Sign in to follow this  
hotdogcollarsdotcom

sportscenter is unwatchable...

Baseball is the greatest sport ever. It has taken its lumps over the past 10 years and there is a lot I would change about it, but I still love the game better than any other. Nascar is not a sport. Also, I am not a conservative. I think the Democratic party is not liberal enough. Politics have nothing to do with what sport you like.

Agreed on all accounts :doublethumbsup:

Baseball is the greatest sport ever. It has taken its lumps over the past 10 years and there is a lot I would change about it, but I still love the game better than any other. Nascar is not a sport. Also, I am not a conservative. I think the Democratic party is not liberal enough. Politics have nothing to do with what sport you like.

Agreed that baseball is the greatest sport ever and football can't compare with the rich tradition/history of the game. I am a huge football fan as well, don't get me wrong. But baseball is and always will be America's pastime. Too many criminals and thugs in the nfl to ever allow me to seriously think it better than MLB. (MLB is not exempt from some cheaters/thugs, but they don't run rampant like they do in the nfl(see the Cincinnati Bengals))

p.s.- if you don't think the democrats are liberal enough, you have some issues. If the country goes the way of pelosi, gore, hillary, dean, & co. this country will be run by a bunch of pussies a la France

Agreed that baseball is the greatest sport ever and football can't compare with the rich tradition/history of the game. I am a huge football fan as well, don't get me wrong. But baseball is and always will be America's pastime. Too many criminals and thugs in the nfl to ever allow me to seriously think it better than MLB. (MLB is not exempt from some cheaters/thugs, but they don't run rampant like they do in the nfl(see the Cincinnati Bengals))

p.s.- if you don't think the democrats are liberal enough, you have some issues. If the country goes the way of pelosi, gore, hillary, dean, & co. this country will be run by a bunch of pussies a la France

You had me liking you with your Ohio State support and your baseball's better, but lost me with the Democrat-bashing and France-bashing. Watch yourself :rolleyes:

You had me liking you with your Ohio State support and your baseball's better, but lost me with the Democrat-bashing and France-bashing. Watch yourself :rolleyes:

I was just responding to the guy's democrat comment...And the French comment was just added spice, but their leadership(if you can call it that) is very weak...anyway, enough of that. We can agree to disagree on political matters and agree on the Bucks and baseball. It's all good :banana: :banana:

Alright. Go BUCKS and baseball!! :banana: :banana: :D

P.S. American (i.e., Republican) leadership is pretty bad too :D

I'd love to respond to that, but I said enough with the politics, so I will second your "Go Bucks & Baseball!!!" :rolleyes:

I do have issues, but that is not the point. :rolleyes:

:blink:

ESPN reminds me eerily of MTV: GREAT at first, then they gradually bring in these idiot film-school grads to try to turn it into a "real" network which leads to the inevitable decline we are seeing right before our eyes. Even their football coverage blows half the time. WTF was that I saw a few nights ago where that asshat Sean Salisbury was sitting across from HIMSELF debating topics? Pure garbage. "Fact or Fiction?" How about reporting the GD sports news instead of trying to turn your sportscasters into celebrities?

I get 99% of my sports news online these days, thanks to ESPN/Sportscenter.

And as for MLB, there is one reason and one reason only that it's in the sucktastic shape it is in today: Bud Selig.

I SAID can I get an Amen?! :cheers:

I only watch a little of the World Series. College basketball and NFL are the only sports that I really watch.

Playing Fantasy baseball helps. Two guys in are league hated baseball before they started playing. It's something to keep you busy and something to look at everyday.

:P

more challenging than FF and it is almost as much fun. football is tops, still. this is my first year playing fantasy baseball and i was suprised at how entertaining it has been. i have actually been successful. oh, and i still never watch baseball.

hmmm, beisbol is great and the "its ok to drink alone" quote all in the same post. I aint no colombo, but i think i can put 2 and 2 together here.

I think you have made it quite clear that you can't put two and two together. Your lack of reasoning for bashing baseball leads me to believe you can't understand the complexity that is baseball. Football is a very good sport, but it will never be able to match the history, depth and complexity of baseball.

