are you planning on playing ring games or tournament? Doesn't really matter but I'm curious. Limit is strictly math and position. If you understand pot odds, implied pot odds, etc, you should be fine. No Limit is where it can get a little dicey.

Are you planning on playing ring games or tournament? Doesn't really matter but I'm curious. Limit is strictly math and position. If you understand pot odds, implied pot odds, etc, you should be fine. No Limit is where it can get a little dicey.

Ring games. Want to be able to jump in and out as I please and stay at a full/mostly full table. Not really ready to go heads up with someone at this time, as I realize I am still pretty green. I feel safest playing at a 6-8 person table with a longhand approach.

Self bump. Any more thoughts from the p-nut gallery?