Sign in to follow this  
whoisjgalt

'06 scheduling

In '05, we played our divisional opponents three times each and the other eight once. That required seventeen games in thirteen weeks (allowing eight teams to make the three week playoff and without using week seventeen). We did the double headers in four of the five non-bye weeks (2, 11, 12, 13).

This year, there are more non-bye weeks avaliable to choose from: 1, 2, 10, 11, 12, 13. So, we could do any of the following:

a) keep it like last year for consistency

B) back-load the double headers in weeks 10-13

c) use the first two and last two weeks for double headers

d) randomly assign eight of the twelve teams to play double headers in each of the six available weeks

There are other possibilities, but let's choose from these ...

The schedule was loaded late last night. :ninja:

Thanks Galt. Judging by that smiley, I think I dodged a bigger bullet than I realized. :doh:

Thanks Galt. Judging by that smiley, I think I dodged a bigger bullet than I realized. :cheers:

It's a pain in the arse, but if the NFL keeps the bye weeks the same next year then it'll be much easier. (It seems that you can swap teams from one schedule slot to another without having to redo the whole schedule - nice feature if it works well.) We can just resort the schedule grid (by 2006 team finish rather than 2005) and then be ready to go.