I think you have made it quite clear that you can't put two and two together. Your lack of reasoning for bashing baseball leads me to believe you can't understand the complexity that is baseball. Football is a very good sport, but it will never be able to match the history, depth and complexity of baseball.

BWAHAHAHAAHA, the complexity that is beisbol :headbanger: pitch the fcukin ball, hit the fcukin ball. real complex. The "complexity" is simply a way for a bunch of overpaid pu**ies to make it seem like they're albert friggin einstein

Let me reiterate, i PLAYED beisbol for 12 years and then i woke up and realized that there were plenty of real sports, like basketball and football. Any "sport" that can have fat-a$$es like John Kruk and David Wells playin it, is not worth watching.

when things get completely outdated and out of touch, people say they are complex and deep since they cant think of any real ways to defend it. As for history, thats fine, beisbol was an important part of american histroy, i will never deny that. But, it is HISTORY. If it dissappeared tomorrow, no one outside of Boston and NY woudl give 2 sh1ts about it.

BWAHAHAHAAHA, the complexity that is beisbol :lol: pitch the fcukin ball, hit the fcukin ball. real complex. The "complexity" is simply a way for a bunch of overpaid pu**ies to make it seem like they're albert friggin einstein

Let me reiterate, i PLAYED beisbol for 12 years and then i woke up and realized that there were plenty of real sports, like basketball and football. Any "sport" that can have fat-a$$es like John Kruk and David Wells playin it, is not worth watching.

when things get completely outdated and out of touch, people say they are complex and deep since they cant think of any real ways to defend it. As for history, thats fine, beisbol was an important part of american histroy, i will never deny that. But, it is HISTORY. If it dissappeared tomorrow, no one outside of Boston and NY woudl give 2 sh1ts about it.

hotdiggitydog hit it right on the nose :clap: :clap:

A bunch of fat, beer bellied, cheatin' scumbags can only be found in MLB (More Losers Busted) and won't stand a chance playing *real* sports like football, basketball, or even soccer.

I despise Sportscenter this time of year also, BB,BB,BB,B,B,B MAKes me sick. I found watching Setanta Sports with great soccer passes the time, I know us Americans are not that big on soccer but it is a great sport and you talk abouit conditioning..try playing 90 minutes of 11v11 with only 3 subs per game...just my thoughts... :dunno:

Agreed that baseball is the greatest sport ever and football can't compare with the rich tradition/history of the game.

Yes, yes, quite a rich history and tradition: Cheating (corked bats, scuffed balls), gambling, steroids, intentionally throwing a rock 96 MPH at someone's head...

But baseball is and always will be America's pastime.

Uh, I think you'd better check the ratings before you say th...wait, did you mean CENTRAL America?

Too many criminals and thugs in the nfl to ever allow me to seriously think it better than MLB. (MLB is not exempt from some cheaters/thugs, but they don't run rampant like they do in the nfl(see the Cincinnati Bengals))

ROFLMAO!!!! :dunno:

Darryl Strawberry? Pete Rose? Ferguson Jenkins? Ty Cobb? Steve Howe? The Black Sox?

How about a little intellectual honesty here?

This country is ALREADY run by a bunch of draft-dodging 5-deferrment pussies...and if not for France this country would still be a British colony.

You need to clean yer pipe. :P

Baseball has a lot of positives going for it but until it fixes the competitive balance, it will be #2 sport in America (the ratings show it's a distant 2'nd). Right now the small and middle market teams in general are defacto farm teams for the big market clubs. And yes, it's one team that skews everything. The payroll between the Yanks (#1) and Red Sox (#2) is $90 million while the difference between the Sox and Tampa Bay (#27) is like $70M so there's the Yanks and then about 4-5 other teams in the 100-120 range.

As of now places like KC and Pittsburgh, teams that have a rich history, great players and WS titles are football towns.

BWAHAHAHAAHA, the complexity that is beisbol :banana: pitch the fcukin ball, hit the fcukin ball. real complex. The "complexity" is simply a way for a bunch of overpaid pu**ies to make it seem like they're albert friggin einstein

If "pitch the ball, hit the ball" is your understanding of baseball, you shouldn't even be commenting in this thread...maybe you got hit with too many line drives because you couldn't figure out how to use a glove?

