Sign in to follow this  
dynastybaby

10 to draft & 10 to avoid....

Again smart guy, the proof is in the pudding. LT has broken down over the past 2 seasons as we approached the money time of the season. Now obviously you never make it that far, so I give you some room for error. Draft him, run him for the first 4-8 weeks & trade him for a stud WR & good RB before your deadline.

Again guy with all those kid championships who claims he knows so much.....

he did have a bad ending last year but in 2004

13 Y DEN W 20-17 30 113 3.8 2 5 5 17 3.4 0 25.0

14 Y TB W 31-24 25 131 5.2 1 5 4 19 4.8 0 21.0

15 Y at CLE W 21-0 26 111 4.3 2 1 1 -5 -5.0 0 22.6

16 Y at IND L 31-34 21 81 3.9 1 6 5 95 19.0 1 29.6

are those bad numbers O smart One?

wow what a tool......don't claim to be so smart when you don't really know anything.... :lol: this guy is pathetic...

wow what a tool......don't claim to be so smart when you don't really know anything.... :lol: this guy is pathetic...

The proof is in the pudding huh?... :lol: ... you can't even comprehend stats...amazing for a guy with 9 Championships!? :huh: ... you told me to bring points and just not laugh at your post well here it is....

Your stats are nice, but I could have had better or the same stats from guys like Tiki Barber, Portis, Edge etc... When I shoot the guy down, I am not dropping him to the 12th RB in the draft, I just dont think he is in the same class as LJ & Shaun. Look at those guys stats the past 2 years over the weeks 13-16. Now LT has to work with a rookie QB. And although those numbers are good, the fact is he was pulled late a lot last year due to being worn down, which is what I said. And again "In my opinion" the fact he has worn down the past few years is a red flag... Don't get made, take LT, keep him all year & prove me wrong... I will tell you the teams that have had LT in my leagues the past 2 years have NOT won crap....

OK. So you don't agree w/the LT assessment. How many rings do you have? :huh:

OK. So you don't agree w/the LT assessment. How many rings do you have? :huh:

Exactly, you shoot down an intire post because of one of the players out of the 20 I have listed. To me is sounds like listen2me23 has drafted LT in all of his early drafts & has some sour grapes. What about the other 19 on the list listen2me23? Can't wait to hear what you have to say...

:lol: listen2me23 come week 16

Your stats are nice, but I could have had better or the same stats from guys like Tiki Barber, Portis, Edge etc... When I shoot the guy down, I am not dropping him to the 12th RB in the draft, I just dont think he is in the same class as LJ & Shaun. Look at those guys stats the past 2 years over the weeks 13-16. Now LT has to work with a rookie QB. And although those numbers are good, the fact is he was pulled late a lot last year due to being worn down, which is what I said. And again "In my opinion" the fact he has worn down the past few years is a red flag... Don't get made, take LT, keep him all year & prove me wrong... I will tell you the teams that have had LT in my leagues the past 2 years have NOT won crap....

Last YEAR YES.....I agree ....but dont say

"Again smart guy, the proof is in the pudding. LT has broken down over the past 2 seasons as we approached the money time of the season."

when In 2004 he really tore it up come crunch time nad there wasn't really any better back that year in those games....Him being nicked up for 1 year and having a bad end to one year means nothing at all....

I love how you bring up Rivers and how that will hurt him.....it will hurt him earlier in the year like i said in a previous post than it will later in the year....but you still say ride him early then trade him....haha Pathetic...one bad ending to a year and the guy i guess will do it every year....

Last YEAR YES.....I agree ....but dont say

"Again smart guy, the proof is in the pudding. LT has broken down over the past 2 seasons as we approached the money time of the season."

when In 2004 he really tore it up come crunch time nad there wasn't really any better back that year in those games....Him being nicked up for 1 year and having a bad end to one year means nothing at all....

I love how you bring up Rivers and how that will hurt him.....it will hurt him earlier in the year like i said in a previous post than it will later in the year....but you still say ride him early then trade him....haha Pathetic...one bad ending to a year and the guy i guess will do it every year....

