Sign in to follow this  
gottabesweet84

Broncos v. Lions Preseason Game Thread

--mike williams does not play at all in the first half.

--ernie sims was all over the field showing great speed and the ability to shed blocks well.

--bullocks recovered the second denver fumble

the broncos were out of timeouts with 18 seconds left but ran a draw play. the lions were in a nickel defense of course. the broncos barely spiked it in time for the field goal.

so no, none of that run was on the rb.

thank you for the color commentary to give us the actual description of the play and not just the stat line...

so even w/ the starters out, did the Lions D look good, or were the Broncos just off?

yeah,

fifth rush comes w/ 18 seconds left in the half, for 15 yds from the DET 31 yd line...

couldn't see DET's defensive formation over the computer, but i'm willing to lay some good money down they were playing a prevent w/ a bunch of DBs standing near the 10...

So that 15yd scamper doesn't really show that he can do anything better than his craptacular 2.75 ypc against a standard defense...

you keep reading the straight stat line and convince yourself he's worthy...

People who have drafted Mike Bell will minimize everything Tatum Bell does and vice versa. Obviously Shanny thought a draw play was a good idea. That play is ran many times in the same situation and does not gain 16 yards. Give credit to the play calling and credit for the execution.

People who have drafted Mike Bell will minimize everything Tatum Bell does and vice versa. Obviously Shanny thought a draw play was a good idea. That play is ran many times in the same situation and does not gain 16 yards. Give credit to the play calling and credit for the execution.

1. I'm not a MBell drafter, or fan.

2. Read swamp_dog's post about the actual description of the play... it had NOTHING to do w/ the RB...

give up and eat your own crow...

Tatum got 16 yards out of it.

Dayne probably would have gotten 6 cause of his speed

Mike Bell proably would have gotten 10...

the play would have been for positive yards no matter who was back there, but the degree of the success was very much dependant on the RB.

Either way, Elam would have made the FG. :cheers:

Tatum got 16 yards out of it.

Dayne probably would have gotten 6 cause of his speed

Mike Bell proably would have gotten 10...

the play would have been for positive yards no matter who was back there, but the degree of the success was very much dependant on the RB.

Either way, Elam would have made the FG. :cheers:

can you kindly let us know if you are actually watching the game, or just the stat line? as it does really pertain to the legitimacy of your opinion...

1. I'm not a MBell drafter, or fan.

2. Read swamp_dog's post about the actual description of the play... it had NOTHING to do w/ the RB...

give up and eat your own crow...

To say that the running back had nothing to do with gaining the yardage is stupid. The play was the right call and it was executed well. How can you say that Bell had nothing to do with the play?

Dumb reply.

To say that the running back had nothing to do with gaining the yardage is stupid. The play was the right call and it was executed well. How can you say that Bell had nothing to do with the play?

Dumb reply.

fyi,

the guy watching the game is the one that said the RB had nothing to do w/ the play... meaning that no matter what DEN RB was in there, the result would have been about the same. So therefore, which RB it was that got those yards is insignificant. It says nothing about TBell's ability to perform on a full-time basis...

he's nothing but a change of pace back, with big play ability... Not a #1 NFL RB.

Martz says Jones will stay in on 3rd downs and goallines this year. That's very big for him. Normally the Lions are ALWAYS in 3rd down and Jones it taken out. This year he's the mini-Marshall Faulk in the Martz system. Should be a solid year for him.

:sticksfingers in ears says lalalalalalalalalalalalalala:

I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006

<_<

if he's there in the 3rd I might take a shot...

thank you for the color commentary to give us the actual description of the play and not just the stat line...

so even w/ the starters out, did the Lions D look good, or were the Broncos just off?

the broncos passing game looked good--cutler in particular. the lions (in the first half) weren't getting much of a pass rush. the bronco running game in the first half didn't impress me much tonight. the broncos had two costly fumbles deep in the lions territory which cost them points. that's why you only saw them put up 6 at the half.

the lions had 4 straight sacks to start the second half...but with scrubs playing on both sides it's hard to find a meaning to it.

great call, the lions weren't expecting it. but fat albert would have gotten 15 yards on that play: it was a straight up the gut run with nary a lion player in sight. i'm not commenting on tatum overall tonight, nor do i want to get into that debate--just clarifying this one play.

i have no stake either way in the tatum debate. that's just the way i saw it. maybe others who saw it have a different opinion, but that's my take on it.

arlen harris looked really good tonight. that doesn't mean he's worth much in ff, but martz likes him and will use him.