Yes, yes, quite a rich history and tradition: Cheating (corked bats, scuffed balls), gambling, steroids, intentionally throwing a rock 96 MPH at someone's head...

Uh, I think you'd better check the ratings before you say th...wait, did you mean CENTRAL America?

ROFLMAO!!!! :lol:

Darryl Strawberry? Pete Rose? Ferguson Jenkins? Ty Cobb? Steve Howe? The Black Sox?

How about a little intellectual honesty here?

This country is ALREADY run by a bunch of draft-dodging 5-deferrment pussies...and if not for France this country would still be a British colony.

Ok, you implicated about 14 players in the 150 year history of baseball...I can name about 30 criminals from the nfl in the last 5 years...talk about intellectual honesty...hmmm...and are you saying that there is no gambling, steroids, cheating going on in the nfl? Ignorance is bliss I guess, enjoy the ignorant life man :lol:

Your France comment is comical as well...read a history book, the Frenchies came in at the very end of the Am. Revolution after the war had turned. The helped the U.S. finish the job. Why don't you read an encyclopedia or do a search on how many times we have bailed out the French. And I'm pretty sure you have no clue what is going on in that country today. :first:

Why don't you name for me the draft-dodgers in our current government right now while you are at it??? :headbanger:

I like and will watch all sports(golf, baseball, poker! darts!! haha I love it all!) but the one thing I can't stand is watching NASCAR. I just want to vomit everytime they show any segment on it. I frantically turn the channel, so I don't become retarded listening to those drivers talk about how fast their car is. Still, half of NASCAR fans are people who watch it for the crashes, and sorry, thats not a sport.

Also I loved it when the PTI guys would rip on NASCAR. I remember one time they were suppose to discuss a NASCAR topic and they just look at each other and be like "next!" :banana:

I like and will watch all sports(golf, baseball, poker! darts!! haha I love it all!) but the one thing I can't stand is watching NASCAR. I just want to vomit everytime they show any segment on it. I frantically turn the channel, so I don't become retarded listening to those drivers talk about how fast their car is. Still, half of NASCAR fans are people who watch it for the crashes, and sorry, thats not a sport.

Also I loved it when the PTI guys would rip on NASCAR. I remember one time they were suppose to discuss a NASCAR topic and they just look at each other and be like "next!" :P

Agreed...NASCAR is a major waste of time :D

Also I loved it when the PTI guys would rip on NASCAR. I remember one time they were suppose to discuss a NASCAR topic and they just look at each other and be like "next!" :thumbsdown:

You know what, you make an excellent point. Every time I see NASCAR "highlights" on TV or even attemt watching a race, I feel like maybe I'm missing something. I don't understand how NASCAR can be the fastest growing sport in America. I really just don't get it. It does not make sense to me that people can actually sit around a tv and watch cars drive around for hours.

Now, if their are any NASCAR fans here, please explain the appeal to me. Seriously, I'm not even being a d*ck or anything, I'm just asking. I have heard it's alot of fun to go to a race and it's a really good "partying" kind of atmosphere. But on tv...how can you watch it on tv?

You know what, you make an excellent point. Every time I see NASCAR "highlights" on TV or even attemt watching a race, I feel like maybe I'm missing something. I don't understand how NASCAR can be the fastest growing sport in America. I really just don't get it. It does not make sense to me that people can actually sit around a tv and watch cars drive around for hours.

Now, if their are any NASCAR fans here, please explain the appeal to me. Seriously, I'm not even being a d*ck or anything, I'm just asking. I have heard it's alot of fun to go to a race and it's a really good "partying" kind of atmosphere. But on tv...how can you watch it on tv?

They marketed the hell out of it to a specific demographic. It is now a money maker, see the NFL over the past 30 years. Truth be told, NFL games are not that exciting either. Run a play, take a 45 second break, repeat three or four times, commerical break...Rugby/Soccer is the sport for non-stop action.