Again is this the only thing that I was wrong with on my list? If so, I would say it was pretty damn good then. Remind me again, why would anybody want to listen to you listen2me23? :lol:

:D You gotta love posters coming on here patting themselves on the back for their 19 Championships...

Agreed. Fantasy Football has a very random factor to it. In many cases the best team from the regular season doesn't win it all. If you had an Eagle a few years ago or a Colt last year you know great players but those players are being rested at FF Super Bowl time. Due to this it isn't just about knowing talent

Exactly, you shoot down an intire post because of one of the players out of the 20 I have listed. To me is sounds like listen2me23 has drafted LT in all of his early drafts & has some sour grapes. What about the other 19 on the list listen2me23? Can't wait to hear what you have to say...

:D listen2me23 come week 16

Ive never drafted LT.....and I am not knocking your list....Im knocking the fact you claim to know so much but then you go off and say he has ended the last 2 years terribly....when i fact he did last year but in 2004 he was the opposite and most likely the best back at the end of 2004....

back your opinions with facts don't just run your mouth on something you don't know anything about...

and please answer me when i ask how would LT have a great start to the year and then make you want to trad ehim in the middle?

He has a young QB who needs to prove himself in order to take pressure off LT...it will take a few weeks...so LT will most likely struggle early then turn it up later when his QB proves he can beat Ds too (he still has Gates)...so why would you ride him then dump him?.....give me good opinions and facts to make me beleive you have even thought this LT thing out in the least bit...

Again is this the only thing that I was wrong with on my list? If so, I would say it was pretty damn good then. Remind me again, why would anybody want to listen to you listen2me23? :(

I dont have time to go through all of your players you listed....

I can't even get a response out of you about your LT selection and why you think the things you do...again you have opinions but nothing backing up your opinions...

the only thing you have is he broke down the last 2 years....which is false....

I dont think d-baby referenced his past ff success to brag or to congratulate himself; I believe he did so only to suggest that perhaps he is someone whose opinion is deserving of an audience.

After reading his opinion, I think he makes some good points.

I'm guessing the perennial bridesmaids and runners-up are the only ones who take issue with d-baby mentioning the rings. :D :( :lol:

I dont have time to go through all of your players you listed....

Probably not, now that you've spent the last 3 hours replying to this thread :lol:

Ive never drafted LT.....and I am not knocking your list....Im knocking the fact you claim to know so much but then you go off and say he has ended the last 2 years terribly....when i fact he did last year but in 2004 he was the opposite and most likely the best back at the end of 2004....

back your opinions with facts don't just run your mouth on something you don't know anything about...

and please answer me when i ask how would LT have a great start to the year and then make you want to trad ehim in the middle?

He has a young QB who needs to prove himself in order to take pressure off LT...it will take a few weeks...so LT will most likely struggle early then turn it up later when his QB proves he can beat Ds too (he still has Gates)...so why would you ride him then dump him?.....give me good opinions and facts to make me beleive you have even thought this LT thing out in the least bit...

Ok, I will say it again very slowly........... I think........ L.T. is great.......... But.......... He has broken........Down at the end.............. Of the last 2 seasons........... Even though he put up some............ nice stats last year........... I dont want to be in the Championship game..................and see Michael Turner playing............. most of the 4th quarter................. due to LT being tired...........banged up.......................etc............................. Am I going slow enough? Good! Now...............here is what I would do if I had LT.................. I would play him thru weeks 6-8..............and while he is hot trade him.............. for a stud WR.................and a solid RB...............that way when he is resting................his groin during the 4th qtr............. come week 16............. I wont need to worry..................about it.

