Sign in to follow this  
p00h

Is Chester Taylor soliified as the #1 in Mill

Any word? I know they have 1836 backs on the team. Is he their every down back? WIll they go with someone else on all passing 3rd downs? He's a pretty solid back IMO, and if he's gonna be the main man there, I can see a fairly solid season with their schedule/oline/lack of passing game...

Any homers have info, much obliged...

Yeah he is their guy. IMO Childress handpicked this guy because of the skills he brings to his style of offense. The bonus with him is he will be an every down guy because of his excellent receiving skills so no chance he comes out on third downs. An article in the StarTribune the other day about him talked about the staff getting him 20 carries and 4-5 catches per game.

Where's "Mill"? :thumbsup:

Didn't you hear? Minnesota and Philadelphia got bought by Arnold Schwartzanegar, he combined the few good players from both teams, so they might finish above .500 and is moving the other team to LA!

New team name is the Milladelphia Veagles.

danke. Targetting him mid 3rd. Makes it a lot easier to grab one of the top wrs in the 2nd, as the mid tier rbs this year are fairly pedestrian and/or interchangable. I think Chester has a great year behind that line, playing a fairly cupcake schedule.

Playoff schedule

@detriot

Jets

@GB

danke. Targetting him mid 3rd. Makes it a lot easier to grab one of the top wrs in the 2nd, as the mid tier rbs this year are fairly pedestrian and/or interchangable. I think Chester has a great year behind that line, playing a fairly cupcake schedule.

Playoff schedule

@detriot

Jets

@GB

I'm starting to think the same...I can definitely grab him in the 3rd, or chance that he'll fall to the 4th. If Boldin is still on the board in the 3rd, I doubt I can pass up on him for Taylor. I think Taylor will be for this year what LaMont Jordan was last year.

I'm starting to think the same...I can definitely grab him in the 3rd, or chance that he'll fall to the 4th. If Boldin is still on the board in the 3rd, I doubt I can pass up on him for Taylor. I think Taylor will be for this year what LaMont Jordan was last year.

I think taylor and jamal lewis are great values at mid 3rd in the draft. If you go stud wr in the 2nd, it'll be hard to take boldin in the 3d and hope to grab a ruben droughns type in the 4th. Will make for a hellish backfield...

Taylor will be the #1 RB for the Vikings. Mewelde Moore will get some touches but he is struggling so far in training camp with pass protection. Reports are that the coaches have to keep telling him where to look on pass protection so he gets it right. Childress has also said to the media that he wants to get taylor 20-25 touches a game (rushing and recieving combined). With the addition of Hutchison and the return of Matt Birk the left side of the should be really good for the Vikings. The right side has Artis Hicks (Aquired in a trade from the Eagles) and Marcus Johnson a 2nd year player. The jury is still out on them but I have not seen any reports from training camp that they are underperfoming (no news is good news).

Depending on where you are drafting Taylor in the late 3rd or slipping to the 4th would be a steal.

I'm at a tough spot, with the 4th pick in the 3rd. I have the possibility of grabbing another stud WR (ppr league) or grabbing my #2 RB. We start 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and a flex position. Since it's a PPR league, it's always good to start another WR in the flex. That's why I think I would take Boldin over Taylor and take my lumps with Droughns in the 4th.