They marketed the hell out of it to a specific demographic. It is now a money maker, see the NFL over the past 30 years. Truth be told, NFL games are not that exciting either. Run a play, take a 45 second break, repeat three or four times, commerical break...Rugby/Soccer is the sport for non-stop action.

True, marketing plays a big role. I watched some rugby when I was Australia and it is pretty fun to watch and it is non-stop action. I didn't really get the rules and stuff but the locals were more than willinf to explain. I think people who like football would like rugby as well, if given the chance. Lacrosse is another fun sport to watch, I played for a couple years in high school and it's another game where there aren't alot of breaks and stuff.

NASCAR they try to send out the message of it being a fast and dangerous sport with non stop action. America loves anything thats fast and dangerous but really statistically how much more dangerous is compared to skydiving or base jumping or even football and boxing. You always here a person here or there dies from football or boxing and then racing is really quite similar. You only hear about the crashes and deaths more in nascar because thats what they thrives on to make up their sport.

haha sorry any nascar fans but I just can't get into the sport. I have a couple guys I know who watch it and they just tell me, get to know the drivers and the tracks and you'll get into it. Well I tried. Plus it doesnt help that its such a southern hick sport too.

If "pitch the ball, hit the ball" is your understanding of baseball, you shouldn't even be commenting in this thread...maybe you got hit with too many line drives because you couldn't figure out how to use a glove?

Sorry to spoil your fun but I played baseball from teeball through high school. After that I served as a high school baseball umpire for 4 years. I am quite familiar with both the rules of the game and the intricacies thereof. My comments had nothing to do with the mechanisms of baseball. Rather, they referred to both the relative lack of interest in baseball vis a vis football along with the utter boredom and acute drowsiness that watching baseball induces. That you would bother to debate that football (American style) is not more popular in this country than baseball is a sure sign that you do not get out much. The fact that this lone message board gets as much traffic as any three fantasy baseball message boards you care to name should be your first clue.

Ok, you implicated about 14 players in the 150 year history of baseball...I can name about 30 criminals from the nfl in the last 5 years...talk about intellectual honesty...hmmm...and are you saying that there is no gambling, steroids, cheating going on in the nfl? Ignorance is bliss I guess, enjoy the ignorant life man :lol:

The difference between yourself and me is that I DID go to the trouble of "naming criminals." I can name plenty more from the annals of baseball history if you'd like...more than enough to debunk your idiotic assertion that NFL players are somehow inherently more evil, on average, than MLB players. In any event, suffice it to say that you personally do not find this unchecked NFL criminal aggression egregious enough to stop participating in its hypocrisy. :unsure:

Your France comment is comical as well...read a history book, the Frenchies came in at the very end of the Am. Revolution after the war had turned. The helped the U.S. finish the job. Why don't you read an encyclopedia or do a search on how many times we have bailed out the French. And I'm pretty sure you have no clue what is going on in that country today. :wall:

Here's a hint: if you plan to question someone's knowledge of historical events, it helps to possess some sort inkling of knowledge about said events yourself. As a simple Google search would have shown you (along with helping you avoid exposing your obviously complete ignorance on the subject), French involvement in the American Revolution predates the Declaration of Independence: http://xenophongroup.com/mcjoynt/worldwar.htm :banana:

Why don't you name for me the draft-dodgers in our current government right now while you are at it???

George W. Bush, D!ck Cheney, and Donald Rumsfeld come to mind...is that enough? :dunno:

Sorry to spoil your fun but I played baseball from teeball through high school. After that I served as a high school baseball umpire for 4 years. I am quite familiar with both the rules of the game and the intricacies thereof. My comments had nothing to do with the mechanisms of baseball. Rather, they referred to both the relative lack of interest in baseball vis a vis football along with the utter boredom and acute drowsiness that watching baseball induces. That you would bother to debate that football (American style) is not more popular in this country than baseball is a sure sign that you do not get out much. The fact that this lone message board gets as much traffic as any three fantasy baseball message boards you care to name should be your first clue.