One thing fantasy football has proven over & over again is that the guy who is a top 3 RB over & over again will surely start to come back to the pack. I think he will be top 5 but not worth a #1 pick. And I think you will be disapointed with his performance come the lste weeks when you see guys like LJ & Shaun going for 30+ points compared to 22 for LT. Again these are my OPINIONS! You are free to have your own. But don't keep going back to the same points over & over..... :D

Ok, I will say it again very slowly........... I think........ L.T. is great.......... But.......... He has broken........Down at the end.............. Of the last 2 seasons........... Even though he put up some............ nice stats last year........... I dont want to be in the Championship game..................and see Michael Turner playing............. most of the 4th quarter................. due to LT being tired...........banged up.......................etc............................. Am I going slow enough? Good! Now...............here is what I would do if I had LT.................. I would play him thru weeks 6-8..............and while he is hot trade him.............. for a stud WR.................and a solid RB...............that way when he is resting................his groin during the 4th qtr............. come week 16............. I wont need to worry..................about it.

One thing fantasy football has proven over & over again is that the guy who is a top 3 RB over & over again will surely start to come back to the pack. I think he will be top 5 but not worth a #1 pick. And I think you will be disapointed with his performance come the lste weeks when you see guys like LJ & Shaun going for 30+ points compared to 22 for LT. Again these are my OPINIONS! You are free to have your own. But don't keep going back to the same points over & over..... :D

Free Advice from a guy with 3 championships....Dont Let Facts gets in your way of a good argument

2004 Season:

Rushing Rec: Total Touchdowns

13- den | 30 113 | 17 | 2 |

|14- tam | 25 131 | 19 | 1 |

|15- cle | 26 111 | -5 | 2 |

|16- ind | 21 81 | 95 | 2 |

What else do you want from your running back1 during playoff time

1.) L.T.- Yes you heard that right folks... His explosiveness has diminished & the days of ripping off 50 yard TD's is a few years behind him. He has broken down towards then end of both of the last 2 seasons having to be pulled late in games for groin issues. He is still a great runner, but dealing with a rookie QB & legs that have taken a pounding since his first year in the league will catch up to him. If you do draft him, reap the benefits early & trade him before your deadline.

I dont see anywhere in here that I say LT was terrible or horrible or any of things listen2me23 has gone on &on about. I do say "He is a great runner" "He is dealing with a rookie QB" "His legs have taken a pounding since his first carry" "He has broken down the past 2 years"

So tell me listen2me23 what do I say that is wrong? Did I say he put up horrible stats? No. I said here are the things to look at when drafting him. So what is your real problem here? I still think it is ring envy....

He has broken down towards then end of both of the last 2 seasons having to be pulled late in games for groin issues.

Thats what you said and I clearly proved that this statement was not accurate.....

BTW I dont own LT....and Im certainly not envious of a guy who can come on a site anonymously and claim how many championships he has won...

It sounds too much like the dork in HS who always claimed he had a Girlfriend who lived at the jersey shore

roy williams is good but when did he get a quarterback to throw him the ball?

um, kitna and a mike martz system. Granted they are not montana & bill walsh, but Williams is a monster and i'll take kitna over Joey Knuckles any day.

WOW this is my last post I hope....because I can't deal with the stupidity.....He did not break down in 2004 at all he was the best back at the end of that year....

ANd you still havn't answered my question of why you think LT will be hot at the beginning of this year and fall off later?? but I guess I wouldn't expect you to try and back up your 2 second thought out opinions....

In the end you look like teh fool because after looking at the stats and having me along with others tell u he didnt burn out in 2004....you still think he did.....funny how a 9 time champ cant even comprehend football stats that are spoon fed to him....

1.) L.T.- Yes you heard that right folks... His explosiveness has diminished & the days of ripping off 50 yard TD's is a few years behind him. He has broken down towards then end of both of the last 2 seasons having to be pulled late in games for groin issues. He is still a great runner, but dealing with a rookie QB & legs that have taken a pounding since his first year in the league will catch up to him. If you do draft him, reap the benefits early & trade him before your deadline.

