8.5--Drew Bledsoe, QB, Dal--DocJ

8.6--London Fletcher, LB, Buf--Waveman

8.7--Eddie Kennison, WR, KC--BoneYard

8.8--Adrian Wilson, DB, Ari--Scooter

8.9--Will Witherspoon, LB, SL--ExFajita

8.10--Derrick Brooks, LB, TB--Tex

8.11--Ed Reed, DB, Bal--Doyle

8.12--Kevan Barlow, RB, SF--Zap

7.12 Mushin Muhammad- :banana: Im stoked i got him this late as a WR #3. Im really high on him this year and most reports from camp have been good.

8.01 Lofa Tatupu- I picked him up on waivers towards the end of the season last year and he put up some good numbers. I had him in my top 5, so im really excited i got him.

I was sweating out the 2 picks before me. I was hoping they werent going to take either one. Whew!

:headbanger:

7.12 Mushin Muhammad- :banana: Im stoked i got him this late as a WR #3. Im really high on him this year and most reports from camp have been good.

8.01 Lofa tatupa- I picked him up on waivers towards the end of the season last year and he put up some good numbers. I had him in my top 5, so im really excited i got him.

I was sweating out the 2 picks before me. I was hoping they werent going to take either one. Whew!

:mad: GRRRRR I had Tatupu targeted with my second pick all day. I will take Andra Davis instead. I was afraid you would take Benson so you should have been sweating - I almost took Tatupu 1st as I figured you were going LB with one of your picks. Davis should be a top 10 LB. And Benson is not going to sit on the bench this year in Chicago!

And Benson is not going to sit on the bench this year in Chicago!

I'm glad you took him so I didn't feel forced to later. He's a nancy. :headbanger:

:banana: GRRRRR I had Tatupu targeted with my second pick all day. I will take Andra Davis instead. I was afraid you would take Benson so you should have been sweating - I almost took Tatupu 1st as I figured you were going LB with one of your picks. Davis should be a top 10 LB. And Benson is not going to sit on the bench this year in Chicago!

8.01 Lofa Tatupu- I picked him up on waivers towards the end of the season last year and he put up some good numbers. I had him in my top 5, so im really excited i got him.

You should relax, no one would have taken either one...... :mad:

You should relax, no one would have taken either one...... :banana:

Post of the draft so far! :headbanger:

You should relax, no one would have taken either one...... :headbanger:

Dont be upset because i stole the guy you were targeting.

Dont be upset because i stole the guy you were targeting.

When that happens I will certainly give you some props, thus far. not even close.... :banana:

But I thought it was a lovely story, and you tell it so well, with such enthusiasm! :headbanger:

When that happens I will certainly give you some props, thus far. not even close.... :D

But I thought it was a lovely story, and you tell it so well, with such enthusiasm! :huh:

You hate to love me!

7.12 Mushin Muhammad- :D Im stoked i got him this late as a WR #3. Im really high on him this year and most reports from camp have been good.

:huh:

:mad: :mad: :mad: I wanted Mush this pick.

I've got 6 in my predraft. I'm off to bed. Will check in the AM. :huh:

Thanks.

Tex is predrafted, Doyle is predrafted, ExtremeFajita is online... a pick from Scooter launches the next round tonight.

ETA! I'm pretty excited for this corner. Let's dooo it Scooter!! :doublethumbsup:

Also, he hasn't been around for four hours, so he could be off for the night. :P

I'm sorry guys...was out walking the mutt when my buddy up the street offered me a beer. One beer led to another and his woman invited me to chinese food and my mutt's playing with their mutt and we ate and...I'm sorry. I totally spaced the draft, thinking "no way it'll come all the way around" when I logged back...

and yet it did.

Ah well....at least I got to start the run on DBs. Man am I happy with this pick. If he gets 20% less production he's still a beast. Thought about Brooks...thought about Reed...Wilson doesn't get that many picks (yet) but man is he a tackling monster...and 8 sacks last year might actually improve. Scary.

I'm sure I know what Zap will do here...I just can't believe he's not on autopick.

lol

Tex is predrafted, Doyle is predrafted, ExtremeFajita is online... a pick from Scooter launches the next round tonight.

ETA! I'm pretty excited for this corner. Let's dooo it Scooter!! :unsure:

liar!

lol :doublethumbsup:

liar!

lol :blink:

The kid had a hard time falling asleep. First day of school tomorrow. I was reading to her. I fell asleep. :cheers:

Okay, Ahman Green and Kevan Barlow. I see upside here and I'm glad I waited this long for both. Nolan said before the first preseason game Barlow was clearly their best back. He gets a carry and dings his thigh and is pulled from the game. His backup looked great behind the healthy OLine. I still think this is a tight camp battle and Barlow is going to end up featured eventually. Scooter, I think you retracted your opinion too fast. We'll see, but with TJ and Ahman starting the season (as of now Benson's shoulder is real, and TJ is just cruising with the hammy complaint), I can wait on Gore to break and be fine with Barlow. He is better than most think. That line in that division is going to rack up yards on the ground this year. Ahman is reportedly all the way back and looking far better than any other back there. There's another back falling and he was considered, but what I really considered was whether or not two of them would come back another corner, because Witherspoon, Wilson and another IDP (who I now have little chance for) were all very enticing at this point.

I felt terrible about my team last year and won this league. I'm feeling pretty good about this team, so I must be doomed.

Zap I'm shocked.

Those were some interesting picks, and I was totally wrong. I thought I had your next 2 pegged. :cheers:

I think I know half of what you were thinking, maybe both, but I don't think I should talk about it yet.

I'm sorry guys...was out walking the mutt when my buddy up the street offered me a beer. One beer led to another and his woman invited me to chinese food and my mutt's playing with their mutt and we ate and...I'm sorry. I totally spaced the draft, thinking "no way it'll come all the way around" when I logged back...

and yet it did.

Ah well....at least I got to start the run on DBs. Man am I happy with this pick. If he gets 20% less production he's still a beast. Thought about Brooks...thought about Reed...Wilson doesn't get that many picks (yet) but man is he a tackling monster...and 8 sacks last year might actually improve. Scary.

I'm sure I know what Zap will do here...I just can't believe he's not on autopick.

lol

Scooter I can't say I blame you. Beers and chinese food would make me forget about drafting for awhile too. :ninja:

I think I know half of what you were thinking, maybe both, but I don't think I should talk about it yet.

I was thinking you'd continue your D run and take Peppers and thus, piss me off.

lol

:banana:

I was thinking you'd continue your D run and take Peppers and thus, piss me off.

lol

:thumbsup:

Continuing the DRun was getting strong consideration, but I wanted Witherspoon or Wilson with someone else. I would have been putting way too much faith in TJ if I did that, and when the two IDPs fell, I just couldn't risk the RBs falling. I need to hit once between TJ, Green and Barlow. None are guaranteed. I love Peppers but DL wasn't on my wish list yet.

For three years, I've built my defenses very late. The first two years I built good ones. Last year I was a mess on defense as the competition here became more IDP savvy. This year I feel like I'm scrambling and changing my strategy at every turn. Coming up to that turn I was thinking I should just build a fierce defense and make it the strength of my team, but as I analyzed depth and value, I decided to secure some reasonable potential at RB.

I have a long doc here titled Goider Draft Notes. Just putting my long term thinking for this draft on paper and looking at different possibilities. It started out reading like a thriller, quickly became a drama, and now it's just comedy.