The difference between yourself and me is that I DID go to the trouble of "naming criminals." I can name plenty more from the annals of baseball history if you'd like...more than enough to debunk your idiotic assertion that NFL players are somehow inherently more evil, on average, than MLB players. In any event, suffice it to say that you personally do not find this unchecked NFL criminal aggression egregious enough to stop participating in its hypocrisy. :banana:

Here's a hint: if you plan to question someone's knowledge of historical events, it helps to possess some sort inkling of knowledge about said events yourself. As a simple Google search would have shown you (along with helping you avoid exposing your obviously complete ignorance on the subject), French involvement in the American Revolution predates the Declaration of Independence: http://xenophongroup.com/mcjoynt/worldwar.htm :wacko:

George W. Bush, D!ck Cheney, and Donald Rumsfeld come to mind...is that enough? :banana:

Playing high school baseball tells me nothing about your baseball knowledge and I have seen many high school and even college umpires that are really lacking, so that does nothing for your baseball credibility in my book.

As for naming criminals...the Bengals had 5 players arrested alone in this past offseason...That should tell you something there buddy. There is no comparison in this category.

And you are arguing that football is more popular than baseball because there is more fantasy football traffic on the Net. NO KIDDING! We aren't talking fantasy, we are talking about the real game. Heck, I'd much rather play fantasy football just because of the format.

And you need to go back and check your history. The war was basically over by the time the Declaration was drafted and signed. While they did contribute at the end, the French had very little to do with our success.

As for your remarks on Bush, Cheney, & Rumsfeld...I can see you are a regular visitor on those B.S. far left websites :D (or just a subscriber to the NY Times) :ninja:

Playing high school baseball tells me nothing about your baseball knowledge and I have seen many high school and even college umpires that are really lacking, so that does nothing for your baseball credibility in my book.

Obviously I don't give a ratsass whether or not you think I have "baseball credibility." The fact was and remains that baseball can't hold a candle to football. I didn't make it up. Anyone with a brain would see how obvious this fact is, "baseball credibility" or otherwise.

...baseball credibility? Was that a joke??? :lol:

As for naming criminals...the Bengals had 5 players arrested alone in this past offseason...That should tell you something there buddy. There is no comparison in this category.

Again, you've done absolutely nothing to prove your ridiculous assertion that football players are bigger thugs than baseball players. Also, it isn't a good idea to predict the weather based on the appearance of a single cloud. Thank heavens you aren't a weatherman.

And you are arguing that football is more popular than baseball because there is more fantasy football traffic on the Net. NO KIDDING! We aren't talking fantasy, we are talking about the real game. Heck, I'd much rather play fantasy football just because of the format.

I'm arguing that football is more popular than baseball, period. I am citing a single item to back up my assertion...not that it really needs "backing up"...again, anyone with a brain knows that it's obvious. I hold out eternal hope that you can somehow prove me wrong, but that hope wanes as the clueless posts continue from your direction.

And you need to go back and check your history. The war was basically over by the time the Declaration was drafted and signed. While they did contribute at the end, the French had very little to do with our success.

:lol: Again, had the French not intervened the British would have won the war. Why you would repeat this inaccurate information over and over on the same thread without bothering to check your facts is laughable. In fact, the Treaty of Paris (that's in France, btw) which ended the Revolution was not signed until 1783!! And you say I need to check my history??? :dunno:

As for your remarks on Bush, Cheney, & Rumsfeld...I can see you are a regular visitor on those B.S. far left websites (or just a subscriber to the NY Times)

Given your obvious lack of knowledge of recent American history, I suppose it is improper for me to make too much fun of your lack of knowledge of early American history... :banana: FYI, joining the National Guard during the Vietnam Era was a popular way to ensure that one never had to serve in Vietnam, as National Guard troops were not used in that conflict. VP Cheney got a RECORD 5 deferrments and had, quote, "other priorities." Donald Rumsfeld also never served. This is a matter of public record...regardless of whether found on a "far left" website or not. :headbanger:

Obviously I don't give a ratsass whether or not you think I have "baseball credibility." The fact was and remains that baseball can't hold a candle to football. I didn't make it up. Anyone with a brain would see how obvious this fact is, "baseball credibility" or otherwise.

...baseball credibility? Was that a joke???