I dont see anywhere in here that I say LT was terrible or horrible or any of things listen2me23 has gone on &on about. I do say "He is a great runner" "He is dealing with a rookie QB" "His legs have taken a pounding since his first carry" "He has broken down the past 2 years"

So tell me listen2me23 what do I say that is wrong? Did I say he put up horrible stats? No. I said here are the things to look at when drafting him. So what is your real problem here? I still think it is ring envy....

You dont answer my simple question of why you think he will start off good but then fade?....!!!!!

He broke down last year and last year only...!!!!!!!!!!

Ring Envy?.....I wouldn't want 100 of your Special Olympic Championship Fantasy Football Rings....

By the way, I agree with the LT stuff. Look at my post "why I'm drafting Portis over LT."

I too agree with you here. I will not say LT2 is going to suck. Absolutely a top 10 back, but I do think he will miss the top 5 once again. He is a fantasy dissapointment. If I draft a #1 overall pick I want #1 overall pick numbers. LT2 has not shown me that in 2 years. While Portis' stock has been rising. As a mid rounder last year he put up top 5 yardage. He just needs mor TDs and he could be a #1 contendar.

I'm also big on Javon. He has had a longer than normal time to recover from the knee injury.

Gonzo will be blocking even more this year and I agree there are better values to be drafted much later.

Cooley is one of them. :(

I do think Tiki is still a top 10 back and will be for another year so a mid round pick is safe and should pay off.

I've always liked Atlanta's Def and Vandy is a clutch kicker if I have ever seen one. Should get allot of chances this year.

Simms & Roy Williams. While I think they are great players in the NFL I just haven't seen the numbers to make them good Fantasy options but should be good depth players.

Overall a nice list. :D

WOW this is my last post I hope....because I can't deal with the stupidity.....He did not break down in 2004 at all he was the best back at the end of that year....

ANd you still havn't answered my question of why you think LT will be hot at the beginning of this year and fall off later?? but I guess I wouldn't expect you to try and back up your 2 second thought out opinions....

In the end you look like teh fool because after looking at the stats and having me along with others tell u he didnt burn out in 2004....you still think he did.....funny how a 9 time champ cant even comprehend football stats that are spoon fed to him....

You dont answer my simple question of why you think he will start off good but then fade?....!!!!!

He broke down last year and last year only...!!!!!!!!!!

Ring Envy?.....I wouldn't want 100 of your Special Olympic Championship Fantasy Football Rings....

GOOD LORD YOU ARE DUMB!! Why do I think he will be hot in the begging & not in the end?? BECAUSE I THINK HE BREAKS DOWN AT THE END OF THE SEASON YOU MORON! HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO SAY IT! Man oh man you are friggin dumb. I live in SD, I go to the games. I see Marty pulling him in the 4th quarter. He is not the LT who use to get 30 carries & 7 rec a game. Yes he is still a 20 carry 3-5 catches, but so does Tiki Barber, so does Edge, so will Portis & Lamont Jordan this year. He is still damn good, but not a #1 pick. I think I just saw listen2me23 running in a relay race with Corky.... Please go away... :D :( :lol: :lol:

A guy that runs it 340 times and catches it 51 is a guy who breaks down a lot....no one carries it 30 times a game ever....and 7 Rec a game?....112 catches.....OK SPANKY....

:D

:D :(

GOOD LORD YOU ARE DUMB!! Why do I think he will be hot in the begging & not in the end?? BECAUSE I THINK HE BREAKS DOWN AT THE END OF THE SEASON YOU MORON! HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO SAY IT! Man oh man you are friggin dumb. I live in SD, I go to the games. I see Marty pulling him in the 4th quarter. He is not the LT who use to get 30 carries & 7 rec a game. Yes he is still a 20 carry 3-5 catches, but so does Tiki Barber, so does Edge, so will Portis & Lamont Jordan this year. He is still damn good, but not a #1 pick. I think I just saw listen2me23 running in a relay race with Corky.... Please go away... :shocking: :bench: :first: :first:

but hes only slumped at the end of last season....not in 2004

and for the absolute moron who "expects" #1 Numbers from Tomlinson and hasnt been getting it....Good Luck with Portis....ever since hes been with Washington he hasnt put up lockdown #1 Numbers...He stepped up last year at the end but couldnt score at the beginning at all...

last time I checked LT still scored 20 times in his breaking down year.

and Lastly you summed up everything you know about football when you put guys like Edge, Tiki and Jordan in LT's class.

but hes only slumped at the end of last season....not in 2004

and for the absolute moron who "expects" #1 Numbers from Tomlinson and hasnt been getting it....Good Luck with Portis....ever since hes been with Washington he hasnt put up lockdown #1 Numbers...He stepped up last year at the end but couldnt score at the beginning at all...

last time I checked LT still scored 20 times in his breaking down year.

and Lastly you summed up everything you know about football when you put guys like Edge, Tiki and Jordan in LT's class.

Edge & Tiki finished higher in my leagues than LT. Could just be our scoring system... And I was saying Jordan will put up similar stats as LT without having to burn the #1 pick on him. Pretty sure you could get Jordan & a good WR for LT.

Edge & Tiki finished higher in my leagues than LT. Could just be our scoring system... And I was saying Jordan will put up similar stats as LT without having to burn the #1 pick on him. Pretty sure you could get Jordan & a good WR for LT.

I have a wacky scoring system as well...and LT actually was #1....I can see Barber but not Edge in a different scoring system....

Jordan meh

Im not disagreeing with your list but to say a guy broke down in back to back years (which he didnt in 04) but still was able to score 20 times is a little jumping the gun on LT demise....

And remember this you have to get to the playoffs to win the playoffs and 20 scores in the first 12 weeks goes a long way to get to the first half of any ff baller goals

I believe you speak of me. But the moron is you. Read my post again slapnuts.

I too agree with you here. I will not say LT2 is going to suck. Absolutely a top 10 back, but I do think he will miss the top 5 once again. He is a fantasy dissapointment. If I draft a #1 overall pick I want #1 overall pick numbers. LT2 has not shown me that in 2 years. While Portis' stock has been rising. As a mid rounder last year he put up top 5 yardage. He just needs mor TDs and he could be a #1 contendar.

LT2 has not lived up to his #1 draft pick status. He did not even finish in the top 5 last year! Portis on the other hand was drafted 7th in my league last year and finished 4th overall. He has a better value as he, UNLIKE LT2; outperforms his draft pick. MORON

I won 10 championships last year. The amazing thing about it was that I was in only 7 leagues.

Top that.

I believe you speak of me. But the moron is you. Read my post again slapnuts.

LT2 has not lived up to his #1 draft pick status. He did not even finish in the top 5 last year! Portis on the other hand was drafted 7th in my league last year and finished 4th overall. He has a better value as he, UNLIKE LT2; outperforms his draft pick. MORON

What kind of moronic league is someone playing in where a guy who scores 20 TD doesnt finish in the top 5?

This is a good list in that it gets people talking about some different players. I also concur that the thread would have had no flames had the original poster not mentioned the # of titles.

As for the list, like I said it's solid but I think Addai will be the guy in Indy in a few weeks and I wouldn't mind taking him in the 4'th if I had 2 RBs already and the WRs left are all interchangeable.

My main point is the Portis over LT love. CP finished 19'th in my league (ppr, 1 pt per 10 yds rush/rec, 20 yds pass) with LT finishing 3'rd (one point out of second). Unless LT falls dramatically and CP rises similarly, LT is the clear #3. To put it in perspective, Hasselbeck finished higher than Portis. I know leagues have different scoring rules but hey if you think Portis is better and you have the 3'rd pick, trade it and get better picks in the 2'nd and 3'rd rounds.

Portis.....1516-11 w/ 216-0 Total Yards/TD 1732-11

LT.......1464-18 w/ 370-2 Total Yards/TD 1834-20

How in god names in a league that doesnt give special Washington RB double points does Portis rank ahead of LT?

and it couldnt have been distance Touchdown factor either becuase I had Portis and he doesnt seem to score from anywhere on the field like he did in Denver