the broncos passing game looked good--cutler in particular. the lions (in the first half) weren't getting much of a pass rush. the bronco running game in the first half didn't impress me much tonight. the broncos had two costly fumbles deep in the lions territory which cost them points. that's why you only saw them put up 6 at the half.

thanks swamp...

i'm really trying to figure out the Lions D, because i've thought for awhile that if their O could hold the ball for awhile they may have a chance at being a decent to good fantasy D... but the fact that the point total was low in the first half was due to fumbles in DET territory doesn't make me feel as good... plus it sounds like they were more offensive fumbles, than ones forced by the defense...

arlen harris looked really good tonight. that doesn't mean he's worth much in ff, but martz likes him and will use him.

didn't Martz bring Arlen along from an old STL squad?

what about all the raving people have done about Calhoun? was he even suited up?

thanks swamp...

i'm really trying to figure out the Lions D, because i've thought for awhile that if their O could hold the ball for awhile they may have a chance at being a decent to good fantasy D... but the fact that the point total was low in the first half was due to fumbles in DET territory doesn't make me feel as good... plus it sounds like they were more offensive fumbles, than ones forced by the defense...

didn't Martz bring Arlen along from an old STL squad?

what about all the raving people have done about Calhoun? was he even suited up?

calhoun didn't play tonight (at least at rb). i'm not sure why. harris is martz's boy and between kj, bryson, and harris i don't know where calhoun is going to fit in there--at least this year. that said, it's of course difficult to get any kind of accurate read on anything after one preseason game.

that especially includes the lions defense. they were without a lot of key starters tonight. i think the key for ff potential is that the lions will play an aggressive style of defense with henderson and marinelli calling the shots. in particular, the d-line is being instructed to get up the field more so than holding the point of attack (the latter being the way it was mostly done under mooch). thus, i think the d has sleeper potential in leagues that value turnovers and sacks. i'd be a little cautious about them in leagues where yardage is a big factor, as i do think they will give up yardage.

regardless, you should be able to get them on the cheap.

have any openings in your league?

AAAAAGGGHHHHH!!!!

dont be surprised if vikings from the capitol one commercials break down your front door tonight

ok, just me and some drunken friends wearing left-over halloween make-up

hate the openings in league posts

Mike Bell looking craptacular so far...

or is it the Detroit D looking that good...

they got a good D line

I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006, I will not be suckered into drafting Kevin Jones in 2006

:cheers:

:blink:

another tidbit for what it's worth:

mike williams looks lean, mean, and quick. he had a great catch in the third. he didn't play in the first half and i don't know the reason he didn't--but the reason was NOT because he's fat and lazy. the posters here who have been calling him fat and slow without the benefit of having actually seen him practice or play this summer are going to crap themselves once they do see him.

i'm not saying he will be succesful. there's a lot going on and a lot to sort through. but i am saying that mike isn't fat--in fact, just the opposite-- and he's working hard when he is in there.

:blink:

this does have to be one of the funniest posts i've read on this board in a LONG time...

no overused emoticon even does it justice...

too bad i already own KJ :wacko:

I must admit I was impressed with Jay Cutler, not so much with Mike Bell. I've been secretly rooting for Van Pelt for 2 years now, but I'm starting to change my mind and realize he's probably a career backup at best. Although I still love his passion and he can make good things happen.

Looking forward to a great future with Cutler at the helm.

another tidbit for what it's worth:

mike williams looks lean, mean, and quick. he had a great catch in the third. he didn't play in the first half and i don't know the reason he didn't--but the reason was NOT because he's fat and lazy. the posters here who have been calling him fat and slow without the benefit of having actually seen him practice or play this summer are going to crap themselves once they do see him.

i'm not saying he will be succesful. there's a lot going on and a lot to sort through. but i am saying that mike isn't fat--in fact, just the opposite-- and he's working hard when he is in there.

From what I've been reading, the Lions aren't happy with Williams constantly being late to practice and meetings.

From what I've been reading, the Lions aren't happy with Williams constantly being late to practice and meetings.

that was last year. he was late one time in may to a meeting/hammy treatment this year. hasn't been a problem since.

so 99.9 percent of the abuse he takes is based solely on last year.

I must admit I was impressed with Jay Cutler, not so much with Mike Bell. I've been secretly rooting for Van Pelt for 2 years now, but I'm starting to change my mind and realize he's probably a career backup at best. Although I still love his passion and he can make good things happen.

Looking forward to a great future with Cutler at the helm.

cutler looked good. agreed.