Again, you've done absolutely nothing to prove your ridiculous assertion that football players are bigger thugs than baseball players. Also, it isn't a good idea to predict the weather based on the appearance of a single cloud. Thank heavens you aren't a weatherman.

I'm arguing that football is more popular than baseball, period. I am citing a single item to back up my assertion...not that it really needs "backing up"...again, anyone with a brain knows that it's obvious. I hold out eternal hope that you can somehow prove me wrong, but that hope wanes as the clueless posts continue from your direction.

:lol: Again, had the French not intervened the British would have won the war. Why you would repeat this inaccurate information over and over on the same thread without bothering to check your facts is laughable. In fact, the Treaty of Paris (that's in France, btw) which ended the Revolution was not signed until 1783!! And you say I need to check my history??? :cheers:

Given your obvious lack of knowledge of recent American history, I suppose it is improper for me to make too much fun of your lack of knowledge of early American history... :lol: FYI, joining the National Guard during the Vietnam Era was a popular way to ensure that one never had to serve in Vietnam, as National Guard troops were not used in that conflict. VP Cheney got a RECORD 5 deferrments and had, quote, "other priorities." Donald Rumsfeld also never served. This is a matter of public record...regardless of whether found on a "far left" website or not. :banana:

No, I wasn't joking about baseball credibility and now I am certain that you have none at all. Your only argument that football is more loved than baseball is that more people play fantasy football....lame.

You can't seem to deny all of the criminal activity of nfl players...here is an interesting page about players from the 2005 nfl playoff teams with criminal rap sheets(And that is just the tip of the iceberg)...you've lost this side of the argument, you are just too full of yourself to admit it. http://www.radiobs.net/thebluestateconserv...riminals_y.html

As for the Am. Rev./French stuff(which by the way has no bearings on the fact that France is run by a bunch of yellow tailed little girls today)...You have distorted the facts(a common tactic of the ultra-liberals in this country). As any historian knows, the turning point of the Am. Rev. was the American victory under generals Gates/Arnold at Saratoga. That my friend took place in 1777, the French never even entered the conflict until the middle of 1778(July 10 to be exact) after they were sure our young country had pulled ahead and were on their way to winning(and I do thank the French for their assistance in the Revolution).

And are you trying to demean the sacrifice of the brave Americans that serve in our National Guard? Far left smear tactics are all that you can think to post my friend. :thumbsup:

Agreed...NASCAR is a major waste of time :bench:

now that is something we can all agree on. After all, NASCAR fans dont yet know how to use a computer, so we dont have to worry about them posting here. :o

now that is something we can all agree on. After all, NASCAR fans dont yet know how to use a computer, so we dont have to worry about them posting here. :lol:

Amen to that...I'm officially done with this thread...It has been fun though! :thumbsup: :lol: :lol:

Uh......it's called Sport Center not Football Center.

Watch the NFL network dufus :dunno:

:headbanger:

I agree with you BBB. My politics are so far right that I make Rush Limbaugh look like a communist, but there`s no doubt in my mind that baseball is the greatest sport ever invented. There`s no uncalled holding penalties in baseball, there`s no peeping under a focking hood to see if the call should be overturned in baseball, there`s no "he ran out of bounds, so he can`t be the first player to touch the ball" bs. Plus the statistics compiled by baseball players are a more true reflection of the abilities of the player since baseball is an individual game inside a team game. In football the stats compiled by a player are largely dependant upon the performances of the people around him. Not so in baseball. A player`s numbers are a reflection on him and him alone. There is one thing about football that`s superior, and that`s the effort level. Football players play once a week, and as a result, they let it all hang out when they hit the field! Baseball players on the other hand (especially major leaguers), since they play practally every day, have a tendency to dog it some times. One other thing......why to the managers have to where baseball uniforms? Wouldn`t Parcells look stupid standing on the sidelines wearing pads and a helmet! :thumbsup:

Baseball is the best sport by far. The 1993 Giant Braves National League West race was the thrill of a lifetime for the this sports fan. My Giants lost the race - thay missed the playoffs even though they won 103 games.

The next year baseball had a strike, my favorite player Matt Williams was on pace to break the home fun record....

You don't cancel the World Series.

Fantasy football and MMA are the only sports for me now. Thank god for them.

You don't cancel the World Series.

Baseball is the best sport by far.

No, I wasn't joking about baseball credibility and now I am certain that you have none at all. Your only argument that football is more loved than baseball is that more people play fantasy football....lame.

Jesus focking Christ dude...can you READ? That is merely ONE reason...of MANY. There are others. Listen to ANY sports talk radio show. Check the merchandising $$$. Check average game attendance between the two leagues. Check the TV rating. Check the money that networks are paying to carry football vs. baseball. Again, anyone with a brain can see that football has long since surpassed baseball as the national pastime. The fact that you prefer baseball to football does not (and will not) change this fact.

You can't seem to deny all of the criminal activity of nfl players

I never set out to "deny all of the criminal activity of nfl players." Again, you need serious work on your reading comprehension skills, dude. There are criminals in ALL major sports. YOU are the one asserting that there are more criminals in football, historically, than baseball. Either prove it, or kindly STFU about it. If the criminal element disturbs you so...why do you watch? Just to have something to b!tch about?

As for the Am. Rev./French stuff(which by the way has no bearings on the fact that France is run by a bunch of yellow tailed little girls today)...You have distorted the facts(a common tactic of the ultra-liberals in this country). As any historian knows, the turning point of the Am. Rev. was the American victory under generals Gates/Arnold at Saratoga. That my friend took place in 1777, the French never even entered the conflict until the middle of 1778(July 10 to be exact) after they were sure our young country had pulled ahead and were on their way to winning(and I do thank the French for their assistance in the Revolution).

I won't bother asking you to qualify your brilliant "yellow tailed little girls" analysis, because I know you cannot, but again, for about the third (and last) time, the US would not exist today without the French's help in the American Revolution. Here's a comprehensive link to details about French involvement in the Revolution (which I am certain you will ignore).

And are you trying to demean the sacrifice of the brave Americans that serve in our National Guard?

First off, having served honorably in both the regular Army (MOS 12B) in Desert Shield/Storm and in the ANG for four years after my regular enlistment ended, I will gladly put my service record against yours any day of the week. Nothing in my previous post indicates that I am "trying to demean the sacrifice" of anyone in the National Guard...with the exception of GWB, who got into the National Guard solely to keep his coward ass out of Viet Nam. He could have been on the first plane to Viet Nam had he chosen to stand up and fight for his country...but instead he got into the National Guard to avoid the draft and avoid combat. Anyone who knows anything about the history of Viet Nam knows that this was a common practice in those days. YOU are the one here demeaning the service of others...and when you get a response you whine about someone "demeaning the sacrifice of the brave Americans." What a pitiful excuse for an "argument." :D You should probably stick to Mann Coulter blogs and Rush Limbaugh's spoon-fed tripe. You are way out of your league here.

Far left smear tactics are all that you can think to post my friend. :banana:

Uh...excuse me? Smear tactics? You mean, like this?

If the country goes the way of pelosi, gore, hillary, dean, & co. this country will be run by a bunch of pussies a la France

You are a complete joke. :P

The period after the superbowl is the doldrums of sports to me, slight breeze when the draft happens then dead air for another 4 months. I wish that my favorite sport, college football was played in the spring so that we would have a longer football season overall.

Baseball highlights - home run hit or infielder dives to his right, twists and throws out the player at first, woo hoo.

How about those baseball highlights... For some reason ESPN likes to show all of the homeruns as highlights. I've got news for them - EVERY HOMERUN LOOKS THE SAME!!! It's just a flyball that happens to go a little longer than an out. It's no different than showing bowling highlights of all of the strikes. Can't get more boring!!!

Half of the players are sitting in the dugout playing cards and not even paying attention to the game. How can anyone get excited about that?? Not to mention playing over 100 games a year. I think spring training starts only a couple months after the world series so it's practically on all year.

:P

:pointstosky:

Uh... Thanks for calling me dufus for one. I can't get the nfl network here. I'm forced to watch these pathetic highlights because cable is my only option unless I move. Too many trees here to get Directv or anything satellite.

Thanks again for that dufus comment.

:wacko: